A note on MI6 recruitment tactics.

smurthwaite

No, I genuinely dislike the lot of you. All these things I say is actually what I know to be true of your pitiful excuse of an alliance. No acting, no giving a !@#$ who you think you are or what friends you think you have or what GATO's position in the world is. The people in your alliance used to be the independent type even if they didn't have much say in the world they stood up for things that actually meant something. Now? Well you sell out to hide under a few larger skirts and puff up and talk like you did something when really the only thing that has changed is you went from people I could respect to complete !@#$%bags.  That spirit of IAA that Twinn brought up is !@#$@#$ dead....MI6 killed it and its probably the most shameful thing I've seen come to pass on Bob. So iz I mad bro? You're goddamn right I am. Chim made a mockery out of what we in GATO thought was a great alliance....and for what? To play 5th fiddle (at best) to TOP, Polar, Umbrella, and IRON? If I had the juice in GATO and GATO had the juice in the world I'd wipe this travesty off the face of the planet for the very notion...and once upon a time Chim would've asked me to.

There comes a time when you start playing the game to win. Priorities change, as do personalities in some cases.

Not so sure about MI6 'hiding other larger skirts'. They're no Andromeda.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...what I've gathered here is, MI6 is good at poaching, maybe a few people are mad, and the rest are like "oh fucking well", and I'm sitting here wondering where my invite to MI6 is <3

No, I genuinely dislike the lot of you. All these things I say is actually what I know to be true of your pitiful excuse of an alliance. No acting, no giving a !@#$ who you think you are or what friends you think you have or what GATO's position in the world is. The people in your alliance used to be the independent type even if they didn't have much say in the world they stood up for things that actually meant something. Now? Well you sell out to hide under a few larger skirts and puff up and talk like you did something when really the only thing that has changed is you went from people I could respect to complete !@#$%bags.  That spirit of IAA that Twinn brought up is !@#$@#$ dead....MI6 killed it and its probably the most shameful thing I've seen come to pass on Bob. So iz I mad bro? You're goddamn right I am. Chim made a mockery out of what we in GATO thought was a great alliance....and for what? To play 5th fiddle (at best) to TOP, Polar, Umbrella, and IRON? If I had the juice in GATO and GATO had the juice in the world I'd wipe this travesty off the face of the planet for the very notion...and once upon a time Chim would've asked me to.

Honestly people change and I understand your position. You've lost a friend (in this case a spirit of an alliance) that chows to go on a separate path. It sucks and it's hard to part ways, but this is when you just need to find a new path yourself. From my perspective and reading on the boards for the past few months, you guys keep fighting for the side of the web that really doesn't like you. I hear more insults about GATO and co. From your side of the web and I hardly ever hear them from the side of the web you guys always fight. Maybe it's time to consider your friends and start looking for new ones. People change. Trust me, I've been friends with a lot of people in R&R since 2008. Just recently I've gotten into a few disagreements with a few of them and they mostly don't like me now. They've also are transitioning to the other side of the web slowly but surely.

Maybe it's time to change paths. I've always had a lot of respect for GATO despite you guys not really liking me :P. Trust me it sucks losing a few friends in an alliance you really care for, but you need to just move on rather than dwell on who they were before.

Well...what I've gathered here is, MI6 is good at poaching, maybe a few people are mad, and the rest are like "oh !@#$@#$ well", and I'm sitting here wondering where my invite to MI6 is <3

Join m- ...

Join GGA. Edited by Rotavele

sciencepirate rage

By myself I did more damage last war than a dozen alliances, in MI6 I was only 5th or 6th for total damage output(still highest ratio though, yolo). MI6 is made up of some of the most incredibly active and political aware people in this game, our alliance has a 70%+ activity rate on IRC, Daily. You don't like our politics? boo !@#$@#$ hoo. Talk whatever !@#$ you want, but MI6 is anything but pitiful, nor are we hanging onto anyone else's skirts, MI6 fought on some of the hardest fronts last war, and requested them, nor will we ever hide in Peace Mode like certain alliances I could mention. We are where we are through our own political skill, not through sheer dumb luck and hanging on like GATO did in C&G, do not pretend that you are part of some oh so grand alliance, GATO might be the oldest alliance, but you sold out those independent ideals a long, long time ago.

