Recognition of Hostilities with I dunno some spelunking alliance or something

Quote:

So far, they haven't even stopped attacking, so that "surrender" talk looks a bit weak.  Not to mention, Cuba pretending that "exposed spy operations" was the only issue here.

Also, keep in mind that "lets just stop this now" is exactly what raiders want.  They asked to stop minutes after they completed their first quad attacks.  Raiders don't want real wars, they want to take your tech, land, money, do some damage, then everyone agrees to peace. 

I could have taken that option.  Just let them have whatever they had taken and let them walk off with their spoils of war.  But it just encourages them, and they would almost certainly hit me again sometime down the road.

This was the second time that DBDC has attacked me and that was TWo times TOOOOOO MUch.

So I took a stand

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

So far, they haven't even stopped attacking, so that "surrender" talk looks a bit weak.  Not to mention, Cuba pretending that "exposed spy operations" was the only issue here.

Also, keep in mind that "lets just stop this now" is exactly what raiders want.  They asked to stop minutes after they completed their first quad attacks.  Raiders don't want real wars, they want to take your tech, land, money, do some damage, then everyone agrees to peace. 

I could have taken that option.  Just let them have whatever they had taken and let them walk off with their spoils of war.  But it just encourages them, and they would almost certainly hit me again sometime down the road.

This was the second time that DBDC has attacked me and that was TWo times TOOOOOO MUch.

So I took a stand

You get it, congratulations.

If more people did what RIA did, then being in DBDC wouldn't be a whole lot of "fun".  As for your case, I've spoken with several nations in the top 250 that have been raided multiple times by DBDC.  Once they figure out you are a good source of land and tech, you guarantee return visits.  Yes, fighting back means you lose several months (probably a lot more) of nation development, but what's the alternative? Buying knee pads and some lip balm?  Being a farm for raiders is no way to live.

OOC: And sadly some people are instead deleting rather than fighting or putting up with the harassment..."good riddance" say some of you, but the fact is that this game depends upon people who sort of sit on the sidelines and simply nation build just as much as it depends on the other half that are associated with politically active alliances.  People who nation build are eyeballs on screens looking at the ads that help support the game and they invite friends to join who do the same, and that doesn't even begin to address the revenue that Admin gets from them through donations.

Edited by ChairmanHal

You get it, congratulations.

If more people did what RIA did, then being in DBDC wouldn't be a whole lot of "fun".  As for your case, I've spoken with several nations in the top 250 that have been raided multiple times by DBDC.  Once they figure out you are a good source of land and tech, you guarantee return visits.  Yes, fighting back means you lose several months (probably a lot more) of nation development, but what's the alternative? Buying knee pads and some lip balm?  Being a farm for raiders is no way to live.

OOC: And sadly some people are instead deleting rather than fighting or putting up with the harassment..."good riddance" say some of you, but the fact is that this game depends upon people who sort of sit on the sidelines and simply nation build just as much as it depends on the other half that are associated with politically active alliances.  People who nation build are eyeballs on screens looking at the ads that help support the game and they invite friends to join who do the same, and that doesn't even begin to address the revenue that Admin gets from them through donations.

Could another alternative be that they just like to war?

Could another alternative be that they just like to war?

If they [i]just[/i] liked to war, then liking to war would be the only criterion for entry into the alliance. Requirements to join DBDC are steep, with high NS, tech, and infra quotas. They like to [i]war and get away with it.[/i]

If they just liked to war, then liking to war would be the only criterion for entry into the alliance. Requirements to join DBDC are steep, with high NS, tech, and infra quotas. They like to war and get away with it.

You have a point. I think DBDC might be raiders. :o

You don't need to lecture me on what members actions can bring upon an alliance.  I'm well versed in consequences, both on an individual level and at an alliance/coalition level.  My actions have consistently been to stand by my member nations when their actions are called into question by those who are admittedly not our friends or allies.  This seems to me to be a sign of an effective leader and Dajobo and Ogaden possess the same skill set.

Also loved Cuba's trust bit. Right, NpO should trust an alliance that raided us despite apparently being on a don't raid list made by a "government" that does not govern but instead follows any member wherever he leads by doing whatever he wants.

No, actually, it makes you the opposite of a leader.  You do not lead and you do not govern, you are led around by the nose by an unruly membership that apparently ignores your do not attack list (if it exists) and knows that whatever mess they create by going off the reservation, you will not lead, you will follow.

Edited by Schattenmann

No, actually, it makes you the opposite of a leader.  You do not lead and you do not govern, you are led around by the nose by an unruly membership that apparently ignores your do not attack list (if it exists) and knows that whatever mess they create by going off the reservation, you will not lead, you will follow.

Sounds like my kind of party. Where do I sign up?

Some fine gentlemen in a cave themed alliance have had the temerity to attack our sovereign and glorious alliance.  This action has been deemed to contravene Article VII, subsection i of the Random Insanity Alliance ConstRItution.  While the Random Insanity Alliance prefers to resolve matters peacefully through diplomacy, this is the second time this has happened in as many months, and the previous solution to the previous attacks was not followed through on by the aforementioned fine gentlemen, thus eroding the level of trust and reliability necessary for a diplomatic solution to be successful.

I believe a group of wandering surfside philosophers once commented on just this exact situation.

Getting back on point, the Random Insanity Alliance recognizes hostilities with Doombird Doomcave.

Sounds serious...^  :(

How reasonable of you to remove RIA from your raid list, although I must inquiry, why were they on such a list to begin with? RIA has been around for years and is quite established as an alliance. What right have you to attack them? Or any other nation, for that matter.

As you may know, I never have supported raiding. But I will concede that at the very least you fellows at DBDC are honest about your nature. Other raiding alliances attempt to justify their actions with flimsy definitions of "sovereignty" or arbitrary alliance "sizes" (as if once a group jumps from 19 to 20 it becomes an alliance). In actuality, these reasons are all absurd. They're simply covering for cowardice. These other raiders do not want to hit anyone who could potentially hit them back. Oh, but DBDC will hit anyone, large or small. That honesty may be the only respectable trait you have. Still, your wanton disregard for established conventions concerning alliances is a danger to us all, and it only reinforces my belief that you must be destroyed.

Not that I am going to do anything about it. I don't do much of anything these days. Have a nice day.

Isn't that the general idea, to hit someone who can't or won't hit you back. Sounds like pretty solid strategy to me...

I heard if you go into the bathroom, look into the mirror, and chant doombird doomcave 5 times you will have 50 messages in your inbox after update.

If that is your masturbatory fantasy and it works for you, then that's your business there, chief.   <_<

It's like they say, Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac :wub: