IRON Announcement

An alliance that sticks up for all its allies instead of just some? I mean, CnG approached NPO as soon as wounds healed between the alliances involved. MK even (mostly) stopped hounding them. NPO carried IRON's war out as best they could. They stopped at reps. Why? Because 1) if anyone in EQ deserved reps, it was NPO for actually fighting a good fight and 2) What the fuck does IRON need reps for in an aggressive war that it wasn't even involved in the CB for?  You can say the same about GOONS as to #2, but at least they give a damn enough to fight for DH.

I don't even remotely like NPO, this is just pure bullshit.

IRON didn't push for reps. You are trying too hard.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao at putting the blame on NPO for not winning the war properly.

Interesting interpretation. Wrong, of course. This is simply the result of a divergence of interests, and our longtime friends in Pacifica know we bear them no ill. NPO is still (and will likely always be) many IRONers' favorite alliance.

An alliance that sticks up for all its allies instead of just some? I mean, CnG approached NPO as soon as wounds healed between the alliances involved. MK even (mostly) stopped hounding them. NPO carried IRON's war out as best they could. They stopped at reps. Why? Because 1) if anyone in EQ deserved reps, it was NPO for actually fighting a good fight and 2) What the fuck does IRON need reps for in an aggressive war that it wasn't even involved in the CB for?  You can say the same about GOONS as to #2, but at least they give a damn enough to fight for DH.

The two bolded bits reveal how misinformed you are, compadre.

That's what NPO wins for cuddles with CnG and for their lack of resolve in properly win the war, wise decision IRON, I'm glad that you made the reasons of your cancellation public, this is the kind of thing this place needs to get more activity. I also hope that others alliances also realizes what kind of alliance NPO is and get ride of them. 

Lack of resolve is not a characteristic of Pacifica.

IRON didn't push for reps. You are trying too hard.

Then why the hell are they whining about NPO fighting for them, again?

The two bolded bits reveal how misinformed you are, compadre.

Yes, as a member of the opposing coalition who got to sit back and listen on who was fighting good and who wasn't, I'm misinformed.  The only alliances fighting better were DT/Sengoku, and possibly AB.

Edited by Neo Uruk

Go back and read it.

I read it. NPO helped to bring the war to a conclusion before half of EQ bailed out and it turned into a Gre-IRON scenario.

So, if the OP is the true reason for cancellation, IRON is mad at NPO because NPO didn't want IRON and co. to take a suicide plunge.  Well, that's interesting.

Edited by Neo Uruk

1) IRON had the 2nd highest aggressive slot usesage. Only the Grand Lodge of Freemasons beat us. Your implication that IRON did not fight hard is laughable. (not saying others did not also fight hard, merely that any accusation of IRON fighting a lacluster war is a joke)

2) IRON has stated many times in public that we do not take reparations. We never asked for nor received them.  There were enough proposed terms leaking around the world before peace and none of them made any mention of IRON reps. 

Your propoganda is really quite terrible. 

Anything regarding Equilibrium, listen to Neo. The former GOON knows all about the coalition he wasn't in, but got stomped out by.

Best of luck to my allies in Pacifica, IRON is a great alliance and it must not be easy to hear this news.

Edited by salsabeast1

1) IRON had the 2nd highest aggressive slot usesage. Only the Grand Lodge of Freemasons beat us. Your implication that IRON did not fight hard is laughable. (not saying others did not also fight hard, merely that any accusation of IRON fighting a lacluster war is a joke)[/quote]

2) IRON has stated many times in public that we do not take reparations. We never asked for nor received them.  There were enough proposed terms leaking around the world before peace and none of them made any mention of IRON reps.

1)Yes, aggressive slot usage is the key to winning a war. Not, you know, how those slots are being used. If the enemy beats the hell out of you in all those aggressive slots, is it really a good job? (No. Your alliance is not a warring alliance. Accept it.)

2) Public statements are nice. NPO once publicly stated they would never cancel on NpO. Many times, I'm sure, even.

Edited by Neo Uruk

1)Yes, aggressive slot usage is the key to winning a war. Not, you know, how those slots are being used. If the enemy beats the hell out of you in all those aggressive slots, is it really a good job? (No. Your alliance is not a warring alliance. Accept it.)

No. Because that didn't happen. 

2) Public statements are nice. NPO once publicly stated they would never cancel on NpO. Many times, I'm sure, even.

So because you think at some point in the future we could change our policy we definitely changed it during the last war and tried to make people fight for our reps? 

Yes....that IS the most logical way of looking at things. Clearly. So clear, that it makes the clarity of the air seem like an opaque block. You've shone a light so bright into our dark deeds that the sun is but the faintest star in the sky by comparison. Hail to thee that has such clear and bright vision. 