Well...what I've gathered here is, MI6 is good at poaching, maybe a few people are mad, and the rest are like "oh !@#$@#$ well", and I'm sitting here wondering where my invite to MI6 is <3

I'll vouch.

Edited by Mogar

IRON? We have very little to do with IRON so no clue what you talking about there. As for Polar, nope, don't see a treaty their either. So yeah, so far you are fairly clueless about MI6.

Now onto hiding behind others... Yeah, our inaugural war, we did some pretty heavy lifting for an alliance our size and kicked some major ass as well. We did not "hide" behind TOP when we went full in against NPO to try and prevent NPO from hitting TOP hard. We accomplished that goal. We got hit by TPF pretty damn hard and did almost all the lifting against TPF by our lonesome. So again, you are pretty clueless about MI6 in this aspect as well. 

Now onto TOP and Umb. They gave MI6 a chance. They have become great friends and allies to us. Just because we did not choose to ally GATO at our inception, hardly means we are no longer independent thinkers. If you think any of us has truly changed colors, you are again utterly clueless as to who MI6 is. I will admit, we have changed shades but I have known many of the members of MI6 a long ass time and I can tell you one thing about all of them, the biggest thing they wanted was to change Planet Bob. Guess what? That is the sole purpose of MI6. So again, you are completely clueless about MI6. 

So to sum things up, you are pissed off cuz you are totally clueless about MI6 and therefore have made up reasons you think exist (they only exist in your head) to hate MI6. 

Here is a quarter, call the waaambulance mate. Your posts are really amusing since you froth at the mouth like a rabid chipmunk. 

Your invite has always been imprinted on your heart mate. 

Honestly people change and I understand your position. You've lost a friend (in this case a spirit of an alliance) that chows to go on a separate path. It sucks and it's hard to part ways, but this is when you just need to find a new path yourself. From my perspective and reading on the boards for the past few months, you guys keep fighting for the side of the web that really doesn't like you. I hear more insults about GATO and co. From your side of the web and I hardly ever hear them from the side of the web you guys always fight. Maybe it's time to consider your friends and start looking for new ones. People change. Trust me, I've been friends with a lot of people in R&R since 2008. Just recently I've gotten into a few disagreements with a few of them and they mostly don't like me now. They've also are transitioning to the other side of the web slowly but surely.

Maybe it's time to change paths. I've always had a lot of respect for GATO despite you guys not really liking me :P. Trust me it sucks losing a few friends in an alliance you really care for, but you need to just move on rather than dwell on who they were before.

Join m- ...

Join GGA.

I could have cared less if Chim wasn't a !@#$%^& about going out to do his own thing.

By myself I did more damage last war than a dozen alliances, in MI6 I was only 5th or 6th for total damage output(still highest ratio though, yolo). MI6 is made up of some of the most incredibly active and political aware people in this game, our alliance has a 70%+ activity rate on IRC, Daily. You don't like our politics? boo !@#$@#$ hoo. Talk whatever !@#$ you want, but MI6 is anything but pitiful, nor are we hanging onto anyone else's skirts, MI6 fought on some of the hardest fronts last war, and requested them, nor will we ever hide in Peace Mode like certain alliances I could mention. We are where we are through our own political skill, not through sheer dumb luck and hanging on like GATO did in C&G, do not pretend that you are part of some oh so grand alliance, GATO might be the oldest alliance, but you sold out those independent ideals a long, long time ago.

Yeah check GATO's numbers from the last war IIRC we were top 5 in both given and received besides that I never said I was part of any "grand alliance". As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure I said we don't give enough of !@#$ to even keep our IRC chans registered........

Also, Pfft MI6 is actually one of the alliances your side could lose and not miss a beat. MI6 isn't worth much to anyone on their own and kissing ass is not political skill. 

