The Phoenix Federation DoW

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1341121612' post='3001043']
What came first, the chicken or the egg?
What came first, us not wanting our allies to help us defend GOD or [b]them not wanting to help us defend GOD[/b]?
[/quote]

I have bolded the correct answer.

Have fun, TPF.

It's good to see a majority of VE standing tall, respectable.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1341115068' post='3000940']
NPO called in everyone haha.
[/quote]

Not quite...

Though feel free to help VE out.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1341132840' post='3001095']
o7 VE, you guys are taking this on the chin. Very classy.

Welcome to the fray once again TPF.

Olympus you guys must feel so left out :3
[/quote]

According to Wicked, they're neutral now. :P

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1341122760' post='3001054']
This wasn't necessary, at all.
[/quote]

I know a quote that is used very often by GOONS and fellow DH members.

Can you guess which one I am thinking of?

You can tell the alliances who have never been in a real fight. They think this is a dogpile. 5 to one is normal, 10 to 1 is a dogpile.

[/quote]

LOL a GOON thinks this is overkill, A GOON!

Edited by Alterego

[/quote]

I'm actually surprise to see this comment from you, of all people Doomhouse gov would be the ones able to see how this plays out. IRON declares in the upper ranges and the coalition, already a bit stretched in the 50k (If I recall, offensive declarations in the 50-70k were already very thin) range prepares for the arrival of larger nations into that range.

Instead of waiting a week to sounds the GOONS or slowly bringing in a dozen alliances like Karma, we think this will be a more effective way to address a swamped tier.

[quote name='grahamkeatley' timestamp='1341114501' post='3000926']
Daks, Dodo, Mia... If you are out there. See you on the other side.

o/ TPF

GK
[/quote]

Interesting how that worked out, heh.

Glad to see this TPF, very few I'd rather have at my side.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1341121423' post='3001039']
Don't beat around the bush, they wouldn't help you if you asked for it
[/quote]

They know in this specific instance, if they asked - we would be there. We have plenty of available nations to destroy TPF's pitiful upper tier (which is already in peace mode anyways lmao)

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1341147372' post='3001130']
I'm actually surprise to see this comment from you, of all people Doomhouse gov would be the ones able to see how this plays out. IRON declares in the upper ranges and the coalition, already a bit stretched in the 50k (If I recall, offensive declarations in the 50-70k were already very thin) range prepares for the arrival of larger nations into that range.

Instead of waiting a week to sounds the GOONS or slowly bringing in a dozen alliances like Karma, we think this will be a more effective way to address a swamped tier.
[/quote]
Well, the rapid, massive assault here is appropriate because there's nobody hanging around to counter your operations. When you're facing potential counters, it can be better to drag it out a little bit to see how the enemy deploys and respond to that.

Anyway, he doesn't like seeing his ally getting hit by every alliance in the NPO cluster heretofore not engaged. I'd say that's an understandable sentiment.

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1341151719' post='3001152']
Well, the rapid, massive assault here is appropriate because there's nobody hanging around to counter your operations. When you're facing potential counters, it can be better to drag it out a little bit to see how the enemy deploys and respond to that.

Anyway, he doesn't like seeing his ally getting hit by every alliance in the NPO cluster heretofore not engaged. I'd say that's an understandable sentiment.
[/quote]

While certainly understandable, you have to admit that there's a bit of humor in it, given the source. I've watched allies be beaten to bits far more times that I'd have liked to, as well as watched my alliance be beaten in defense, so I understand that it sucks, and it's frustrating when you know that anything you do is never going to be enough. It really does hurt a little, and that surprised me the first couple times. But it's not as though Sardonic's alliance hasn't participated in a bit of overkill more than once, so there's a bit of humor in it coming from there.

Ultimately, VE was responsible for a !@#$%^&* beatdown on NpO, and I'm thrilled to watch them burn now, especially, in part, at the hands of an ally. Best of luck to you, TPF. It's nice to see an announcement here by mhawk, too. I've missed the guy. STA is cheering for you.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1341152221' post='3001156']
While certainly understandable, you have to admit that there's a bit of humor in it, given the source. I've watched allies be beaten to bits far more times that I'd have liked to, as well as watched my alliance be beaten in defense, so I understand that it sucks, and it's frustrating when you know that anything you do is never going to be enough. It really does hurt a little, and that surprised me the first couple times. But it's not as though Sardonic's alliance hasn't participated in a bit of overkill more than once, so there's a bit of humor in it coming from there.

Ultimately, VE was responsible for a !@#$%^&* beatdown on NpO, and I'm thrilled to watch them burn now, especially, in part, at the hands of an ally. Best of luck to you, TPF. It's nice to see an announcement here by mhawk, too. I've missed the guy. STA is cheering for you.
[/quote]
Given that just about everybody has taken the same opportunity to beat people with superior numbers, I don't really see much humor in it. I don't think it makes him a hypocrite, nor does it make NPO & Co. hypocritical. It's just dry strategy.

But that's just my two cents. :)

[quote name='William Blake' timestamp='1341151328' post='3001149']
Good luck, TPF. I think there are still a few around there I know. And rolling VE is always a reason to cheer someone on.
[/quote]
Thanks. Been awhile since I've seen you around.

Nice to see folks on both sides honoring treaties. Respect to VE.