IRON Announcement

IRON seemed to think so, when its an ally and not the peanut gallery, then you should realise how it looked.

I've already made a post address that. IRON is welcome to think what our intentions were, but that doesn't make them right.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you blind or retarded? GATO was late to the party, but the rest of CnG were slowly bringing nations out of peace mode as they lowered the tier range that EQ had an advantage in.

We clearly fought different wars then. 

Are you blind or retarded? GATO was late to the party, but the rest of CnG were slowly bringing nations out of peace mode as they lowered the tier range that EQ had an advantage in.

Neo Uruk = apprentice historical revisionist.

I've already made a post address that. IRON is welcome to think what our intentions were, but that doesn't make them right.

Never said it was right, but you have to admit it does add fuel to the fire.

Never said it was right, but you have to admit it does add fuel to the fire.

Then perhaps people should stop adding fuel to the fire by repeating things that are wrong.

Would C&G have been destroyed by taking the offered peace before DH?

I'll go with true. To be blunt, I doubt C&G ever wanted to put allies in DH under the bus, or they never would have entered in the first place, let alone chain in via NPO or whoever else onto EQ's side in a similar contrived fashion as some of those opposite.

Just for clarity, to IRON the destruction of CnG would have been a preferable end to the last war?

Not really. You're looking at this from the wrong side. "Not trying to save" does not mean "trying to destroy".

The idealised peace had everyone but Umbrella withdrawing-so it wouldn't have wiped out CnG. This reperations fantasy is just that, a fantasy. It isn't even a good fantasy. If you are going to make stuff up it should at least include dragons. 

I love you as always IRON.

Hahahahaha.

That's seriously your reasoning? You cancelled on them for being good allies?

Holy shit, somehow your alliance is even more narcissistic and whiny than I had previously thought. That's an accomplishment.

Let's think this out for a moment. Polar, TTK, and others were blasted and called stupid for placing an immediate ally above their coalition. By the same logic, why are we not calling NPO stupid? Only because they have the power to do as they wish.

IRON made a huge move (like always) in which they've decided they'd rather seize there own destiny instead of just bitching behind the scenes like 99% of all other alliances. They'll probably pay for it eventually. But sometimes you have to sacrifice friends and power for balls.

Let's think this out for a moment. Polar, TTK, and others were blasted and called stupid for placing an immediate ally above their coalition. By the same logic, why are we not calling NPO stupid? Only because they have the power to do as they wish.

IRON made a huge move (like always) in which they've decided they'd rather seize there own destiny instead of just bitching behind the scenes like 99% of all other alliances. They'll probably pay for it eventually. But sometimes you have to sacrifice friends and power for balls.

You're claiming that NPO valued an ally over their coalition. That is false.

Good lord, did you really? We will have to mame whoever it was if they couldn't impress you.

Having fought you and IRON a few wars ago I was impressed if that matters.Figured some cancellations would come after the way the last war ended but I didnt expect this one. I dont know what you guys expected though. From the outside it looked pretty clear pre-war where NPO was going with NG/C&G. 

There is a difference between lying to your coalition and thereby putting the entire war effort of yourselves, your allies, and the coalition in jeopardy... and looking out for your allies on the opposite side of a war. NPO managed to lead Equilibrium to victory while helping out NSO on the side with the massacre of Kaskus, and still found time to do what they could for their allies in C&G on the other side of the conflict. Like them or hate them, that is a fine balancing act that very few alliances could pull off. Even fewer still would see it as a reason to cancel their treaty. That Mia went on for paragraphs in the OP praising NPO for this while subsequently using it as IRON's purpose behind the cancellation can mean one of two things. That we aren't being told the whole story, or that IRON are so full of themselves they're making Narcissus weep in his imaginary grave. I'm going to go with "probably a little bit of both". In either case, IRON's act is not a case of "growing a pair" and seizing their own destiny; it is an act of petulance which will ultimately hurt them in the long term.

There is a difference between lying to your coalition and thereby putting the entire war effort of yourselves, your allies, and the coalition in jeopardy... and looking out for your allies on the opposite side of a war. NPO managed to lead Equilibrium to victory while helping out NSO on the side with the massacre of Kaskus, and still found time to do what they could for their allies in C&G on the other side of the conflict. Like them or hate them, that is a fine balancing act that very few alliances could pull off. Even fewer still would see it as a reason to cancel their treaty. That Mia went on for paragraphs in the OP praising NPO for this while subsequently using it as IRON's purpose behind the cancellation can mean one of two things. That we aren't being told the whole story, or that IRON are so full of themselves they're making Narcissus weep in his imaginary grave. I'm going to go with "probably a little bit of both". In either case, IRON's act is not a case of "growing a pair" and seizing their own destiny; it is an act of petulance which will ultimately hurt them in the long term.

What would NPO say/do to an alliance they didnt feel was doing its best to help the coalition? When derp rush countered NG what was that reaction?

This is exactly the kind of actions we should promote. IRON recognized NPO's efforts as an ally, and admitted they view themselves going a different direction politically and used that as the reason for the cancellation. Stating they wished the war was more decisive, and NPO chose their coalition over their other allies.

In my opinion a world in which treaties are chosen for political purposes and promoting an agenda is more dynamic, and should be embraced.

I wish you luck IRON.

NPO faced a general responsibility to the coalition, they shared a particular tie to ourselves, but they were also obliged to preserve CnG and NG.  Victory or a future, who can blame them?

NPO prioritized CnG and NG over a solid victory that could never achieve in the upper tiers because you had Derp Rush who refused to fight in the uppers.

I wasn't going to post in this topic, but I think it needs to be said.  No offense, but NG, your ally, is part of that as well.  NPO was being a good ally and I realize more people wanted to fight a bit more on Umbrella and our other ally, MK, but not much more you could've done but destroy yourself further.  Umb is clearly not the same god-level it was before, so you should say you accomplished what you set out to do on that front.  Not sure what more you could've done but grind up your allies (NG) on that side even further in the mids/lowers.

NPO's reaction to alliances asking about NG was "have at them".

We are well aware of how it went down and we're perfectly okay.  The only problem I had was Derp Rush's upper tier hiding in peace mode the entire war (accept for a few that thought they wouldn't get attacked, lol), including some of your guys with over 10B warpeacechests.  We at least we had the dignity to send out our mids/lowers to go thrash MHA.

Edited by Steve Buscemi