A note on MI6 recruitment tactics.

smurthwaite

I like these two responses. Because you try to insult polar but without polar, you'd be dead.

No it's not anything against, you just being fair. If TOP didn't have treaties, MI6 would be destroyed. Sad to say but unfortunately true. I like MI6 if you subtract IYIyth.

By whom?  I am interested in who hates us but is too cowardly to do anything.

MI6 is not only allied to TOP, you know.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like these two responses. Because you try to insult polar but without polar, you'd be dead.

No it's not anything against, you just being fair. If TOP didn't have treaties, MI6 would be destroyed. Sad to say but unfortunately true. I like MI6 if you subtract IYIyth.

Rota you misunderstand. No one is insulting Polaris, MI6 has a great relationship with Polaris as a whole. Plus plenty of strong personal relationships.

Polar told us to "Join Polar" when we told them to "Join MI6" it was a good time. That is what is being referred to.

Except I didn't and your reading comprehension ability is the only thing worth insulting.

The remark about getting along with Polar because they could give it back  was just the opposite, a compliment. 

Edited by IYIyTh

Every time I enter #MI6 hordes of secret agent poachers with British accents attempt to poach me. 

MI6...please stop attempting to poach from the hand that protects you :P

On a serious note though, poach these micros till there is nothing left. Save the members of these micros from the sheer boredom that is associated with being in an alliance that at most only ever has 3 people active.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

You know damn well NG and NSO would jump at the chance to hit MI6. Remember when the gov "made a mistake" when I joined and I attacked you. You were in my range and I was the only one online during the drill that could hit you.

The top level gov was the only one who knew it was a drill until we all saw the links were broken but you were my only target.

Rota you misunderstand. No one is insulting Polaris, MI6 has a great relationship with Polaris as a whole. Plus plenty of strong personal relationships.

Polar told us to "Join Polar" when we told them to "Join MI6" it was a good time. That is what is being referred to.

Except I didn't and your reading comprehension ability is the only thing worth insulting.

The remark about getting along with Polar because they could give it back  was just the opposite, a compliment.

Oh ok my bad. IYIyth is still horrible though. Edited by Rotavele

On a serious note though, poach these micros till there is nothing left. Save the members of these micros from the sheer boredom that is associated with being in an alliance that at most only ever has 3 people active.

I think micros may be the only thing left that make this game interesting -- we're like an improv group, while the rest of Bob just seems to follow a script.  Have you already decided on the next global war, and the sides you will take?  Hell, if you'd have told me I'd be fighting Kashmir a couple days before it happened, I would have been surprised.  I loved that far more than I did knowing in six moths I'd be lining up against AA X, in support of AA Y, whom I'd fought before.  Apples and Oranges, I guess -- some like the NFL, others like NCAA.  You want to face the flexbone, the spread, the spread option, the wishbone, the run and shoot and the air raid?  Join a micro. You want a buttload of 2-back pro set?  Join someone big. Neither is really wrong -- I'd just rather fight 100 Kaskus-SL Wars than one more Dave War.  Everyones mileage varies, I suppose.

I honestly dont see anything wrong with "poaching," alliance members are not property, they are free to make their own choices.

This -- if any members of my alliance are interested in joining another alliance, I would hope they would do so.  Like Mrs. Walsh the Beloved, I wouldn't want them hanging out with me if they thought they'd be happier elsewhere.  In my opinion, poach Mrs. Walsh or Smurth all day if you think you've got a better product.  We don't recruit much at SRA -- the product sells itself.  Not to everyone -- we have what, 20 odd members? But the 20 I've got seem to like it here. If they'd rather join MI6, I'm happy to let them -- I'm not out for the Sanction Race award. I just think if they wanted to be somewhere else, they'd be there.

That said, like with Mrs. Walsh the Beloved, if your efforts at wooing are continually rebuffed, perhaps the honorable and less needy thing to do would be to stop the wooing before it becomes harassment.  Don't be the pathetic guy who can't take no for an answer.  If you're really that handsome and well endowed, SOMEone will want you.  You can flaunt her on your arm, and we'll all be jealous later.  Maybe Smuth lets it go, and everyone else stops their drunken 2:00 am texts.

