The Phoenix Federation DoW

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1341164269' post='3001231']
That's what happens in wars guys, overwhelm the opponent through sheer strength and numbers as much as possible in order to end that front as fast as possible. The end result should already be obvious to people so why not just enjoy the fun? Lord knows we complain enough about boredom throughout peace.
[/quote]

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1341164622' post='3001235']
I would have been more concerned had TPF not jumped in the war. I don't think its piling on, they're defending their allies. Any issue I had with TPF was burned away in WWE/BiPolar, I would expect nothing less than them defending their allies just as we defended ours.
[/quote]

At least these guys get it.

Hats off to you both.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1341185208' post='3001404']
I remember when we debated CB's or whether events were legitimately in the right or not. Now we just argue over the definition or what qualifies as a curb stomp.

It's a brave new world.
[/quote]
You bring her flowers, arrive in a Jaguar, take her to Broadway... she does not call back. Maybe a bike, beer and a titty bar will work.

Its all about different vectors of approach.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1341191749' post='3001456']
Actually if people stopped worrying about hurt feelings and dropped people for political decisions we may have a better world to live in. That's a side conversation to what you're talking about though.
[/quote]
Yes I know, however I was asking starfox what his solution is, since he is stating that VE should not drop GOD, but is lambasting VE's other allies for being in the position where VE voluntarily puts themselves on the other side.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1341196000' post='3001486']
But would assisting VE really jeopardize the greater war effort? If so, then you guys have a really shaky hegemony, if one small move can throw it off.
[/quote]
Were you always this transparent, or are you just not trying any more? Yes people could assist VE. However, when they engage X alliance that is attacking VE, that alliance will likely call in support, which by your reasoning will mean that VE's allies allies will have to engage them, and then you have one side cannibalizing itself during a war. Not exactly a smart move, but hopefully you can already see that.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1341186785' post='3001413']
You could say the situation was very similar to TPF-STA in the last war. STA pretty much burned to a crisp while their fancy new MDoAP partners in TPF stuck with NPO as they normally did. That treaty still stands today - I'm assuming because there was a mutual agreement between TPF and STA prior to that war happening, so I'm not really sure why everyone gives Umbrella grief over this similar situation (edit: I actually do, I'm just humoring you guys).
[/quote]

You're correct. We discussed it long before the war started and agreed on that.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1341236215' post='3001757']
I'm torn here. In general I support those on 'my side', but I have no love for mhawk and certainly wish no harm on my allies in VE.

o7 VE
[/quote]
This is so amusing.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1341196000' post='3001486']
But would assisting VE really jeopardize the greater war effort? If so, then you guys have a really shaky hegemony, if one small move can throw it off.
[/quote]

If GOONS changed sides, it wouldn't change a thing. If Umbrella changed sides, that amount of concentrated upper tier power would raise havoc among the entire coalition.

On one hand I dislike TPF for betraying us.

On the other hand VE had it coming and knew it would come to this months in advance.

This whole front gets a "meh" from me. I personally hope they both burn.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1341244281' post='3001796']
Are you holding your breath?

Good.
[/quote]
It's always amusing when those without experience in the current VE make comments relating the past and present.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1341282367' post='3002067']
On one hand I dislike TPF for betraying us.

On the other hand VE had it coming and knew it would come to this months in advance.

This whole front gets a "meh" from me. I personally hope they both burn.
[/quote]

Tell me how you really feel.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1341284627' post='3002086']
I will say this: I congratulate VE for being one of the few alliances on both sides not to hide a big bulk of their nations in PM.

Now to put Baltus on the throne next.. ^_^
[/quote]
There are alliances on both sides of this conflict?

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1341236215' post='3001757']
I'm torn here. In general I support those on 'my side', but I have no love for mhawk and certainly wish no harm on my allies in VE.

o7 VE
[/quote]

You might be torn but your desire to hurt Super Friends outweighs your wish to see no harm come to your treaty partners.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1341413753' post='3003401']
You might be torn but your desire to hurt Super Friends outweighs your wish to see no harm come to your treaty partners.
[/quote]
That's not what he said!