For the times they are a-changin'.

[quote name='Nobody Expects' timestamp='1354273356' post='3058516']
Firstly I wasn't involved in Mjolnir at all, not being a Valhallan, secondly any Alliance I have been involved in has never had a treaty conflict at a time of war.
[/quote]
Now now NE, he speaks from rich experience on convenience.

Edited by shahenshah

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1354272656' post='3058515']
Kinda like how Mjolnir wasn't a treaty of convenience right? Good luck with your inevitable treaty conflicts in the future, but with all of your fine mature friends from various corners of the web I doubt there'll ever be a conflict of interest and you'll all be friends forever :)
[/quote]

Because everyone is a prophet and can see years into the future. Because there "could be conflict" in the future, we should all just sit here twiddling our thumbs

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1354281552' post='3058532']
Because everyone is a prophet and can see years into the future. Because there "could be conflict" in the future, we should all just sit here twiddling our thumbs
[/quote]

I'm not saying that am I? While it is convenient for you to band together as many alliances as possible under your banner it will not remain convenient once your goals are achieved. I have no problem with your actions, my problem lies with the mindless hails coming from both memberships and governments incapable of looking at the political nature and benefits behind such a treaty or are choosing to ignore it so that it doesn't become a talking point.

As if this (and a number of your other treaty acquisitions) is really about friendship. Get real. You are building a sphere of power, preparing to establish yourselves as the hegemony, the top dog etc. You don't need friends, you need bodies for the fire.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1354290275' post='3058556']
I'm not saying that am I? While it is convenient for you to band together as many alliances as possible under your banner it will not remain convenient once your goals are achieved. I have no problem with your actions, my problem lies with the mindless hails coming from both memberships and governments incapable of looking at the political nature and benefits behind such a treaty or are choosing to ignore it so that it doesn't become a talking point.

As if this (and a number of your other treaty acquisitions) is really about friendship. Get real. You are building a sphere of power, preparing to establish yourselves as the hegemony, the top dog etc. You don't need friends, you need bodies for the fire.
[/quote]

Yes we have clearly lost the run of ourselves with all these new treaties you think we have signed.

[b]Treaties carried over from Merger AA's[/b]
Duckroll
MDoAP - SNAFU
MDoAP - New Pacific Order
MnDoAP - The Dark Templar
ODoAP - The Phoenix Federation

[b]New treaties[/b]
MnDoAP - Argent
ODoAP - The Javahouse League
ODP - Fark
Sons of Anarchy Protectorate Bloc

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1354290275' post='3058556']

[/quote]

I know that is the way things have worked on your side of the block, which is why everyone has been happy to get out but, maybe just maybe other people have learned from those failures.

Kinda like how Mjolnir wasn't a treaty of convenience right?
[/quote]

You really aren't one to be talking about treaties of convenience.

Kinda like how Mjolnir wasn't a treaty of convenience right? Good luck with your inevitable treaty conflicts in the future, but with all of your fine mature friends from various corners of the web I doubt there'll ever be a conflict of interest and you'll all be friends forever :)
[/quote]

I love it how people who werent involved think they know way more than those of us that were. Considering I was a main player in putting that bloc together it was never designed as a conveniance. It was a group of AAs that was targeted by another group and we knew we would be picked off one by one. Mjolnir never saw its full potential reached !@#$ happens. PB never accomplished half of what it could have done either. Considering 3 of the 4 signatories remained together it was far from a conveniance treaty.

Plague we have far fewer treaties than most. Im personally not a fan of FARK but they have put in the time to get too know us and we have put in the time to get to know them, it has not been a short journey but one thought out over time. My AA decided this was a good fit and I support that and will honor that treaty regardless of personal feelings.

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1354296840' post='3058594']
Everyone knows that each Fark GI is given the issue of one triple-layered bacon-weaved breastplate before battle.
[/quote]

Sounds delicious. Can I have one?

Congratulations to our friends on this treaty.

As for the current discussion, all treaties have an inherent political dimension to them. Alliances are political entities, so of course there are business discussions. But to imply that this is a treaty of convenience with a narrow minded goal is the same level of propaganda used against MK-TOP and Umb-TOP or other countless coincidental treaties. It's pointless rhetoric.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1354298233' post='3058603']
Congratulations to our friends on this treaty.

As for the current discussion, all treaties have an inherent political dimension to them. Alliances are political entities, so of course there are business discussions. But to imply that this is a treaty of convenience with a narrow minded goal is the same level of propaganda used against MK-TOP and Umb-TOP or other countless coincidental treaties. It's pointless rhetoric.
[/quote]

Rhetoric in CN? For sure not.

EDIT: double quote

Edited by Daikos

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1354270165' post='3058509']
Your mutual goals will only take you so far together before you find each other threatening. The enemy of my enemy is my friend but only as long as my enemy still breathes.

Good luck, not that you need it.
[/quote]

Oh wow, this thread is hilarious. First TLR speaks about meat shields. Then the ex-president of Umbrella talks about treaties of convenience. Now all we need is RV to give a monologue on the evils of the color blue, and GOONS to decry the evils of tech raiding! Don't disappoint me guys. I almost have hypocrisy bingo!

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1354306945' post='3058645']
I'm sure Fark's sheep herds are perfectly safe
[/quote]

That's part of the secret treaty. No one was supposed to know. :mad:

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1354307316' post='3058648']
That's part of the secret treaty. No one was supposed to know. :mad:
[/quote]

Dammit, I can't keep from breaking OpSec [img]http://rialliance.net/Smileys/default/FacePalm.gif[/img]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1354304424' post='3058633']
Oh wow, this thread is hilarious. First TLR speaks about meat shields. Then the ex-president of Umbrella talks about treaties of convenience. Now all we need is RV to give a monologue on the evils of the color blue, and GOONS to decry the evils of tech raiding! Don't disappoint me guys. I almost have hypocrisy bingo!
[/quote]

When can I expect your editorial on the evils of alliance hopping? :ph34r: