By the way you can upload your own alliance flag

Ogaden

Oh man, sweet. Not only does your uploaded flag show up on your alliance page, but it also becomes an option for individual nations to use, as well. I don't know if it's only nations in your alliance that can choose it, though, or if it becomes an option for everyone.

Now all the less than 20 member alliances go recruit people from outside the game to join so that you can have a flag go go go go.

o/ recruiting drive

But now you have to think of something new that sets sanctioned alliances apart from the rest :P

Sanctioned alliances gain a death star wonder o.o

But seriously I'm loving this :D. One thing that did annoy me though was that in order to do a quick update to the alliance page, you need to also fill out the alliance info aswell. A bit annoying considering only had a few min to try and upload flag and change joining methods but I'll just fix it tonight

Sanctioned alliances gain a death star wonder o.o

But seriously I'm loving this :D. One thing that did annoy me though was that in order to do a quick update to the alliance page, you need to also fill out the alliance info aswell. A bit annoying considering only had a few min to try and upload flag and change joining methods but I'll just fix it tonight

LennoxDSSig2.png

There can be only one lol .. (I don't have any other screenies anymore other than the sig edit I made for him)

I agree the compression is terrible, also the forced 15:8 is a bit weird for flags

Aye - the script changes all uploads to a jpg file ..

I've gone as far as reducing my image to a jpg 60-80% and they still come out with artifacts.

o/ recruiting drive

But now you have to think of something new that sets sanctioned alliances apart from the rest :P

I always thought sanctioned alliances could have actual in-game bonuses (ie +1 happiness to all nations). Something relatively small but still gives them a slight bonus. 

Ardus, most of the alliances that needed a flag got a flag somehow either last round or a few rounds before. The flag run in TE is more or less highly corrupt anyways, so maybe its passing isn't really a bad thing.

Except that there are no alliances with less than 20 members that really matter or care enough about the game to recruit to get a flag.

What pisses me off more is that 80% of the new flags I see with self-uploaded flags just look plain awful. Not an awful lot of thought was spent to utilize the alliance flag feature.

Ardus, most of the alliances that needed a flag got a flag somehow either last round or a few rounds before. The flag run in TE is more or less highly corrupt anyways, so maybe its passing isn't really a bad thing.

Except that there are no alliances with less than 20 members that really matter or care enough about the game to recruit to get a flag.

What pisses me off more is that 80% of the new flags I see with self-uploaded flags just look plain awful. Not an awful lot of thought was spent to utilize the alliance flag feature.

Are you talking about flags "in-game" or ones that are available only to members of x alliance? Because the latter is discussed above. I'm sure admin is working on that...

Edited by Letterkenny

I always thought sanctioned alliances could have actual in-game bonuses (ie +1 happiness to all nations). Something relatively small but still gives them a slight bonus. 

That would encourage fake merges and ghosting to take advantage of an ally's sanction status.

That would encourage fake merges and ghosting to take advantage of an ally's sanction status.

Tbh, I think that would be a good thing. Fake mergers would probably lead to proper mergers and therefore larger and more active alliances.