IRON Announcement

Oh yes it'll hurt them, but everyone around here complains of no one standing up for themselves and then when people do stand up for themselves we get this bullshit. Why is it hard for people to understand that if alliance A dislikes the way alliance B is going they can cancel. The same arguments were thrown at several alliances, most recently Argent. This may seem like a shock, but this is how FA works.

The peanut gallery needs to grab a tampon and quit pmsing. I get you personally have an axe to grind with them, but you can't fault them on the pure principle of the situation.

I like the way you move.

Seriously this isn't a groundbreaking announcement, the OP wasn't filled with controversial stuff (for the most part), and both parties seem rather content with the outcome. Move forward.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way you move.

Seriously this isn't a groundbreaking announcement, the OP wasn't filled with controversial stuff (for the most part), and both parties seem rather content with the outcome. Move forward.

This man speaks sense. The posturing from some alliances in here is ridiculous, NPO remaining a class act as always though.  :wub:

If you have no judgement, why not just say "we wanted NPO to suicide and they wouldn't"? The way you phrased it makes you sound petty and overly self-indulged.

We should just end the thread here, it's so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Edited by Alex987

If you have no judgement, why not just say "we wanted NPO to suicide and they wouldn't"? The way you phrased it makes you sound petty and overly self-indulged.

A GOON accuses someone of being petty and self-indulgent. It's not like you guys declare wars you lose over 18 mil or anything. That's not petty at all!!!!!

We should just end the thread here, it's so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Yeah, ok.

A GOON accuses someone of being petty and self-indulgent. It's not like you guys declare wars you lose over 18 mil or anything. That's not petty at all!!!!!

What?

This is a matter of diverging interests. NPO and IRON both have goals and aspirations they are reaching for and our treaty was founded on the fact that at the time it was mutually beneficial to work together to achieve said goals. We feel this is no longer the case thus make this separation now while personal relations are still good instead of letting issues pile up because we are using personal feelings to extend a treaty way past its political viability.

While yes we do feel the wars end was less than ideal we do not blame NPO for that and in fact praise them for navigating the best they could in an all around shitty situation.

As for the accusations of being a follower, I fail to understand how choosing not to follow someone makes one a follower so the only thing I can add to those statements is a giant resounding WTF?

Hahahahaha.

That's seriously your reasoning? You cancelled on them for being good allies?

Holy shit, somehow your alliance is even more narcissistic and whiny than I had previously thought. That's an accomplishment.

It's pretty much par. 

Good luck to you, etc.

o/ Pacifica

Edited by Letterkenny

Watching the reactions to this thread are interesting.

Reactions from those recently hoping for an eternal DH beatdown complain about how NPO/Brehon managed this past war are even more interesting.

NPO was the only alliance in EQ with the leadership, intelligence, and political strength to direct the catastrophe that was Equilibrium.  What Brehon wanted and didn't want is irrelevant, because without NPO, most of EQ would have continued wallowing in their own filth before taking a shot.  NPO are streets ahead.

Can you imagine EQ putting anything more than a few scratches in DoomHouse without the NPO to hold their hands while they fumble with the key?

There is very little quality in CN and there was even less in EQ, (IRON, DT, GLOF, NPO not withstanding)

Better, (and ignoring the obvious politics) can you imagine the bloodbath if NPO had somehow been on our side?  It would have been like a soggy pinata fighting a Louisville Slugger.

Edited by rsoxbronco1

I wasn't going to post in this topic, but I think it needs to be said.  No offense, but NG, your ally, is part of that as well.  NPO was being a good ally and I realize more people wanted to fight a bit more on Umbrella and our other ally, MK, but not much more you could've done but destroy yourself further.  Umb is clearly not the same god-level it was before, so you should say you accomplished what you set out to do on that front.  Not sure what more you could've done but grind up your allies (NG) on that side even further in the mids/lowers.

We are well aware of how it went down and we're perfectly okay.  The only problem I had was Derp Rush's upper tier hiding in peace mode the entire war (accept for a few that thought they wouldn't get attacked, lol), including some of your guys with over 10B warpeacechests.  We at least we had the dignity to send out our mids/lowers to go thrash MHA.

You do realise that admitting to losing a war vs an MHA nation is taboo? Hence, you'll only read victory reports, happily so.

Watching the reactions to this thread are interesting.

Reactions from those recently hoping for an eternal DH beatdown complain about how NPO/Brehon managed this past war are more interesting.

NPO was the only alliance in EQ with the leadership, intelligence, and political strength to direct the catastrophe that was Equilibrium.  What Brehon wanted and didn't want is irrelevant, because without NPO, most of EQ would have continued wallowing in their own filth before taking a shot.

Can you imagine EQ putting anything more than a few scratches in DoomHouse without the NPO to hold their hands while they fumble with the key?

There is very little quality in CN and there was even less in EQ, (IRON, DT, GLOF, NPO not withstanding)

Even better, (and ignoring the obvious politics) can you imagine the bloodbath if NPO had somehow been on our side?  It would have been like a soggy pinata fighting a Louisville Slugger.

