Recognition of Hostilities with I dunno some spelunking alliance or something

The fact that IRON finally found some bravado once DBDC raided them does not negate the fact that the ground now has a permanent impression of IRON circa January. You can't criticize others for lying down or say that you're different just because you finally pulled your balls out of your purse at the last second. Hell, there were a lot of suggestion box warriors trying to tilt the odds for IRON anyway.

Also, anything that I believe happened during the last war? These are facts that you can't simply dismiss.

Why cant I criticize others for laying down when I never did? You are quick to pass judgment, what gives you the right when you say I do not?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why cant I criticize others for laying down when I never did? You are quick to pass judgment, what gives you the right when you say I do not?

Because you're gonna bring down a whole glass empire throwing all those stones.

Ha! Everything is going according to my evil plan. I knew if I remained the smallest DBDC member I'd end up being attacked as an "easy target" when other nations in DBDC got involved in raids without me. Thank you - now my generals, who have been complaining endlessly about how useless they feel and how restless the men have become, are happy they get to play with their toys. :salute: RIA!

oh, you know, IF they are going to effectively deter nations from raiding them they might want to ACTUALLY ATTACK THE NATIONS INVOLVED as opposed to poor, little, innocent DBDC nations (yes, I can hear the tiny violins) such as Lander Clan that just happen to be in the same alliance but are not actually engaging their nations.

That's how I would of responded and that's what *I* would have respected much more, but not all nation/alliance leaders are as ethical as myself apparently :P

Nothing personal White Chocolate, this conflict has escalated to an alliance war and you were one of the few targets in range.

Yeah seriously Gitami is right

RIA is declaring very aggressive wars on some people who weren't even doing anything.  I will have to speak to our DOOMCOUNCIL but I think we may have do to a Recognition of Skirmish at this time.  I hope against hope that it doesn't escalate to an Extended Clash or Declaration of Mean Spirited DOOM Warfare.

Best of luck guys.  After all it's better to fight back for your alliance than to die a RIA when everybody is watching.

Yes it was intentional.

All nations must die, Valar Morghulis

Yeah seriously Gitami is right

RIA is declaring very aggressive wars on some people who weren't even doing anything.  I will have to speak to our DOOMCOUNCIL but I think we may have do to a Recognition of Skirmish at this time.  I hope against hope that it doesn't escalate to an Extended Clash or Declaration of Mean Spirited DOOM Warfare.

Best of luck guys.  After all it's better to fight back for your alliance than to die a RIA when everybody is watching.

Yes it was intentional.

Bah! Uninvolved? Do you expect us to swallow that nonsense. The very purpose of DBDC's existence is unprovoked attacks on other alliances. You did that to RIA, and it was recognized for what it was: an act of war. Neither you nor any of your members can claim innocence here. You all knew exactly what you were signing up for when you decided to take up this particular affiliation.

Then I am sorry that I voiced support to RIA for standing up for themselves. Obviously it was a bad decision or you wouldn't be ranting like a madman.

I don't recall saying supporting RIA was a bad decision; I think trying to point at IRON as some kind of entity that didn't shoot its own foot off around the same time as the DBDC incident is dumb. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have an upper tier if it weren't for NG and FEAR, really.

But yeah, back to RIA being RIA in the best way possible. Edited by Neo Uruk

Bah! Uninvolved? Do you expect us to swallow that nonsense. The very purpose of DBDC's existence is unprovoked attacks on other alliances. You did that to RIA, and it was recognized for what it was: an act of war. Neither you nor any of your members can claim innocence here. You all knew exactly what you were signing up for when you decided to take up this particular affiliation.

Tell us how you really feel.

Bah! Uninvolved? Do you expect us to swallow that nonsense. Neither you nor any of your members can claim innocence here. You all knew exactly what you were signing up for when you decided to take up this particular affiliation.

