A note on MI6 recruitment tactics.

smurthwaite

You can say what you want but in the end, actions speak louder than words. You saying hi to Gibs every once in a while is not a direct line of communication between our alliances.

Y'all let the inmates run the asylum over there and destroy any potential goodwill that could've been. I don't think you trying to create some sort of epiphany on the OWF is going to change that dynamic anytime soon. Gibs and I both came to your boards and y'all pretended like you were an alliance of magicninja's.

Your government unprofessionally complained about two or three members having lighthearted fun at your reactionary members expense and in return decided to threaten this that and the stars over nothing -- and ruined any desire from quite a few of us who had the ability (and desire, even,) to normalize relations. The amount of acrimony over essentially nothing is really nothing I've never seen in all of my time in CN, and I've been around the block.

That's why I'm going to dismiss your bluster here as more of the same. The only person who ever made any attempt at talking to us from your band was Dream, and he has long since moved on. Darth tried for a bit, but I can imagine why he stopped when it was made apparent by you and yours that it wasn't in the cards for ya.

Y'all wanted a hostile relationship, so don't get upset and pretend it's suddenly a problem when you get what you wanted.

If you're serious about trying to solve anything, probably best to make more of an effort then a random OWF post when one of your members spouts off like a teapot. 

Otherwise, maybe you'll just have to hope magicninja's prediction of our failing micro never amounting to anything comes true. Better hope it happens soon, because I'm pretty sure we're about to pass y'all in tech and score soon, and I wouldn't want magicninja to think GATO has become a micro.

I don't understand the point of this conversation, you're tearing down GATO, and GATO apologizes, I assume you like to do this, or you have something against GATO, because in all honesty, it's pointless to tear someone down with simple words, it just shows that you like to point out other people's mistakes, I'm sure you have made some mistakes in the past. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person who ever made any attempt at talking to us from your band was Dream, and he has long since moved on. Darth tried for a bit, but I can imagine why he stopped when it was made apparent by you and yours that it wasn't in the cards for ya.

Where did he ever end up, exactly?

Yes, That would be evident by the fact he is still there and was elected M at one point or something.

You come off awfully jealous of Myth. Sucks to suck, I guess.

I don't understand the point of this conversation, you're tearing down GATO, and GATO apologizes, I assume you like to do this, or you have something against GATO, because in all honesty, it's pointless to tear someone down with simple words, it just shows that you like to point out other people's mistakes, I'm sure you have made some mistakes in the past.

It's a long story..

photo-41151.png?_r=1349327203

Edited by Gibsonator21

Face it, y'all don't want any of this. If we wanted to actually provoke you, you would know it by the litany of Declarations of War upon your alliance and massive strength loss, not some windbagging and buttblowing like I've seen here. Feel free to jump in front of the choo choo train.

comic.jpg

Sax just wants to live in a world where it's noble to drag around 30-40 plus non-active dead weight and pretending some sort of charade where an alliance has as many competent members as treaties. This is, as opposed to binding to a community and seeing what happens when players of like skill, ability, and activity come together to form an alliance that has attainable goals other than simply existing.

So far, despite ~2 years of high rhetoric and promises, MI6's most edgy moves have been secret treaties and poaching. Welcome to 2008.

So far, despite ~2 years of high rhetoric and promises, MI6's most edgy moves have been secret treaties and poaching. Welcome to 2008.

Juuust over one year. We've established ourselves as one of the most active communities in the game; we've performed well in war; we're growing at a very solid rate. We're still improving, and looking for more ways to continue improving. I don't care what anyone else thinks of us; this past year has been the best time in my CN career. If that's not a win, I don't know what is.

Edited by Gibsonator21

You do realize if you left MI6, it would boost recruitment by ~1000 percent. MI6 might even pass IRON in numbers. It's not that people don't like MI6, it's a person in it.

No it wouldn't and MI6 would be a much shittier place without Myth. Your preconceived notions are quite off.

Don't be such a teapot Myth. I never said we wanted to be friends, I said we never wished bad things upon you, wanted to do you harm, or work against you. 

Sax, don't mind them. There is a decent amount of bad blood between our two alliances and like Gibs said it's a long story. 

I'd like to see a GATO-MI6 1v1

No it wouldn't and MI6 would be a much !@#$tier place without Myth. Your preconceived notions are quite off.

Damn, This is a first. Never heard James_Maximus take an unpopular position.

Edited by Rotavele

I'd like to see a GATO-MI6 1v1

Damn, This is a first. Never heard James_Maximus take an unpopular position.

MI6 vs GATO 1v1 would be hilarious.

And if this is the first time you've seen/heard of me taking an unpopular position you haven't been paying attention.

I don't care what anyone else thinks of us; this past year has been the best time in my CN career. If that's not a win, I don't know what is.

That is the only win that matters.  Every CN'er would hope to say the same.  Congrats.

comic.jpg

Moralist!  I('m not sure if it's true, or even if it applies here, but it seems like it needs to be said every so often, if only so you can deny it.)

In the same vein -- S'up GOD?

M16 should allow themselves to be absorbed by the Limitless Nexus, it would be a fulfilling experience for all of them to see what its like to be poached and then rise above to become aware of true knowledge in CN.

Methrage, NE is over here. Just waiting on you and we have Mogar/IYIyTh/Methrage and Nobody Expects forming "the bash bro's," of AI's past waiting on you and a few more holdouts. Miss ya bud ;)

Perhaps turn off your treaty blinders for one second future MI6 member.

;) You know we'd poach him if we could Walsh (Let's merge into a new alliance, called MI6. It'll be great.)

Juuust over one year. We've established ourselves as one of the most active communities in the game; we've performed well in war; we're growing at a very solid rate. We're still improving, and looking for more ways to continue improving. I don't care what anyone else thinks of us; this past year has been the best time in my CN career. If that's not a win, I don't know what is.