IRON? We have very little to do with IRON so no clue what you talking about there. As for Polar, nope, don't see a treaty their either. So yeah, so far you are fairly clueless about MI6.

Now onto hiding behind others... Yeah, our inaugural war, we did some pretty heavy lifting for an alliance our size and kicked some major ass as well. We did not "hide" behind TOP when we went full in against NPO to try and prevent NPO from hitting TOP hard. We accomplished that goal. We got hit by TPF pretty damn hard and did almost all the lifting against TPF by our lonesome. So again, you are pretty clueless about MI6 in this aspect as well. 

Now onto TOP and Umb. They gave MI6 a chance. They have become great friends and allies to us. Just because we did not choose to ally GATO at our inception, hardly means we are no longer independent thinkers. If you think any of us has truly changed colors, you are again utterly clueless as to who MI6 is. I will admit, we have changed shades but I have known many of the members of MI6 a long ass time and I can tell you one thing about all of them, the biggest thing they wanted was to change Planet Bob. Guess what? That is the sole purpose of MI6. So again, you are completely clueless about MI6. 

So to sum things up, you are pissed off cuz you are totally clueless about MI6 and therefore have made up reasons you think exist (they only exist in your head) to hate MI6. 

Here is a quarter, call the waaambulance mate. Your posts are really amusing since you froth at the mouth like a rabid chipmunk.

Think globally dipstick. I went and looked and you may be about 8th or 9th best in your sphere depending on who counts MHA. Change planet Bob? Are you serious? By being a bunch of assclowns tied to bigger alliances.....a lot of alliances beat you to that. You're not even original They were also better at it. Complete failure at that one...may as well save yourselves the disappointment and disband now. I don't know if it's worse that you actually turned out to be that type of alliance or that you people actually believe it to be an endearing quality.......

You took on two whole alliances who were also outnumbered/not fighting 100%...... Hell even we had double digits. We were embarrassing 5 alliances on our own until the smart people on your side bailed them out. You're nothing special.

Edit>>Sorry forgot this one:

There comes a time when you start playing the game to win. Priorities change, as do personalities in some cases.

Not so sure about MI6 'hiding other larger skirts'. They're no Andromeda.

Do you know nothing? There is no winning in this world. Edited by magicninja

I could have cared less if Chim wasn't a !@#$%^& about going out to do his own thing.

I am sorry to see you guys friendship go and I hope you the best in the future. Not saying he did, but some people let power go to their heads. Some people just change in general. Whatever he has done, I hope you find what you are looking for and if you ever want to chat, feel free to hit me up.

Yeah check GATO's numbers from the last war IIRC we were top 5 in both given and received besides that I never said I was part of any "grand alliance". As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure I said we don't give enough of !@#$ to even keep our IRC chans registered........

Also, Pfft MI6 is actually one of the alliances your side could lose and not miss a beat. MI6 isn't worth much to anyone on their own and kissing ass is not political skill. 

Think globally dipstick. I went and looked and you may be about 8th or 9th best in your sphere depending on who counts MHA. Change planet Bob? Are you serious? By being a bunch of assclowns tied to bigger alliances.....a lot of alliances beat you to that. You're not even original They were also better at it. Complete failure at that one...may as well save yourselves the disappointment and disband now. I don't know if it's worse that you actually turned out to be that type of alliance or that you people actually believe it to be an endearing quality.......

You took on two whole alliances who were also outnumbered/not fighting 100%...... Hell even we had double digits. We were embarrassing 5 alliances on our own until the smart people on your side bailed them out. You're nothing special.

Edit>>Sorry forgot this one:

Do you know nothing? There is no winning in this world.

Wait what? NPO, TPF, NoR, and RnR... Yup, just two. Whew you got me there buddy. Also, TPF hit us and no one else. They got hit by HB/TSK iirc and TOP but mostly it was 1v1 between MI6 and TPF mate. And yeah, sorry if I don't trust you on your ability to judge what is a good alliance or not. Particularly since you are even remotely considering MHA.  