I guess I'm tired of the ceaseless BS.  No means No.

Apparently I am inadequate because you people don't understand the word no.  Don't be dense.

I can't resist your charm.  I would poach you anytime I could :v: .  I love all NPL and former NPL types.

This -- if any members of my alliance are interested in joining another alliance, I would hope they would do so.  Like Mrs. Walsh the Beloved, I wouldn't want them hanging out with me if they thought they'd be happier elsewhere.  In my opinion, poach Mrs. Walsh or Smurth all day if you think you've got a better product.  We don't recruit much at SRA -- the product sells itself.  Not to everyone -- we have what, 20 odd members? But the 20 I've got seem to like it here. If they'd rather join MI6, I'm happy to let them -- I'm not out for the Sanction Race award. I just think if they wanted to be somewhere else, they'd be there.

That said, like with Mrs. Walsh the Beloved, if your efforts at wooing are continually rebuffed, perhaps the honorable and less needy thing to do would be to stop the wooing before it becomes harassment.  Don't be the pathetic guy who can't take no for an answer.  If you're really that handsome and well endowed, SOMEone will want you.  You can flaunt her on your arm, and we'll all be jealous later.  Maybe Smuth lets it go, and everyone else stops their drunken 2:00 am texts.

Or you could all join MI6

Choice is yours. No one's holding a gun to your head.

(Put it down Spock!)

I think micros may be the only thing left that make this game interesting -- we're like an improv group, while the rest of Bob just seems to follow a script.  Have you already decided on the next global war, and the sides you will take?  Hell, if you'd have told me I'd be fighting Kashmir a couple days before it happened, I would have been surprised.  I loved that far more than I did knowing in six moths I'd be lining up against AA X, in support of AA Y, whom I'd fought before.  Apples and Oranges, I guess -- some like the NFL, others like NCAA.  You want to face the flexbone, the spread, the spread option, the wishbone, the run and shoot and the air raid?  Join a micro. You want a buttload of 2-back pro set?  Join someone big. Neither is really wrong -- I'd just rather fight 100 Kaskus-SL Wars than one more Dave War.  Everyones mileage varies, I suppose.

Pretty much this, I'm having so much fun at Lavender Town, I mean who wouldn't?

Every time I enter #MI6 hordes of secret agent poachers with British accents attempt to poach me. 

MI6...please stop attempting to poach from the hand that protects you :P

I'm tempted to send out actual no-joke recruitment messages and see how long it takes for them to get back to their leadership to send a strongly worded message to our leaders to cease and desist immediately "or else they'll be upset it if happens again."

I'm tempted to send out actual no-joke recruitment messages and see how long it takes for them to get back to their leadership to send a strongly worded message to our leaders to cease and desist immediately "or else they'll be upset it if happens again."

Do it. TOP will protect you :P

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Sax just wants to live in a world where it's noble to drag around 30-40 plus non-active dead weight and pretending some sort of charade where an alliance has as many competent members as treaties. This is, as opposed to binding to a community and seeing what happens when players of like skill, ability, and activity come together to form an alliance that has attainable goals other than simply existing.

it's not his fault, i once lived in that world too. it's a lesson we all have to learn one way or the other, sooner or later.

Nothing inherently wrong with one or the other so long as you recognize that you're making a conscious choice --,but from experience I know which I'd rather choose.

I would much rather make something out of nothing. I feel that NSF is where I want to be. And just because an alliance doesn't have an active community, does not mean that its a bad alliance, and one last thing, I know you were a member of NSF at one point, but seriously, when was the last time you looked at us, we are more active than you would expect.

I would much rather make something out of nothing. I feel that NSF is where I want to be. And just because an alliance doesn't have an active community, does not mean that its a bad alliance, and one last thing, I know you were a member of NSF at one point, but seriously, when was the last time you looked at us, we are more active than you would expect.

That's exactly what it means.