Since we're doing hypotheticals, Think they would have hid in peace mode the entire war like the rest of you?

If I looked at your entire OWF history and quoted the relevant posts, how bad would you look for making a peace mode post?

I never look bad my friend. I don't judge concerning war time strategies. If you want to sit in pm that's fine with me.

I thought we were talking about hypotheticals though? Is there something about this question that bothers you? Is that why you dodged it?

I never look bad my friend. I don't judge concerning war time strategies. If you want to sit in pm that's fine with me.

I thought we were talking about hypotheticals though? Is there something about this question that bothers you? Is that why you dodged it?

You were talking hypotheticals.

I was talking facts.

EQ was bad and stood no chance without NPO at the helm.  You need more than popular sentiment to win a war.

NPO was the true steel.

AI was pure iron, black and hard and strong, yes, but brittle, the way iron gets. They broke before they bent.

And the rest of EQ? Copper, bright and shiny, pretty to look at but not worth all that much at the end of the day.”

So, IRON soured on TOP because TOP kept them at war too long in the Grudge war. IRON soured on NPO because NPO didnt keep them at war long enough. Makes total sense.  For goodness sake make up your minds which it is that you want. 

So, IRON soured on TOP because TOP kept them at war too long in the Grudge war. IRON soured on NPO because NPO didnt keep them at war long enough. Makes total sense.  For goodness sake make up your minds which it is that you want. 

We want to fight as long as we want to fight, not a minute longer, nor a minute shorter. Seriously, why can no one understand this?

We want to fight as long as we want to fight, not a minute longer, nor a minute shorter. Seriously, why can no one understand this?

Yes, and the position of allies like AI (who lost well over 50% of their NS and tech), INT (who were  on the other side), NG (who were  on the other side).. be damned. I am certain we are all very clear on this. You did not need to confirm this.

Edited by Rush Sykes

You were talking hypotheticals.

I was talking facts.

No you weren't. Unless you're denying you said

"Even better, (and ignoring the obvious politics) can you imagine the bloodbath if NPO had somehow been on our side? ."

That never happened. It's a hypothetical situation. Ignoring your empty polemics, I'll ask again. Do you believe NPO would have hid as much as the rest of you? I mean it's pretty easy to down others fighting skills if you never actually hit the battlefield. (You in the plural sense not you specifically).

Oh yes it'll hurt them, but everyone around here complains of no one standing up for themselves and then when people do stand up for themselves we get this bullshit. Why is it hard for people to understand that if alliance A dislikes the way alliance B is going they can cancel. The same arguments were thrown at several alliances, most recently Argent. This may seem like a shock, but this is how FA works.

The peanut gallery needs to grab a tampon and quit pmsing. I get you personally have an axe to grind with them, but you can't fault them on the pure principle of the situation.

You brought up Polar before, and now you're bringing up this. I am not "people" and I am not "everyone around here". I am not responsible for the collective opinion of every OWF post you've ever read.

IRON can cancel on whichever of their treaty partners they want, for any reason they want. And I am free to think their reasons for cancelling are childish; and I am also free to be mean to them in their cancellation thread because I dislike them and think they're making (another) stupid decision.

e: accidentally a word

Edited by Hereno

Yes, and the position of allies like AI (who lost well over 50% of their NS and tech), INT (who were  on the other side), NG (who were  on the other side).. be damned. I am certain we are all very clear on this. You did not need to confirm this.

Your friend Rsox just said that EQ were unable to do anything but scratches without NPO. Now NPO wasn't fighting NG, I don't think they fought INT. So are you exaggerating? Or is Rsox wrong?

They want to push their own personal agenda instead of being told what to do by others. 

They wanted no reps during the Grudge War, and despite the fact that they did the majority of fighting against Polar, TOP told them to keep going while they negotiated reps.

They wanted to fight a full and actual war here, but were told along with everybody else by the self appointed leaders (NPO) they they were to tiptoe around CnG and NG.  Then came a hard push for peace from NPO, followed by a treaty with ODN.  It was clear that NPO was using it's leadership during the war to limit the damage given to CnG as a whole.  Is this good strategy on NPO's part?  Absolutely, but they paid the price here and lost a good ally when they prioritized CnG over IRON.

You brought up Polar before, and now you're bringing up this. I am not "people" and I am not "everyone around here". I am not responsible for the collective opinion of every OWF post you've ever read.

IRON can cancel on whichever of their treaty partners they want, for any reason they want. And I am free to think their reasons for cancelling are childish; and I am also free to be mean to them in their cancellation thread because I dislike them and think they're making (another) stupid decision.

e: accidentally a word

Sure you are. I'm pointing out that given the circumstances your critique is empty. Your one of the better posters here though, so carry on.

Your friend Rsox just said that EQ were unable to do anything but scratches without NPO. Now NPO wasn't fighting NG, I don't think they fought INT. So are you exaggerating? Or is Rsox wrong?

You are being intentionally dense with that. NPOs leadership is( stron leadership) is what he is referring to. Not that actual effort of pressing the red button, which even a trained chimpanzee can do.