[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1356921350' post='3069659']
Those

Those two wars and the reps/terms demanded aren't even near comparable. Nice try.
[/quote]

You can't be serious. \m/ fought for around week and disbanded after Sponge's first set of terms.

GATO fought one of the longest losing wars in CN history (behind FAN and IRON) at worse odds against us than \m/, was threatened with PZI publicly on the OWF for multiple offenses, and wasn't offered terms for months. We fully thought we were fighting a Viet-Fan war and that terms were honestly never going to even be offered to us. Something like 90% of GATO was at ZI during the tail end of that war, many of us in bill-lock.

The terms we finally did get included a viceroy (including losing control of our forums,) removal of longtime members from our alliance, loss of all of our treaties for an indefinite and undisclosed period of time. Overall we were either fighting or under the Viceroy for close to a year. And there was no public pressure during the war, or after, to release us all the way until Karma. Do not pretend that \m/ faced some incredible hardship that was unparalleled at the time.

\m/ never had a spine, and was never prepared to fight a real war without superior numbers and a large banking alliance working with you. Your members admitted it, stop trying to re-write history now that you think people have forgotten; Even Sponge has said multiple times that if you had only had the stones to fight for more than a week, he would have lessened the terms for you.

No one can ever force an alliance to disband, only it's members can do that.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1356938334' post='3069739']
Auinur asked permission prior to hitting. Our apologies to GOONS for his attacks done with consent from AI.
[/quote]
He also ruined the stagger, but I guess that's an easy mistake to make.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1356967594' post='3069786']

[/quote]

You really can't criticize people for ruining staggers when they know that there are a bunch of @&$)'s out there waiting to grab the slot and screw it up anyways.

Edited by berbers

[quote name='AuiNur' timestamp='1356972526' post='3069801']
I RUEN DA STAGGAR. TEACH ME HOW TO WERR!!

JK. stagger? I'm not sure I know what that is.
[/quote]

Teach me how to stagger, teach-me teach-me how to stagger

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1356960959' post='3069769']
You can't be serious. \m/ fought for around week and disbanded after Sponge's first set of terms.

GATO fought one of the longest losing wars in CN history (behind FAN and IRON) at worse odds against us than \m/, was threatened with PZI publicly on the OWF for multiple offenses, and wasn't offered terms for months. We fully thought we were fighting a Viet-Fan war and that terms were honestly never going to even be offered to us. Something like 90% of GATO was at ZI during the tail end of that war, many of us in bill-lock.

The terms we finally did get included a viceroy (including losing control of our forums,) removal of longtime members from our alliance, loss of all of our treaties for an indefinite and undisclosed period of time. Overall we were either fighting or under the Viceroy for close to a year. And there was no public pressure during the war, or after, to release us all the way until Karma. Do not pretend that \m/ faced some incredible hardship that was unparalleled at the time.

\m/ never had a spine, and was never prepared to fight a real war without superior numbers and a large banking alliance working with you. Your members admitted it, stop trying to re-write history now that you think people have forgotten; Even Sponge has said multiple times that if you had only had the stones to fight for more than a week, he would have lessened the terms for you.

[/quote]

Pretty much this. Having been Polar for both wars, GATO fought hard. \m/ fought like !@#$. Y'all tried to pull an MK (as in widespread declare to nuke as many opponents as possible) and failed miserable due to lack of leadership, lack of warchests, and lack of actual fighting capability beyond raiding.

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1356930188' post='3069697']
No, this is I am me card and, fyi, I call it how I see it. On a side note, to those of you spying on my nation, I'm going on a 20 billion dollar warchest. When you grow some balls, come at me bro. My warchest is set, hows yours? I'll see you at zi.I'll respond more tomorrow when I'm sober.
[/quote]

Amusing, given your little casualties for someone your size, I would say it is you who needs to grow some balls.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1356967594' post='3069786']
[/quote]
I mean, Pansy "ruined" the stagger on jtkode. Neither of these individuals are inexperienced, and from that it is easy to imply that they had other concerns apart from the stagger (ie other people jumping in on the guy and not waiting, which would have occurred given the current levels of boredom across alliances).

