RFC: Duels

Sigrun Vapneir

:. Declare War on another nation

Declaring Nation: Confederatio Aesir (Sigrun Vapneir) Declaring Nation Strength: 118,231.086 Declaring Nation Rank: Ranked #917 of 9,696 nations Defending Nation: Afro Pick (master hakai) - You cannot declare war on this nation because they are not within your range of nations to declare war on. View your My Ranking screen to find nations within your range. Defending Nation Strength: 39,391.032 Defending Nation Rank: Ranked #3,360 of 9,696 nations

Please buy infra!

I thought my NS was 130,000. Must have been dreaming D:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From May, 2012 to July, 2013 the GPA had a Policy for "duels" (we called them "military drills"). I think we used it only once (we're boring like that), which IMHO is a pity (especially considering the effort I had spent in drafting it! :) )

I anyway believe that sharing knowledge is good. Since I am its author I can definitely publish our old policy: anyone feel free to take inspiration from it.
(I crossed out a condition that I believe is now obsolete, as XP gains can be disabled in-game. I provide this text as is: no warranties attached and no responsibility on my part for what may happen if anyone uses it. For the record, this policy is no more valid for the GPA and no GPA nation can participate in "duels" or "drills" without facing basically certain expulsion. :( )

[spoiler]

GPA Military Drills

• Any GPA nation in good standing can apply for military drills, by creating an ad-hoc thread in The GPA Military Quarters forum.
  • Compliant with the GPA Charter, all drills must be authorized in advance, with a direct permission, by the GPA Minister of Defense.
    Unauthorized drills, no matter how well intended, will generally be treated as acts of roguery on part of the participants.
  • The GPA Ministry of Defense does not sponsor military drills, but it just monitors and controls them to ensure that they don't break any GPA rule and that they can't jeopardize the alliance stability or security.
  • Applying GPA nations must privately seek non-GPA rulers of their trust, which control nations in their range, as their military drill partner(s).
  • According to the game rules, GPA vs GPA military drills are NOT admissible.
    Note that the previous rule, that allowed GPA vs GPA military exercises, has been declared illegal on July, 1st, 2013.
    You must now find one or more non-GPA partners for your drills!
  • Although the GPA Ministry of Defense and/or government may assist members in finding their drill partner(s), the ultimate responsibility of accepting and trusting said partners belongs to the involved members only.
  • Military drills must be compliant with all and every CN rule. Although the GPA Ministry of Defense and/or government may assist members in trying make sure of that, the ultimate responsibility about it belongs to the involved members only.
  • Every nation involved and their respective alliance(s) must not be in a state of war for the drill to be allowed.
  • Specific, expressed Rules Of Engagement (ROE) must be set and expressly approved, before any drill, by all the parties involved, i.e.: individual nations and every alliance they're member of, or affiliated to in any way according to their respective rules.
  • The ROE can vary from case to case but they always involve, at minimum:
    • The list of nations that are allowed to take part to the drill.
    • The start and the duration of the drill.
    • The list of weapons/attacks approved for the drill.
    • The list of weapons/attacks banned from the drill.
    • The unconditional possibility for any party to withdraw from the drill at any moment for any reason.
    • The unconditional right for any of the involved alliances to request and obtain the withdrawal of some or all of their nations from the drill, at any moment for any reason.
    • The absolute prohibition to do "Gather Intelligence" spy operations.
    • The unconditional exclusion of any form of reparation or refund for any damage taken (or expense) for every involved (fighting) nation, except for the following point.
    • The provision that the involved nations are individually responsible for refunding the damages they cause for not having respected the ROE or any other prior condition they agreed to.
    • The possibility, but not the obligation, for any of the involved alliances to help pay the reparations for undue damages caused by their own members.
  • GPA members are forbidden to engage in military drills unless expressly approved by the GPA Minister of Defense, according to these rules.

[/spoiler]

You're welcome! :)

Edited by jerdge

From May, 2012 to July, 2013 the GPA had a Policy for "duels" (we called them "military drills"). I think we used it only once (we're boring like that), which IMHO is a pity (especially considering the effort I had spent in drafting it! :) )

I anyway believe that sharing knowledge is good. Since I am its author I can definitely publish our old policy: anyone feel free to take inspiration from it.
(I crossed out a condition that I believe is now obsolete, as XP gains can be disabled in-game. I provide this text as is: no warranties attached and no responsibility on my part for what may happen if anyone uses it. For the record, this policy is no more valid for the GPA and no GPA nation can participate in "duels" or "drills" without facing basically certain expulsion. :( )

You're welcome! :)

Oh! I remember that.

Surely Dragonshy and I weren't the only ones to use it?

Also, welp at your bolded line. Come on ye soft neutrals!

(Also, I have a suspicion that I'd find myself with two a-holes if I agreed to a duel, courtesy of Military Command, so how about you and I have a duel then jerdge :D)

Edited by Caladin

Surely Dragonshy and I weren't the only ones to use it?

I didn't remember your case. I was talking of nik and Baron of Beef. It's two times then.

(Also, I have a suspicion that I'd find myself with two a-holes if I agreed to a duel, courtesy of Military Command, so how about you and I have a duel then jerdge :D)

Eh eh that would be (also) funny, but I wouldn't want to end my GPA career with being kicked out. Never say never, anyway. :)

I've been thinking it would be really great if there were a way to sort of clone two nations and set the clones aside in a bubble to duke it out for 7 days, no holds barred, before they get deleted. In other words, a true duel with your current nation stats, but not with your actual nation. Has this sort of thing already been proposed and rejected in the Suggestion Box?

I've been thinking it would be really great if there were a way to sort of clone two nations and set the clones aside in a bubble to duke it out for 7 days, no holds barred, before they get deleted. In other words, a true duel with your current nation stats, but not with your actual nation. Has this sort of thing already been proposed and rejected in the Suggestion Box?

I don't believe anything like this has ever been suggested? It sounds fun as all hell though. 

Jerdge, I find that document fascinating, and I wonder if you can say anything about why it is no longer in force.

I don't know of any reason to keep it confidential. At one point a GPA government decided that war drills were not peaceful and were thus incompatible with the GPA idea of neutrality. I personally think that the majority of the Agency shares that view.
I don't, though. Many think that we just sit there and count flowers, while in reality the GPA is full with lots of debates, change and activity, basically all the time. It's a very interesting place, and everyone* being nice people makes it pleasant, not dead.

* The Screaming Peace Dove of Death and the Sinister Minister being notable exceptions.

Eh eh that would be (also) funny, but I wouldn't want to end my GPA career with being kicked out. Never say never, anyway. :)

Eh, that's no fun :P

Plus, I really can't see ben kicking you out. Edited by Caladin

Eh, that's no fun :P

Plus, I really can't see ben kicking you out.

For a moment there I had a glorious fantasy... Jerdge ignores nonsense rule and duels, Ben refuses to kick him, and it turns into a GPA civil war.

Yeah it wont happen. GPA members just are not permitted to have any fun at all :(

For a moment there I had a glorious fantasy... Jerdge ignores nonsense rule and duels, Ben refuses to kick him, and it turns into a GPA civil war.

Yeah it wont happen. GPA members just are not permitted to have any fun at all :(

Tbh, I'm betting that Ben would just demote jerdge to affiliate for a few weeks :P

If its an AA problem, jump to a protected AA for the duration of the dance. 

For most AA hopping is a pretty exploitable loophole in the rules that prevent fun.

GPAers, if I am not out of date, are only allowed to do it once in a lifetime, however. Harsh.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir