New Year, New Sparta, New War

sourcy

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1356982950' post='3069883']
Whatever policy(ies) the Spartan gov has is their business and others should stay out of it. Of course you are entitled to your opinions, but if Sparta wanted them they would have asked. If members don't like it, they can leave as everyone has a choice where to put their alliance allegiance.
[/quote]

It's rather funny to see NPO defending the old sparta when, they're just attempting to use you guys.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356984690' post='3069890']
It's rather funny to see NPO defending the old sparta when, they're just attempting to use you guys.
[/quote]Yeah I know I get confused who is where and does what...I mean either we are controlling everything and everyone or everyone is controlling and using us...I guess it depends on the day of the week. :smug:

Anyways, that was a very very poor bait from you...TRY HARDER ;)

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1356985466' post='3069894']
Yeah I know I get confused who is where and does what...I mean either we are controlling everything and everyone or everyone is controlling and using us...I guess it depends on the day of the week. :smug:

Anyways, that was a very very poor bait from you...TRY HARDER ;)
[/quote]

It's the truth. They're trying to get on your side after realizing that they're no longer going to be winning any "wars" when they keep getting curbstomped.

Hence why you guys got to surprise our membership with a blitz when we had no idea a war was even coming or what we were getting into a couple weeks ago when we had those "war games".

Another reason why the coup has been formed:

Sparta agreed to participate in war games with NPO a couple weeks back. It was agreed upon by the governments that sparta would be blitz attacked by NPO. Spartans were told that there was indeed most likely a war coming, but never when or by who or that these were "war games". Meanwhile NPO and it's membership was completely informed of the decision and was allowed to blitz sparta nations with no advanced warnings.

This will not happen in my sparta.

[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Meanwhile NPO and it's membership was completely informed of the decision and was allowed to blitz sparta nations with no advanced warnings.[/font][/color][/i]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Snif, makes me tear up with memories. That's my Pacifica . :awesome:[/font][/color]

Also I can promise that my Sparta, as run by me, Supreme King sourcy will not leave allies in questionable times. I can think of the last real war the fake spartan government put together a vote to help it's ally in it's time of need because they realized the huge loss in doing so. (I believe, FARK)

;)

My Sparta will not think twice of such actions, we will PROMISE to defend all allies regardless.

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356985703' post='3069897']
It's the truth. They're trying to get on your side after realizing that they're no longer going to be winning any "wars" when they keep getting curbstomped.

Hence why you guys got to surprise our membership with a blitz when we had no idea a war was even coming or what we were getting into a couple weeks ago when we had those "war games".

Another reason why the coup has been formed:

Sparta agreed to participate in war games with NPO a couple weeks back. It was agreed upon by the governments that sparta would be blitz attacked by NPO. Spartans were told that there was indeed most likely a war coming, but never when or by who or that these were "war games". Meanwhile NPO and it's membership was completely informed of the decision and was allowed to blitz sparta nations with no advanced warnings.

This will not happen in my sparta.
[/quote]
Ummm you are misinformed (I know this is a big surprise for everyone) there was never an agreement that NPO would blitz Sparta. However Sparta decided to inform their membership was their decision alone, we had no input in it. If members were told a war was coming and certain members didn't prepare accordingly, well that is a problem with those members the Gov should address it (which I am sure they have and are, but then again, no surprise you seem to be clueless). War is war, whether they were orchestrated war games or all out alliance war, notice was given and people had the opportunity to prepare on both sides.

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356986337' post='3069904']
Also I can promise that my Sparta, as run by me, Supreme King sourcy will not leave allies in questionable times. I can think of the last real war the fake spartan government put together a vote to help it's ally in it's time of need because they realized the huge loss in doing so. (I believe, FARK)

;)

My Sparta will not think twice of such actions, we will PROMISE to defend all allies regardless.
[/quote]

Everyone who doesn't lead, says they can lead better....but yeaaaaaah. Pretty sure you arent fit to lead much of anything, as evidenced by your repeated use of "My" Sparta. True leaders don't have the luxury to focus on themselves as in service they are required to put the needs of others before the needs of themselves.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1356986659' post='3069906']
So it is just you? I mean if things were so bad in Sparta you must have a mass of members whom you have already spoken to and have joined your cause right? Because if it is just you, it is not a coup, it is just a tantrum.
[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding...We have a Winner!!!!!!

I dont know but it seems to me that if a few members do not like the way a AA is run they would maybe comsider splintering off and forming a new AA to save the embarrassment to the rest of the AA they so care about and thier dirty laundry to be in public.. but then common sense ... wait ...oopps i said common sense ... my bad common sense does not seem to exist here .... but them i am in NPO so .... i have NO COMMENT :P

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1356988615' post='3069926']
Next time, plan it better. Sparta is indeed terrible so you should have been able to pull off, I don't know, maybe 20% of the AA. Instead, you're raving alone. Not good.

Although it's not bad entertainment for New Year's Eve.
[/quote]

Don't worry, all of sparta has been messaged informing them of the plan. I am trying to co-ordinate the war effort, and I am only one person.

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356985703' post='3069897']Sparta agreed to participate in war games with NPO a couple weeks back. It was agreed upon by the governments that sparta would be blitz attacked by NPO. Spartans were told that there was indeed most likely a war coming, but never when or by who or that these were "war games". Meanwhile NPO and it's membership was completely informed of the decision and was allowed to blitz sparta nations with no advanced warnings.

[/quote]

Well, I know for sure that this isn't the case. I didn't know what was going on until I woke up the morning the war games started, and a couple guys I was supposed to coordinate with were anarchied before they were able to get on and declare. In my range, anyway, Sparta seemed way quicker out of the gates than we were.

Edited by BrJLa

[quote name='BrJLa' timestamp='1356989475' post='3069938']
Well, I know for sure that this isn't the case. I didn't know what was going on until I woke up the morning the war games started, and a couple guys I was supposed to coordinate with were anarchied before they were able to get on and declare. In my range, anyway, Sparta seemed way quicker out of the gates than we were.
[/quote]

that wasn't the point. the fake/old sparta gov did not inform it's members of the attack or who the war was with unlike NPO. They can't run an alliance and choose to have us blitz'ed.

Edited by sourcy

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356989849' post='3069942']

that wasn't the point. the fake/old sparta gov did not inform it's members of the attack or who the war was with unlike NPO. They can't run an alliance and choose to have us blitz'ed.
[/quote]

Pretty sure Brehon had come out and said that NPO membership didn't know who they were fighting until last minute target lists were given out. I swear he said that like 6times

The point of the two different classes is to make members more obligated to take part in Spartan activities. These lower nations were not forced to do tech deals, and instead were given the option to have Sparta do it for them. Second, everyone has the ability to go up to the next rank. Its just a matter of whether you are willing to put effort into your alliance or just rake the benefits.

btw, this is coming from a perioikoi, not a spartiates.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1356990393' post='3069952']
Pretty sure Brehon had come out and said that NPO membership didn't know who they were fighting until last minute target lists were given out. I swear he said that like 6times
[/quote]

Yes he did, but NPO also knew they were the ones going on the offensive. You cannot sit there and tell me that NPO not knowing who, but knowing exactly when and where, did not put their members at a flipping HUGE tactical advantage in that situation. If you think that, I look forward to some day fighting you, because that it completely absurd. The who never EVER matters, only the when. NPO had the when down to the minute, Sparta members did not (and I understand Sparta gov was protecting OPSEC of the wargame, and I do not blame them for that, but it does not make his assertion incorrect that being the defender in that scenario was 100% disadvantageous to Sparta members.)

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1356992869' post='3069968']
Yes he did, but NPO also knew they were the ones going on the offensive. You cannot sit there and tell me that NPO not knowing who, but knowing exactly when and where, did not put their members at a flipping HUGE tactical advantage in that situation. If you think that, I look forward to some day fighting you, because that it completely absurd. The who never EVER matters, only the when. NPO had the when down to the minute, Sparta members did not (and I understand Sparta gov was protecting OPSEC of the wargame, and I do not blame them for that, but it does not make his assertion incorrect that being the defender in that scenario was 100% disadvantageous to Sparta members.)
[/quote]

!@#$@#$ hell, you made me agree with Rush, the skies will fall and the ground will open up.

Clarity:

NPO members knew war was there, did not know who until much a short time before. Rush is correct the advantage was there for us and it was intentional. Coordination with Sparta gov was at the 30 day mark ( or close to it) and as I understood gave notice of pending attacks initially a week out. That is what I understood. If that is wrong, well you now know the exact information I had in regards to Spartan members.

But that also isn't why I have posted, so let me get to it.

I can understand membership being concerned with decisions their leadership has done/is doing. Far too often all of us go off on an emotional response vs analyzing and seeing the situation for what it is. Am I saying you are doing that: yes and no. You could be, you could not be; it does sound emotional however.

The point made by others is solid. Coming here and airing dirty laundry does nothing but belittle you, your gov and your alliance as a whole. If something is broken by all means fix it, or at least do so from your abilities. To come up and design yourself as leader while airing this on the OWF doesn't show leadership. Just something to keep in mind