A note on MI6 recruitment tactics.

smurthwaite

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus just somebody roll MI6 already, they're !@#$@#$ terrible and offer nothing to cybernations at all. They cant fight for nothing either, they're worthless. 

Send me another recruiting messaging, and I'm raiding Chauncey. $%&@ you MI6

Those of us in MI6 abhor all violence, silly. We prefer to solve disputes in more sensible and civilized fashions, like big smiles, laced-hand holding, and earlobe nibbling (sometimes even foot tickles on more grave occassions).

These are things you'd understand if you joined MI6. Plus, who would ever want to raid me?

Ive found it is actually easier to maintain discipline in slightly less active alliances because you dont have so many personalities and egos getting in the way.

I dont think you understand MI6. (I know this post wasnt directed towards us but meh)

We come from all over Bob and even with the great number of egos/personalities we are still united as ever. Orders come in, favors get asked, and things get done.

I wonder what I would do if some !@#$%* alliance was poaching my members....anyone remember Outer Heaven? Didn't think so.

Not to say that MI6 is !@#$%* or anything....wait...that's the only reason I posted. Carry on.

Shut the fuck up. You're useless and have been. You tried to talk shit to us before the war and then wouldn't back it up despite us goading you multiple times. You're a coward who responds with the big talk, because you can't stand your ground.

I think micros may be the only thing left that make this game interesting -- we're like an improv group, while the rest of Bob just seems to follow a script.  Have you already decided on the next global war, and the sides you will take?  Hell, if you'd have told me I'd be fighting Kashmir a couple days before it happened, I would have been surprised.  I loved that far more than I did knowing in six moths I'd be lining up against AA X, in support of AA Y, whom I'd fought before.  Apples and Oranges, I guess -- some like the NFL, others like NCAA.  You want to face the flexbone, the spread, the spread option, the wishbone, the run and shoot and the air raid?  Join a micro. You want a buttload of 2-back pro set?  Join someone big. Neither is really wrong -- I'd just rather fight 100 Kaskus-SL Wars than one more Dave War.  Everyones mileage varies, I suppose.

You're more of a 2 star recruit who got a scholarship because our HC worked with your HC. You're hardly being innovative or interesting. Just a side item that people will forget in a few years.

I would much rather make something out of nothing. I feel that NSF is where I want to be. And just because an alliance doesn't have an active community, does not mean that its a bad alliance, and one last thing, I know you were a member of NSF at one point, but seriously, when was the last time you looked at us, we are more active than you would expect.

You're right. When your alliance doesn't have an active community it's no longer an alliance. You're just a group of wanderers who don't like change. 

Well...what I've gathered here is, MI6 is good at poaching, maybe a few people are mad, and the rest are like "oh !@#$@#$ well", and I'm sitting here wondering where my invite to MI6 is <3

You know where home is. We don't need to point you in that direction.

I dont think you understand MI6. (I know this post wasnt directed towards us but meh)

We come from all over Bob and even with the great number of egos/personalities we are still united as ever. Orders come in, favors get asked, and things get done.

There usually aren't a great many courses to take within traditional Bob society, though. When the time comes to make a controversial decision, I can see how having a small group of very active people to encourage a less-active group could help things go smoothly. Being active means you can develop your own personal view of the world; whereas being less active, you might be more inclined to take the word of active people.

It's possible my statement does not apply to MI6, due to either the loyalty factor or similar personalities - I'm just supporting the general thesis. :P

You're right. When your alliance doesn't have an active community it's no longer an alliance. You're just a group of wanderers who don't like change. 

Whoa, whoa. Hold on a minute. Don't like change? What's that supposed to mean?

2 AA didn't jump in to help you with TPF? Just saying. Not saying MI6 didn't fight well you guys had a good punch just fixing a few things

Apparently MI6 fought TPF alone -_-

Edited by Rotavele

There usually aren't a great many courses to take within traditional Bob society, though. When the time comes to make a controversial decision, I can see how having a small group of very active people to encourage a less-active group could help things go smoothly. Being active means you can develop your own personal view of the world; whereas being less active, you might be more inclined to take the word of active people.

It's possible my statement does not apply to MI6, due to either the loyalty factor or similar personalities - I'm just supporting the general thesis. :P

Well, we aren't a small group of active people. Almost everybody is active and everyone has their own opinion. Some people hate alliance A while I might love alliance A but when push comes to shove, my nukes will make craters of alliance A's nations. We all have our own way but together we are one mind moving towards the same thing.

2 AA didn't jump in to help you with TPF? Just saying. Not saying MI6 didn't fight well you guys had a good punch just fixing a few things

MI6 -> The Phoenix Federation

Received: 215,280.87

Dealt: 369,582.73

Wars Declared: 53

Multicolored Cross-X Alliance -> The Phoenix Federation

Received: 970,065.36

Dealt: 1,236,325.19

Wars Declared: 240

North Atlantic Defense Coalition -> The Phoenix Federation

Received: 261,823.11

Dealt: 381,608.34

Wars Declared: 86

Grand Global Alliance -> The Phoenix Federation

Received: 28,207.36

Dealt: 73,538.72

Wars Declared: 4

League of Small Superpowers -> The Phoenix Federation

Received: 171,674.98

Dealt: 183,012.34

Wars Declared: 64

Dear MI6, Thank you for saving NADC, GGA, LoSS, and MCXA!

PS @ this topic in general why do you associate with people if you feel they're literally harassing you

He doesn't associate with them. They go out of their way to query him. He isn't even in MI6s channel anymore and hasn't been for some time.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

That's relevant.

Wow, you must be rocket scientist to come to that conclusion. Regardless considering your enjoyment over mercy board type terms, I think you would know a little bit about what might force someone into associating with people who they feel are harassing them.

Wow, you must be rocket scientist to come to that conclusion. Regardless considering your enjoyment over mercy board type terms, I think you would know a little bit about what might force someone into associating with people who they feel are harassing them.

Mercy board is voluntary. Mercy board doesn't just happen because people are harassing you.

Mercy board is voluntary. Mercy board doesn't just happen because people are harassing you.

Mercy board is voluntary, just like quitting is voluntary. Mercy board is generally what happens when someone who gets off the wrong way decides to force someone into quitting unless they allow themselves to be harassed.

Someone might have reasons they want to stick around despite harassment from some, but other players don't disappear just because someone would rather they did.

Edited by Methrage

This thread is embarrassing in so many different ways, for so many different parties. I'll try and address the important parts in one post:

-- OP, shame on you for creating this thread.

- No one should care about poaching, it's a common practice in CN and has been going on for years. I've never held it against anyone who wants to be in an alliance for whatever reason.

- Magicninja is not GATO gov, has not been GATO gov for sometime, and does not represent a majority position of the GATO General Assembly. Some members don't like MI6, most are indifferent to the general going ons in that particular alliance.

-Shame on most of you for responding to Magic seriously. Most of you should know better. You know he gets his jollies off getting you all rustled up.

-Officially (since I happen to be the GATO AC) we hold no ill will towards MI6 and I'm generally annoyed that I have to respond to this.

-Personally (non government position) some of my favorite rulers reside in MI6 and as always, I wish them the best. (Except for Kevlar, your day is coming before the end.) Some of the others I don't like so much, but I think that generally applies to most of the alliances around at this point anyway.

To the general ill will and degrading talk directed at my alliance: your criticism is duly noted and not really cared about. People addressing our community, morales, actions, etc generally have no understanding of what actually goes on in our alliance. I'm perfectly happy with our place in the world and don't believe I could have a better set of allies and friends. I'm proud to be in the alliance I'm in. Does it have it's flaws? Of course, but so do the rest of you. 

That's all your getting, take it or leave it.