I'm sure this was not an easy decision to make, on the one hand I'm pretty sad to see a cancellation between two of my favourite alliances, on the other I am sure the implications will be pretty interesting for everyone on bob. Good luck forging your new path IRON and all the best to NPO on their future endeavours  :)

Edited by MCRABT

No. Because that didn't happen. 

So because you think at some point in the future we could change our policy we definitely changed it during the last war and tried to make people fight for our reps? 

Yes....that IS the most logical way of looking at things. Clearly. So clear, that it makes the clarity of the air seem like an opaque block. You've shone a light so bright into our dark deeds that the sun is but the faintest star in the sky by comparison. Hail to thee that has such clear and bright vision. 

Considering you have to blame your ally who put up a hell of a fight and soaked up a lot of damage for your losing effort, it's likely that your "aggressive slot usage" means nothing. That was my point.

And uh, I think you missed the point there, champ. If you didn't want reps, why was everything pinned on you and AI?

Edited by Neo Uruk

Stop commenting on that which you have no actual knowledge about.

Sad to see this happen. You certainly have my well wishes Pacifica and irregardless of a defense pact you still have a friend in IRON.

o/ NPO

Wow this was unexpected lol.

To anyone saying IRON didn't fight for the coalition, that's funny as hell. I was on VE front with them and we struggled to find any open defensive slots whatsoever. They were the ones putting most of the mid tier ans upper tier pressure on alliances trying to make sure they were to get side lined. NPO didn't come close the the effort they put in and we can go back months to see the "NPO supporters" saying the exact same thing.

NPO engaged in limited warfare, did not communicate with the coalition at all, and above all placed their allies on the other side to a higher importance than the coalition they were supposedly leading.

Then why the hell are they whining about NPO fighting for them, again?

Yes, as a member of the opposing coalition who got to sit back and listen on who was fighting good and who wasn't, I'm misinformed.  The only alliances fighting better were DT/Sengoku, and possibly AB.

NPO didn't fight for us, we warred as a coalition; each AA had it's own reasons for taking part. 

Ah, I see. You were told IRON did not fight well, and so you believe IRON is awful at war. Only one way to know for sure, though, right?

NPO didn't fight for us, we warred as a coalition; each AA had it's own reasons for taking part. 

Ah, I see. You were told IRON did not fight well, and so you believe IRON is awful at war. Only one way to know for sure, though, right?

And NPO's stake in the war besides Umbrella? Oh, right, their allies. Which include you.

And no. I witnessed you not fighting well.

Wow this was unexpected lol.

To anyone saying IRON didn't fight for the coalition, that's funny as hell. I was on VE front with them and we struggled to find any open defensive slots whatsoever. They were the ones putting most of the mid tier ans upper tier pressure on alliances trying to make sure they were to get side lined. NPO didn't come close the the effort they put in and we can go back months to see the "NPO supporters" saying the exact same thing.

NPO engaged in limited warfare, did not communicate with the coalition at all, and above all placed their allies on the other side to a higher importance than the coalition they were supposedly leading.

Yeah NPO had no communication with the coalition, that's why they knew when they needed to counter an alliance weeks into the war.

And NPO's stake in the war besides Umbrella? Oh, right, their allies. Which include you.

And no. I witnessed you not fighting well.

Yeah NPO had no communication with the coalition, that's why they knew when they needed to counter an alliance weeks into the war.

And that's also why they tried to pass secret terms that almost resulted in the entire coalition to break down while demanding they release the details

And that's also why they tried to pass secret terms that almost resulted in the entire coalition to break down while demanding they release the details

Not trusting a bunch of idiots is not the same as acting against the interest of those idiots.

The disparity of our unit cohesion has once again caused a fracture. The whims of self preservation will continue to breed weakness. How long before the final remnants of Light are bathed in the darkness completely?

The darkness is really quite fun, you should really check it out once in a while.

This announcement is entirely unexpected on our part. Miscommunication and disagreement over war policy is not what I thought would sever what is arguably the oldest and most important treaty in CN history. The Continuum is well and truly deceased now, despite years of crushing and (in some cases) destroying many, many Alliances and blocs set before them.

As for this talk about C&G being 'preserved'? All it takes is one look at the NS drop taken by the C&G Alliances that had an active war policy to gather than there was no preservation really going on. The International, for instance, got absolutely plastered for keeping itself largely out of Peace Mode. And yet, the fact that they did not get rolled is not due to the selective actions of GATO, or ODN, but on NPO? Surely the 23+ Alliances marshalled against them were all competent enough to get the job done... But that is an argument for others to ponder. I personally feel that surely there are issues unstated herein, that would justify such a move, but that will probably come out in the wash someday.

For now, I will wait and see what implications this will have for the rest of NPO's Allies, of which there are many. The sharpies may soon be drawn, and then all the FA hacks will be busy adjusting to the new paradigms that emerge.