We've been [quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1356981066' post='3069863']
I mean, Pansy "ruined" the stagger on jtkode. Neither of these individuals are inexperienced, and from that it is easy to imply that they had other concerns apart from the stagger (ie other people jumping in on the guy and not waiting, which would have occurred given the current levels of boredom across alliances).
[/quote]

Yep. Ai has been Rogued three times in the last couple of weeks (counting these two) and every time we've tried to set up a good stagger and the right nations to handle the job properly people have jumped in,and busted the stagger anyhow filling slots before we could get our own nations in on the attack. It left our guys alone without alliance support. We are a pretty active bunch so we can do counters quickly. You'll note this time the counters came within 10-20 minutes of the initial attack.

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1356936419' post='3069726']
(kwell,) I'm just hoping that while you have your eyes open you should be able to see that your house is made out of glass before you start tossing stones.
[/quote]

Don't worry, my tech levels allow me to have glass walls that a barrage of nuclear weapons can't penetrate. Don't worry, your get there someday.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1356973642' post='3069813']
Amusing, given your little casualties for someone your size, I would say it is you who needs to grow some balls.
[/quote]

I know, its totally my fault that I grew my nation to the point of irrelevance and each opponent I face is either fully engaged or in pm. All I can do is build my wc to the point where I can rebuild from zi multiple times while still buying tech. I mean, seriously, you want to talk about problems with my nation, you ought to point out my tech:infa ratio: not even 1:1 yet. Learn how to be critical before making dumb statements.

Edited by kwell

[quote name='kwell' timestamp='1356988576' post='3069925']
I know, its totally my fault that I grew my nation to the point of irrelevance and each opponent I face is either fully engaged or in pm. All I can do is build my wc to the point where I can rebuild from zi multiple times while still buying tech. I mean, seriously, you want to talk about problems with my nation, you ought to point out my tech:infa ratio: not even 1:1 yet. Learn how to be critical before making dumb statements.
[/quote]

How cute. You talk of someone else having balls, and in CN, that tends to be shown through casualty count. Yours is rather small. I did not talk about your nation growth or NS. You have been on Planet Bob for 2059 days. That is over 5.5 years. Fairly certain a nation that old could very easily have far more casualties than what you have. I mean, I am almost half your size and have around 2.5 times more casualties than you. I mean,my lowest casualty ranking is more than your total. But please continue acting as if nation growth has anything to do with having balls or declaring war on someone.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1356989381' post='3069935']
How cute. You talk of someone else having balls, and in CN, that tends to be shown through casualty count. Yours is rather small. I did not talk about your nation growth or NS. You have been on Planet Bob for 2059 days. That is over 5.5 years. Fairly certain a nation that old could very easily have far more casualties than what you have. I mean, I am almost half your size and have around 2.5 times more casualties than you. I mean,my lowest casualty ranking is more than your total. But please continue acting as if nation growth has anything to do with having balls or declaring war on someone.
[/quote]

Ooh snap, the casualty card of irrelevant statistics! Yours is rather small. And that's coming from someone who's nation is younger than yours, (still!) has more ns than yours, and has 2 times more casualties than you. I mean, my lowest casualty ranking is equivalent to your total! But please continue acting as if casualties have anything to do with having balls.

[quote name='Masterof9puppets' timestamp='1356991756' post='3069958']
Ooh snap, the casualty card of irrelevant statistics! Yours is rather small. And that's coming from someone who's nation is younger than yours, (still!) has more ns than yours, and has 2 times more casualties than you. I mean, my lowest casualty ranking is equivalent to your total! But please continue acting as if casualties have anything to do with having balls.
[/quote]

What up puppets? Long time. I know my casualty count is low but then again, I tend to fight in the mid and lower tiers where infra is not as large and thus soldier count is much lower. Casualty count though is much more indicative of the size of someone's balls in CN than most other stats. High NS with low casualties usually means the nation does not war, which means they are either neutral or lack balls to fight.

I understand defending your former alliance mate, but he was the one who first brought up someone else having balls. I simply showed that no one should really throw stones in glass houses.

Most who know me know I love fighting and am not afraid to fight anyone. I don't raid but mostly because no one is really in range for me to raid unless I start hitting alliance members. So you are right in part. Casualty count is not an accurate indicator of how large someone's balls are but it is really the only one that is useable.

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1356960959' post='3069769']

[/quote]

Exactly my point.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1356932418' post='3069705']
Sponge didn't give your alliances the easy peace you wanted. He made it clear countless times that the terms would have been more to your liking, had you only fought on a little longer. I suppose, however, that \m/'s legendary fighting culture existed only when you outnumbered a weak opponent. I should know. I am, after all, a Hero of Pacifica.[/quote]

There were no heroes of Pacifica, only useful tools within the machinery. Even now you don't get it.

I grew sick of revisionist bovine scatology regarding Sponge back when Vox Populi was forming. Indeed, it was one of the factors that put me off it. There were NO terms given to \m/ aside from being a perpetual tech farm and those were his final terms for us. Period. Since any alliance worthy of being called one would never accept, his hope was that we would continue to fight until exterminated--as was GOONS. If he later said otherwise, it was to curry favor with his Vox Populi friends.

[i]OOC: I honestly have never understood the cult of personality that surrounds the man. I'm sure OOC he's a cool guy to talk sports with or whatever and I've heard nothing to the contrary, but when you look critically at the body of his work in game, read the history and the logs of IRC chats as I have, he was our version of Napoleon. Other people paid the price for his vanity.[/i]

[quote]As for noCB, your sorry lot had nothing to do with that. The NPO was entirely behind that betrayal. So do not speak of \m/ having a legacy other than being a laughingstock. I continue to spit on its memory to this day.[/quote]

Actually the joke is in your mirror. Had you stayed with Pacifica, you could have helped them avoid the trap the lead to the Karma War. Ah, but the machine part was...well that's a good question, now isn't it...where were you? I was helping to lead Ragnarok as we prepared to help out in giving Polaris the high hard one they so richly deserved and eventually got. Sure the break of the OoO led to some serious happy dancing around our headquarters, but it was just one piece in the much larger puzzle that had to be assembled to pull off the victory.

[quote]You're right. When GATO tried to open negotiations a few times prior they were met with even more outrageous demands than \m/ was (such as barring members from speaking publicly). I should know. I was also there. However, they chose to fight on instead of disband.[/quote]

GATO isn't exactly a model for anything. Really, seriously if you are looking to GATO for any advice, do the opposite. More often than not, you will be amazingly successful on Planet Bob.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1357015147' post='3070065']
There were no heroes of Pacifica, only useful tools within the machinery. Even now you don't get it.

I grew sick of revisionist bovine scatology regarding Sponge back when Vox Populi was forming. Indeed, it was one of the factors that put me off it. There were NO terms given to \m/ aside from being a perpetual tech farm and those were his final terms for us. Period. Since any alliance worthy of being called one would never accept, his hope was that we would continue to fight until exterminated--as was GOONS. If he later said otherwise, it was to curry favor with his Vox Populi friends.[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]Oh, but there were Heroes, once upon a time. I should know. I was one of them, after all.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Anyway, Sponge was indeed a hero. I have not forgotten the terror that alliances such as GOONS, \m/, and company put the world through. You raided, you extorted tech, and you willingly back-stabbed some of your closest allies. You were the scum of this planet and freely admitted to it. You deserved everything you got.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]The going got hard, after only two weeks of fighting. Sponge was not about to let you off easy. Time and time again it has been made clear to you that had you pressed on a bit longer you would have gotten the terms you'd liked. Instead you took the cowardly way out and disbanded. Worse yet, for five years you haven't shut up about it. Quit blaming Sponge for your own failures.[/color]

[quote]Actually the joke is in your mirror. Had you stayed with Pacifica, you could have helped them avoid the trap the lead to the Karma War. Ah, but the machine part was...well that's a good question, now isn't it...where were you? I was helping to lead Ragnarok as we prepared to help out in giving Polaris the high hard one they so richly deserved and eventually got. Sure the break of the OoO led to some serious happy dancing around our headquarters, but it was just one piece in the much larger puzzle that had to be assembled to pull off the victory.[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]Oh, I did try. I warned them in advance. That is part of the reason they forced me.[/color]

[quote]GATO isn't exactly a model for anything. Really, seriously if you are looking to GATO for any advice, do the opposite. More often than not, you will be amazingly successful on Planet Bob.
[/quote]
[color=#0000ff]I am not a fan of GATO either, but I'll recognize they had resolve. Their position was worse than \m/'s. It was a goal of the NPO to see them disbanded, so that they could claim in all their pettiness to be the "oldest alliance." Instead of running away, as you did, GATO stood its ground.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1357019333' post='3070074']

Oh, but there were Heroes, once upon a time. I should know. I was one of them, after all.[/quote]

Hero-sized egos only. Yours most especially.

[quote]Anyway, Sponge was indeed a hero. I have not forgotten the terror that alliances such as GOONS, \m/, and company put the world through. You raided, you extorted tech, and you willingly back-stabbed some of your closest allies. You were the scum of this planet and freely admitted to it. You deserved everything you got.[/quote]

So NPO's practice of EZI, PZI, back-stabbing, spying on allies, and other atrocities was of course the work of saints. :rolleyes:

No, if GOONS, \m/ and company did those things, The Orders made sure that no one stopped them. For every drop of innocent blood that \m/ spilled, there was a drop of blood on Sponge's hands, Moo's hands, and everyone who looked the other way while those things were taking place. Where GOONS and company made a mistake was in thinking that there might be something better--and maybe, just maybe they could chart another path and be something other than The Orders hitmen. That of course would not do. Sponge naturally had no trouble finding people willing to take us down--trust me, I did some FA work for \m/ toward the end, all that was necessary for Sponge to do was say 'hi'. The ironic part? Many of the alliances that thought they were getting payback simply on us became the same sort of tools for The Orders that we were, and if they had thought about, they were hitting the wrong target. It took them a year or two to figure it out.

[quote]The going got hard, after only two weeks of fighting. Sponge was not about to let you off easy. Time and time again it has been made clear to you that had you pressed on a bit longer you would have gotten the terms you'd liked. Instead you took the cowardly way out and disbanded. Worse yet, for five years you haven't shut up about it. Quit blaming Sponge for your own failures.[/quote]

You keep shovleing that stuff and my roses are going to look fantastic in the spring.

I didn't fail. I succeed in ways on Planet Bob far more than I thought possible. In some ways, the fall of the first \m/ made that possible. I only look back now in this forum and correct the record because I tire of people getting it wrong.

[quote]I am not a fan of GATO either, but I'll recognize they had resolve. Their position was worse than \m/'s. It was a goal of the NPO to see them disbanded, so that they could claim in all their pettiness to be the "oldest alliance." Instead of running away, as you did, GATO stood its ground.[/quote]

They resolved to be mediocre, because that's how NPO wanted them to be. The members of \m/ became anything but mediocre. We transcended mere AAs and became something more--a network of friends and a community above and beyond. Time has created differences between us and even when we were together we weren't all one big happy family...but family we were, if only for a relatively short time on the grand scale of things.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1356934451' post='3069719']
AI has quite a few good people in it, but I seriously hope you don't continue to piss on their image as well. It seems whatever alliance you join, you help send it straight down the tubes. Hopefully you never get into gov at AI (if you are just shoot us all now). Maybe your New Year's resolution should be to send your posts to another member of AI (Pansy or WickedJ are good ones) for editing and/or deletion
[/quote]

You're not the only one thinking this.... Still just a prospect, and some of us are crossing our fingers

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1356663009' post='3068691']
Pretty sure Auinur isn't ex-Kronos.
[/quote]think maybe bud mighta had me and AuiNur confused.

also good luck puppets, destroy AuiNur please.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1357024075' post='3070083']
They resolved to be mediocre, because that's how NPO wanted them to be. The members of \m/ became anything but mediocre. We transcended mere AAs and became something more--a network of friends and a community above and beyond. Time has created differences between us and even when we were together we weren't all one big happy family...but family we were, if only for a relatively short time on the grand scale of things.
[/quote]
GATO resolved to continue their existence in spite of a severe beating and not let themselves be destroyed. \m/ didn't. There's really no way of getting around that.