As for not fighting 100%, I would suggest you actually talk to NPO and TPF there... Seriously. I could get RnR with that argument but NPO and TPF fought their damndest while they warred. NoR was a periphery for MI6 and we hit them usually when we either had no slots on other alliances. But yeah, again you basically show how truly clueless you are about MI6. 

Tis kewl. I doubt you will ever change your mind and actually attempt to get to know us and frankly at this point, I don't really care if you even do attempt it. You are a never was who is attempting to be a has been. 

Pretty much just the IAA dregs you brought with you when IAA folded anyway....keep 'em. Garbage in....garbage out.

Also, lol to trying to recruit GATO members on IRC. That's hilarious. Do we even still own our channels? You may have only tried to recruit Max. (Which I'm for btw...) Also, not my alliance anymore but Kerschbs is always up for a good scrap against annoying little pissant hangers on.

Go on then. Get the dozen active members you have and make a move.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Wait what? NPO, TPF, NoR, and RnR... Yup, just two. Whew you got me there buddy. Also, TPF hit us and no one else. They got hit by HB/TSK iirc and TOP but mostly it was 1v1 between MI6 and TPF mate. And yeah, sorry if I don't trust you on your ability to judge what is a good alliance or not. Particularly since you are even remotely considering MHA.  

As for not fighting 100%, I would suggest you actually talk to NPO and TPF there... Seriously. I could get RnR with that argument but NPO and TPF fought their damndest while they warred. NoR was a periphery for MI6 and we hit them usually when we either had no slots on other alliances. But yeah, again you basically show how truly clueless you are about MI6. 

Tis kewl. I doubt you will ever change your mind and actually attempt to get to know us and frankly at this point, I don't really care if you even do attempt it. You are a never was who is attempting to be a has been.

You were the one that only named two to begin with. I didn't care to remember who you guys fought because well...your performance wasn't memorable.....and. I thought one of the biggest reasons to keep NPO at war was because they didn't fight hard enough or some such thing? TPF I can see fighting hard. They always do but it was not 1 v 1. RnR was way way late to the party. NoR was even more outnumbered than we were. I'm not convinced you did anything special. Sounds run of the mill for a winning side middling alliance to me. Do I recall you guys were getting beaten up (or at least not doing well for a winning side alliance) until some other people piled on? Why do I remember something like that.... Don't care to research it but I'm sure I remember you being laughed at.

Neverwas attempting to be a has been? You're placing even more importance on me than I do. MI6 is just an easy target for me when I remember I still have a nation. At best I'm some guy that used to be GATO gov......years ago. The only thing I have going for me is being right.

You were the one that only named two to begin with. I didn't care to remember who you guys fought because well...your performance wasn't memorable.....and. I thought one of the biggest reasons to keep NPO at war was because they didn't fight hard enough or some such thing? TPF I can see fighting hard. They always do but it was not 1 v 1. RnR was way way late to the party. NoR was even more outnumbered than we were. I'm not convinced you did anything special. Sounds run of the mill for a winning side middling alliance to me. Do I recall you guys were getting beaten up (or at least not doing well for a winning side alliance) until some other people piled on? Why do I remember something like that.... Don't care to research it but I'm sure I remember you being laughed at.

Neverwas attempting to be a has been? You're placing even more importance on me than I do. MI6 is just an easy target for me when I remember I still have a nation. At best I'm some guy that used to be GATO gov......years ago. The only thing I have going for me is being right.

Well, usually when you try to talk smack about something, you usually have this pesky little thing called facts to back your shittalk up. You don't. As for NPO, I never cared what reason there was for keeping them at war. I don't usually care much about reasons for war to begin with as I simply like to war. There are only a handful of reasons given that I have actually given two shits about. 

As for us not doing well, yeah your memory is rather shoddy then. IIRC TOP, Umbrella, Sparta, and Polar did better than us on our side. That was it. And yup, keep thinking you are right, it is cute how delusional you truly are.

Sure you can.