But Rebel Virginia, everybody on Planet Bob claims innocence (or the "moral highground" if you prefer) at one point or another regardless of what they actually DO. It's one of our (as a community) favorite past times. Many people here do it with great skill. Just because DBDC does things a little out of the "common practice" of other alliances doesn't mean that we lose all right to point out the hyprocracy of others. If anything, we should know :P

And yes, I knew exactly what I was signing up for when joining DBDC and let me just say that it's wonderful. Edited by White Chocolate

But Rebel Virginia, everybody on Planet Bob claims innocence (or the "moral highground" if you prefer) at one point or another regardless of what they actually DO. It's one of our (as a community) favorite past times. Many people here do it with great skill. Just because DBDC does things a little out of the "common practice" of other alliances doesn't mean that we lose all right to point out the hyprocracy of others. If anything, we should know :P

And yes, I knew exactly what I was signing up for when joining DBDC and let me just say that it's wonderful.

You're allowed to claim it; doesn't mean RV and others can't call bull shit. Edited by Caladin

I was responding to the "IRON didn't lay down" comment, not stating anything that was new. According to darkfox, none of what I said was reality.

That was in reference to DBDC attacking an alliance and said alliance laying down.

You made a response to a statement that wasn't stated.

That was in reference to DBDC attacking an alliance and said alliance laying down.

You made a response to a statement that wasn't stated.

I know what it was in reference to; I made the initial comment he was responding to. He then tried to deny that the things happened. They very much happened.

Anyway, my point is that IRON's case of finding their trigger finger was far too little far too late to claim that they don't lie down. They very clearly did and then only chose to save face at the last minute. A tad reminiscent of Karma, really.

RIA has never backed down from a fight...even during the RIA-RIA war (still ongoing) and fighting on both sides of a conflict. This doesn't surprise me at all. You guys tried it the diplomatic way...this was really the only way left.

Best of luck to you guys.

Edited by Chuck Normis

Then I am sorry that I voiced support to RIA for standing up for themselves. Obviously it was a bad decision or you wouldn't be ranting like a madman. 

He's always ranting like a madman, so I wouldn't read to much into anything he says.

RIA did what was right for them, so now they can avoid further raids, assuming they accept the DBDC surrender with white peace. Whether its worth continuing is a separate matter and will be very damaging regardless of length.

If RIA had been less involved within the treaty web this event perhaps would not have happened although considering the recent raid on Corvus that can be disputed. I am not grandstanding, hollering or whatever it is you think I am doing. The simple fact of the matter is if you declare yourself insane and create no binding defence treaties with any decent alliances then an alliance possessing the culture found within DBDC is inevitably going to raid you.Every other alliance knows this and has either implemented or is still seeking to implement a plan of action or diplomatic policy which will remedy this. If being random provides no defence against being raided then surely the members of these treatied alliances must question the whole point of being treatied in the first place because the primary reason for most people to even be within an alliance is for protection and security.

Have fun dudes.

If RIA had been less involved within the treaty web this event perhaps would not have happened although considering the recent raid on Corvus that can be disputed. I am not grandstanding, hollering or whatever it is you think I am doing. The simple fact of the matter is if you declare yourself insane and create no binding defence treaties with any decent alliances then an alliance possessing the culture found within DBDC is inevitably going to raid you.Every other alliance knows this and has either implemented or is still seeking to implement a plan of action or diplomatic policy which will remedy this. If being random provides no defence against being raided then surely the members of these treatied alliances must question the whole point of being treatied in the first place because the primary reason for most people to even be within an alliance is for protection and security.

Have fun dudes.

It would have happened regardless. The decisions of RIA to 'Do Something' has absolutely nothing to do with the web. Randoms have been 'raided' by DBDC without defending themselves in full. Non-randoms have also been 'raided' by DBDC without defending themselves in full. DBDC does its thing regardless, it's how alliances react that matters.

RIA is trying to buck the trend here. I respect that conscious decision far more than when folks made MQ's LUEcide into an anti-MK circlejerk. MQ had no* friends. DBDC has many big ones. Power and survival enslaves morality. Politics.

*Besides Rey and several others, but that's pretty irrelevant

So yeah. Have fun!