Be careful Gibs, all of those accomplishments and only having been on the planet one year? Bowling over long-since established alliances and objectively with a premier fighting force matched only in a select few alliances left on this planet? Receives a crapload of acrimony for sheerly existing and continually suggested to be an also ran despite still growing? 

Schatt, all we're missing is the voice of justitia. We've got your boi xoin over here, just need you to sign on the dotted line. TIA.

You do realize if you left MI6, it would boost recruitment by ~1000 percent. MI6 might even pass IRON in numbers. It's not that people don't like MI6, it's a person in it.

Yeah, all of the Rotavele's of the world would just be flooding the gates if I left. What a shame that's not going to happen.

Don't be such a teapot Myth. I never said we wanted to be friends, I said we never wished bad things upon you, wanted to do you harm, or work against you. 

Sax, don't mind them. There is a decent amount of bad blood between our two alliances and like Gibs said it's a long story. 

Are you going to deny your government asked TSK, formerly House Baratheon to cancel their treaty with MI6 in pursuit of better relations with GATO?

Maybe you're just unaware all of exactly all of the shit you've been up to, which wouldn't surprise me at this point.

As far as I'm concerned you made very clear what you want out of a relationship with MI6 and frankly I really hope you get what you want.

Methrage, NE is over here. Just waiting on you and we have Mogar/IYIyTh/Methrage and Nobody Expects forming "the bash bro's," of AI's past waiting on you and a few more holdouts. Miss ya bud ;)

Perhaps turn off your treaty blinders for one second future MI6 member.

;) You know we'd poach him if we could Walsh (Let's merge into a new alliance, called MI6. It'll be great.)

Be careful Gibs, all of those accomplishments and only having been on the planet one year? Bowling over long-since established alliances and objectively with a premier fighting force matched only in a select few alliances left on this planet? Receives a crapload of acrimony for sheerly existing and continually suggested to be an also ran despite still growing? 

Schatt, all we're missing is the voice of justitia. We've got your boi xoin over here, just need you to sign on the dotted line. TIA.

Yeah, all of the Rotavele's of the world would just be flooding the gates if I left. What a shame that's not going to happen.

Are you going to deny your government asked TSK, formerly House Baratheon to cancel their treaty with MI6 in pursuit of better relations with GATO?

Maybe you're just unaware all of exactly all of the !@#$ you've been up to, which wouldn't surprise me at this point.

As far as I'm concerned you made very clear what you want out of a relationship with MI6 and frankly I really hope you get what you want.

I certainly hope they didn't, I've been trying to get that treaty canceled since they were still HB and as far as I am concerned you can have them.

Regarding that last line, you can leap if you feel froggy but I doubt anything happens. If so, make sure Kevlar grabs one of my slots please.

I certainly hope they didn't, I've been trying to get that treaty canceled since they were still HB and as far as I am concerned you can have them.

Regarding that last line, you can leap if you feel froggy but I doubt anything happens. If so, make sure Kevlar grabs one of my slots please.

Wish you would've followed through on your words and just hit us last war because I do still like a few of you over there (even you Kersch, don't know what I ever did to "annoy," you, but let me know and I'll try to keep it up ;) )and it would've been nice to get it out of our system.

Just don't come out here and say that you haven't been trying to do harm to MI6 or "work against us." It's simply untrue. 

While you can continue trashing the alliance who stood beside your alliance so long, TSK have proven loyal allies and I have nothing but the best to say of them. They're not perfect but no one is (except MI6.)

I have dibs on one of Kerschb's other slots.

I hate when people say stuff like this joking around or not.

There's too many infra huggers in this world. If you don't like someone and feel the need to war them, do it. Fuck your infra/tech. I do. I enjoy the community, not the infra. [OOC] They're just pixels [/OOC]

If you dont want to leave your alliance, leave and come back afterwards. [OOC] Seriously, they're just pixels [/OOC]

I hate when people say stuff like this joking around or not.

There's too many infra huggers in this world. If you don't like someone and feel the need to war them, do it. $%&@ your infra/tech. I do. I enjoy the community, not the infra. [OOC] They're just pixels [/OOC]

If you dont want to leave your alliance, leave and come back afterwards. [OOC] Seriously, they're just pixels [/OOC]

QfY69Fw.gif

Just wait till we go to war with GOONS as a way to move into black-team politics, now that'll welcome us back to 2008 (and get us on the far superior team) :wub:

I would say rota is common ground for basically everyone.

Or maybe you guys are fighting over stupid shit and have a lot more in common then you think.

QfY69Fw.gif

I didn't think you'd have a come back on that one. Edited by Rotavele

People need to remember that they are nation leaders not highschoolers.

As to people talking about HB, I was Hand at the time and barely even remember that whole shenanigans, other than it being rather unimportant.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Wish you would've followed through on your words and just hit us last war because I do still like a few of you over there (even you Kersch, don't know what I ever did to "annoy," you, but let me know and I'll try to keep it up ;) )and it would've been nice to get it out of our system.

Just don't come out here and say that you haven't been trying to do harm to MI6 or "work against us." It's simply untrue. 

While you can continue trashing the alliance who stood beside your alliance so long, TSK have proven loyal allies and I have nothing but the best to say of them. They're not perfect but no one is (except MI6.)

Well they prove loyal for a time..... If we did make that proposition to them I'm proud of my gov. It was only right at this juncture. Unsurprising they decided to be the lapdog of a lapdog on the "more powerful" side. Hell, their theme is GoT ffs. Kinda gives away the fact that they don't really care about individual relationships as much as just being on the winning team. Surely, a smart guy like you has that figured out though.