Can you stop white knighting and let them have their discussion? Or at least pull a non biased balanced approach. I can't stand seeing people jump in and white knighting so much. It's like seeing people get jumped, it's just not cool. Edited by Rotavele

Sure you can.

Naw your right...I don't even remember the last time I logged in to say anything of importance on our forums. Last year maybe.....Though I could easily reach everyone I doubt any one of them would listen to me these days. I'd need 3-4 months.

This isn't about violence anyway. It's more about pointing out to MI6 how stupid they look. They are almost a poor man's GOONs....except GOONs actually had some juice in their day. They have that same "we can act like asshats and kings of the world because we have a few big friends." shine on them. They have all the symptoms. Constant threads about dumb !@#$ they do. Delusions of grandeur. Loudmouths and morons proliferating the forum. At least GOONs was always like that. Do you remember IAA? These clowns are at best pretending and at worse....on narcotics.

Can you stop white knighting and let them have their discussion? Or at least pull a non biased balanced approach. I can't stand seeing people jump in and white knighting so much. It's like seeing people get jumped, it's just not cool.

It's alright he's proving my point.

Well, usually when you try to talk smack about something, you usually have this pesky little thing called facts to back your !@#$talk up. You don't. As for NPO, I never cared what reason there was for keeping them at war. I don't usually care much about reasons for war to begin with as I simply like to war. There are only a handful of reasons given that I have actually given two !@#$% about. 

As for us not doing well, yeah your memory is rather shoddy then. IIRC TOP, Umbrella, Sparta, and Polar did better than us on our side. That was it. And yup, keep thinking you are right, it is cute how delusional you truly are.

Oh so now you don't remember that NPO was berated for keeping their large nations in PM? You're right...facts are pesky aren't they? I said you didn't do well in the beginning when it was a more evenly matched fight. Yes you won in the end but I recall you guys were catching heat for not doing well there for a few weeks. I may just be old. Hey we were fighting three of those alliances that did better than you though I'd probably put Legion in there too. They had a better start. So we took on 3 of your top 5 alliances...along 12-15 other alliances and still finished top 5 in damage given and received.... I guess we did better than even you did on the winning side.... I love being right. Edited by magicninja

Naw your right...I don't even remember the last time I logged in to say anything of importance on our forums. Last year maybe.....Though I could easily reach everyone I doubt any one of them would listen to me these days. I'd need 3-4 months.

This isn't about violence anyway. It's more about pointing out to MI6 how stupid they look. They are almost a poor man's GOONs....except GOONs actually had some juice in their day. They have that same "we can act like asshats and kings of the world because we have a few big friends." shine on them. They have all the symptoms. Constant threads about dumb !@#$ they do. Delusions of grandeur. Loudmouths and morons proliferating the forum. At least GOONs was always like that. Do you remember IAA? These clowns are at best pretending and at worse....on narcotics.

Relax, MI6 is lovely terrible this time of year... Damn spies. 

All I remember is that absolutely no one did better than us on either side. iirc TOP was the only one who was close. For such an active alliance with a well concentrated NS range of nations you should have done much better. Your staggers and target choices were extremely sloppy, its like you decided to just tell your members to declare on anyone in range rather than having any sort of strategy at all. I mean it's commendable that you guys do have a membership that is willing to declare/doesn't care about pixels considering how many other alliances (C&G especially last war) are full of members who ignore orders to go to war, but you could be so much better.

As for OP, I don't think the recruiting is bad, I think the constant harassment after a 'no' is. You guys have no concept of when a joke is dead and clearly have no communication because you will sit there and have 6 different people. Yes I might have humored you the first ten times but it got old 4-5 monthes ago and you still do it every. single. day.

In a nutshell I feel you have the extremely annoying/do-what-i-want member-base of MK without the competent leadership and/or any direction. I honestly don't think you could reel in your membership if you wanted to. 

In a nutshell I feel you have the extremely annoying/do-what-i-want member-base of MK without the competent leadership and/or any direction. I honestly don't think you could reel in your membership if you wanted to. 

That's what I was thinking, like so the real strength of MI6 is in their allies.