The Phoenix Federation DoW

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1341116683' post='3000964']
I added it all up, VE is now at war with 5 alliances that are together 37m NS.

Maybe a little overkill, but then again, if anybody deserves it, though...
[/quote]

It might seem that way at first glance, but then you have to consider that at least half of that NS is heavily engaged elsewhere and the other half is focused on certain tiers.

If you look at it in terms of how many wars VE is fighting, it's 462 in total, comparable to ODN (463), NPO (419) and Non Grata (416). It's heavy fighting, to be sure, but by no means overwhelming. Particularly so for an alliance like VE, which is both experienced fighters and has had plenty of time to build up warchests due to their limited involvement in the last war. (At least, limited compared to us having to take DH and then Fark's upper tiers to the gut in successive wars)

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1341120430' post='3001020']
It might seem that way at first glance, but then you have to consider that at least half of that NS is heavily engaged elsewhere and the other half is focused on certain tiers.

If you look at it in terms of how many wars VE is fighting, it's 462 in total, comparable to ODN (463), NPO (419) and Non Grata (416). It's heavy fighting, to be sure, but by no means overwhelming. Particularly so for an alliance like VE, which is both experienced fighters and has had plenty of time to build up warchests due to their limited involvement in the last war. (At least, limited compared to us having to take DH and then Fark's upper tiers to the gut in successive wars)
[/quote]

470 now, woo. Anyway, considering the amount of NS focused mostly on us and reserving the ability to cycle in and out against us, I think it is a pretty tough fight. Not that we're complaining, but most of those alliances have plenty others covering them (in NPO's case GOD is mostly engaged towards NG).

Anyway, let's keep the fireworks rolling and keep spreading the green love.

[/quote]

Well we do have ~70% the members of ODN/NG and roughly half of your membership, so I'd say we're having a good time.

[/quote]

Also keep in mind that ODN, NPO, and NG have a lot more nations. 192 compared to 262, 265, and 366. So the percentages are a bit different. But definitely true enough about experience and a more limited previous engagement.

All that being said, let the good times roll. We don't mind a tough fight.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1341120847' post='3001027']
Well we do have ~70% the members of ODN/NG and roughly half of your membership, so I'd say we're having a good time.
[/quote]
There isn't a need for our side to argue the intensity or deployments of those on VE. The simple matter is they are in for a hell of a fight regardless of statistics or datapoints. I can respect that as we've been there many times.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1341121139' post='3001032']
There isn't a need for our side to argue the intensity or deployments of those on VE. The simple matter is they are in for a hell of a fight regardless of statistics or datapoints. I can respect that as we've been there many times.
[/quote]

I'm sorry I can't help but contest misleading statistics.

[quote name='deviousfairie' timestamp='1341121288' post='3001036']
We aren't letting them play with our ball. It's ours, and we don't share well. So you can stop saying that.
[/quote]

Don't beat around the bush, they wouldn't help you if you asked for it

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1341117002' post='3000967']
We're horrible. Please declare war on us also. Thank you, kindly.
[/quote]
*finds dw button*

Dammit, I'm in anarchy. Now I can't liberate Bob of its Viridian chains. This kind of !@#$%^&* always happens to me.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1341121347' post='3001037']
I'm sorry I can't help but contest misleading statistics.
[/quote]
My comment was more directed at our side, you just happened to be the quoted part.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1341121423' post='3001039']
Don't beat around the bush, they wouldn't help you if you asked for it
[/quote]

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
What came first, us not wanting our allies to help us defend GOD or them not wanting to help us defend GOD?

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1341121612' post='3001043']
What came first, the chicken or the egg?
What came first, us not wanting our allies to help us defend GOD or them not wanting to help us defend GOD?
[/quote]

Yeah, having your allies help you is always soooo terrible :rolleyes:

This is more of a: What came first, the "You're fired" or the "You can't fire me cuz I quit!" You're just using one as an excuse so you don't have to face the sad reality of the other

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1341122079' post='3001048']
Amazing, why is it those of us involved directly are having a good time, but the outside folks are all pissy.

Leave it alone people and let us have fun sheesh.
[/quote]
You imposed a sing-along from Sir Paul to the World. Face it, the World reacts angrily.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1341121974' post='3001046']
Yeah, having your allies help you is always soooo terrible :rolleyes:

This is more of a: What came first, the "You're fired" or the "You can't fire me cuz I quit!" You're just using one as an excuse so you don't have to face the sad reality of the other
[/quote]

I imagine based on your alliance history that your experience with good allies is limited, but generally when you do have a good ally, you know when to not put them in a position they'd have a hard time being put in, and don't desire them having to choose between a rock and a hard place. I am much happier knowing our allies are in a good position than I would be if they decided to throw themselves into this mess we created for ourselves.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1341122284' post='3001049']
You imposed a sing-along from Sir Paul to the World. Face it, the World reacts angrily.
[/quote]

I acquiesce sir. Well played.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1341122300' post='3001050']
I imagine based on your alliance history that your experience with good allies is limited, but generally when you do have a good ally, you know when to not put them in a position they'd have a hard time being put in, and don't desire them having to choose between a rock and a hard place. I am much happier knowing our allies are in a good position than I would be if they decided to throw themselves into this mess we created for ourselves.
[/quote]

Your treaty with GOD older than your DH ones, yes? So they knew about it when they signed with you, knew about it when they attacked GOD's allies. If they were truly your allies, your treaty wouldn't be so conditional as to say "We'll defend you when you're fighting for the right side"

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1341122079' post='3001048']
Amazing, why is it those of us involved directly are having a good time, but the outside folks are all pissy.

Leave it alone people and let us have fun sheesh.
[/quote]

Maybe because they're not getting any action? ;)

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1341122491' post='3001052']
Your treaty with GOD older than your DH ones, yes? So they knew about it when they signed with you, knew about it when they attacked GOD's allies. If they were truly your allies, your treaty wouldn't be so conditional as to say "We'll defend you when you're fighting for the right side"
[/quote]

There is a reason it is called Optional Aggression you know. This was an aggressive move by us and our other allies are already engaged in their own fronts. I know it doesn't fit your narrative well but a good ally will not make you fight a war that isn't theirs, especially when already engaged in their own.