New Year, New Sparta, New War

sourcy

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1356993406' post='3069975']
Clarity:

NPO members knew war was there, did not know who until much a short time before. Rush is correct the advantage was there for us and it was intentional. Coordination with Sparta gov was at the 30 day mark ( or close to it) and as I understood gave notice of pending attacks initially a week out. That is what I understood. If that is wrong, well you now know the exact information I had in regards to Spartan members.

But that also isn't why I have posted, so let me get to it.

I can understand membership being concerned with decisions their leadership has done/is doing. Far too often all of us go off on an emotional response vs analyzing and seeing the situation for what it is. Am I saying you are doing that: yes and no. You could be, you could not be; it does sound emotional however.

The point made by others is solid. Coming here and airing dirty laundry does nothing but belittle you, your gov and your alliance as a whole. If something is broken by all means fix it, or at least do so from your abilities. To come up and design yourself as leader while airing this on the OWF doesn't show leadership. Just something to keep in mind
[/quote]

Well said my friend.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point made by others is solid. Coming here and airing dirty laundry does nothing but belittle you, your gov and your alliance as a whole. If something is broken by all means fix it, or at least do so from your abilities. To come up and design yourself as leader while airing this on the OWF doesn't show leadership. Just something to keep in mind
[/quote]

I have tried numerous times to state the problems that were forming, nothing was listened to. What else is there to do?

Something else to keep in mind. Your alliance has built a horrible reputation about war. I happen to know your gov believed this could start on the road of helping to come out of that. Notice I said "start on the road". Regardless of all political hubub you gov needed to see if you guys could fight. I for one think you can and was glad to see it. But take a moment and understand the reason for actions. I am not saying you have to agree, but if you have your eyes on leading you are going to need to start working on your tact and much larger arching reasons for the decisions governments make.

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356993585' post='3069978']
I have tried numerous times to state the problems that were forming, nothing was listened to. What else is there to do?
[/quote]

The largest and strongest decision each of us has on Bob and beyond is choice. If you don't like a station, turn it off. If you don't like an alliance leave. If you can't bear to leave, then you have to work to strengthen and fix it, not gut it in the middle with chaos and airing of laundry. I and many like me worked for years to turn the NPO around, I am speaking from a place of familiarity.

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356989849' post='3069942']
that wasn't the point. the fake/old sparta gov did not inform it's members of the attack or who the war was with unlike NPO. They can't run an alliance and choose to have us blitz'ed.
[/quote]

To this, I would suggest that you probably did not pay enough attention to see it. First off, I detest Sparta, and revel in any shens that befall them, but the very notion that they did not tell you guys of the attack, is something that not even THEY could fail so miserably at. So, in essence, you are either being misleading, or you totally missed it.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1356993820' post='3069982']
To this, I would suggest that you probably did not pay enough attention to see it. First off, I detest Sparta, and revel in any shens that befall them, but the very notion that they did not tell you guys of the attack, is something that not even THEY could fail so miserably at. So, in essence, you are either being misleading, or you totally missed it.
[/quote]

I'd hate to break it to you, but we were not told of an attack only the possibility of eminent war.

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356994356' post='3069986']
I'd hate to break it to you, but we were not told of an attack only the possibility of eminent war.
[/quote]

Well I know some of your members knew because I got messages asking me why I wanted to hit Sparta. Something to think about here. BTW, these were not gov members because I was talking to gov via IRC.

Friends, and enemies, you should not listen to Sourcy. He does what he does to cause discord, not because of any legitimate complaint.

On our forums he declared his intent to rogue due to government being "pixel huggers", yet here he rages that we did not give him adequate chance to hug his own pixels.

He's angry because his only answer to our question of what he'd done for the alliance was to quote his alliance seniority. He tried to demand special treatment, citing having fought in wars as something above and beyond. Despite what some will say about us, or what was even said by us in the past, fighting for your alliance is not anything special, it is the baseline that should be expected of each and every nation and ruler.

Sourcy speaks as though he's fighting for freedom for Sparta's membership, but there's no truth to that. Our dasterdly citizenship program is simply a project rewarding Spartans who have held positions within the alliance, and who have served the alliance's interests, with a few superficial benefits. How dare we in government recognize the efforts of those who have actually done something for the alliance. Clearly a revolution must be fought.

Truth is that Sourcy is nothing more than a rogue with delusions of relevance.

[quote name='sourcy' timestamp='1356994356' post='3069986']
[/quote]

We were messaged practically everyday... We were messaged so much that it just started getting annoying.

Also, I'm curious as to what you were expecting to achieve my posting this? - It would be about as effective as me going on National TV and declaring myself King of England...

Edited by Balthier

Sparta's general lack of worth and ability as an alliance should not be news to anybody. This is an alliance that is incapable diplomatically, economically, and militarily. It is an alliance that always found a way to maneuver itself into a position to provide yet another clunky performance for the winning side of a war, and then, when finally placed into a position in which a losing war was inevitable, chose to hide from that war. It is, in short, an alliance that has, despite its size, contributed very little to the Cyberverse. I can't think of major, politically active alliance that has contributed less.

But I digress. While it is noble that the OP is standing up for what he believes in, his is a futile gesture where the inception of change is concerned. Still, the entertainment value therein is, I'm sure, appreciated by all, and he deserves kudos for putting his nation on the line.

I see Sourcy can't keep his reasons for leaving in order. First it was because he wasn't voted in, in an ongoing election, then it was because he didn't get tech over people who desperately needed it, now it's because he's "Fighting the good fight." :facepalm:

Nice way to show your true colors to everyone else, bud. I wasn't fooled for a minute, however, and knew it was simply a matter of time before you betrayed the AA. Enjoy your permaban.

I never knew that serving Sparta was in such high demand. -Feels special now.- :wub:

Also, since I forgot to reply the first time...

Clarity:

Coordination with Sparta gov was at the 30 day mark ( or close to it) and as I understood gave notice of pending attacks initially a week out. That is what I understood. If that is wrong, well you now know the exact information I had in regards to Spartan members.
[/quote]

This is true. While we didn't specifically state that NPO was going to attack us, we went so far as to claim that it is possible NPO would be -one- of the ones declaring. A lot of Govt were afraid this would betray the OPSec and give it away.

But, apparently, people like Sourcy didn't bother to read that forum post. Or any of the roughly 60 other posts that went into the Defcon thread.

Or the dozens of alliance-wide pm's(some of which I personally wrote and sent myself) which informed people of the various Defcon switches. They were told the day, who it would likely be (just not blatantly), etc. The only thing they weren't told was the hour. Considering most Blitz's happen prior or just after update, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out when to be around, but I digress.

I'm sure in an actual War, our enemies will be kind enough to tell us the exact hour they're going to declare, so we can totally arm up and fend off a defensive war before it begins. :o

Edited by DeathAdder

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1356993630' post='3069979']
Something else to keep in mind. Your alliance has built a horrible reputation about war. [b] I happen to know your gov believed this could start on the road of helping to come out of that. Notice I said "start on the road".[/b] Regardless of all political hubub you gov needed to see if you guys could fight......
[/quote]
Sup Brehon. It was very transparent that Sparta was doing this to try to fool people into thinking it wasn't scared to fight or even remotely competant. It didn't work and NPO looked damn fine. Which works for me. I already knew you guys were organized and efficient, but it was funny to see Sparta try to play ball with the big boys. I believe they got 10-run-ruled in the 1st or 2nd inning, amirte? :P

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1357005156' post='3070040']
Sup Brehon. It was very transparent that Sparta was doing this to try to fool people into thinking it wasn't scared to fight or even remotely competant. It didn't work and NPO looked damn fine. Which works for me. I already knew you guys were organized and efficient, but it was funny to see Sparta try to play ball with the big boys. I believe they got 10-run-ruled in the 1st or 2nd inning, amirte? :P
[/quote]

Actually, that's a very clouded and incorrect view, tbph.

The main reason that I accepted the offer was it gave me a chance to test the ability of the members, as well as the new MilCom gov which had been named. I understand Yeru accepted it under much the same reasons.

It had very little (nothing, in fact, in my own opinion) to do with proving we could fight. But since the Govt that Yeru and I had replaced had the members hiding in peace mode (which Grata and others can't seem to quit talking about), it was quite evident to a lot of Spartans that pushing the mentality that mass peace mode is no longer tolerated was a needed move.

Edit: Spelling/grammar.

Edited by DeathAdder

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1356999895' post='3070012']
I can't think of major, politically active alliance that has contributed less.
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff]I can: MHA. Other than that, I agree completely.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Anyway, I must admit I am surprised by this. Truly. Never would I have imagined that Sparta's leadership would openly and unashamedly attempt to disfranchise its general membership for their own selfish aims. I must say, Sparta continues to sink to new lows of terribleness.[/color]