GOONS DoW

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1340591513' post='2994945']
MK should have known such a situation would occur prior to attacking. But of course, that is why GOONS were held back. MK beats down CSN's middle tier into the lower tiers and then has GOONs attempt to finish it off in the lower tiers in the type of fighting GOONs knows best...Lower tier fighting. I have to admit, it is a decent plan, simple and efficient.

That's assuming that was the plan however and not just a consequence of the treaty web's natural ability to run to chaos.
[/quote]
This is how DH runs.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1340591784' post='2994952']
They'll be asking for help before long.
[/quote]
Doubtful. Umbrella will provide plenty of aid, I'm sure. But anyway, I'm not getting sucked into the !@#$-posting fest this thread has already been, so see ya on the battlefield.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340589428' post='2994920']
This discussion is underway in my conversation with whats-his-name-from-TOP. Please join in there to further pursue that point, as my above post has the rebuttal.
[/quote]

I had been working on my post ([OOC]And going back and forth between trying to get things done around the house.[/OOC]) while the conversation was apparently ongoing.

Bottom line is that we were willing to forgo attacking the alliance we were previously slated against once MK requested our assistance on a specific target. By our determination - and I'd hazard to guess that by most others' - that was all the justification we needed, and was the *right* thing for us to do given the circumstances. No part of that screams cowardice.

I've never actually heard of the game. I just pointed out that you implied, by the use of the same term, that two very situations were remotely comparable. Don't take my correction of your error so personally; it is not intended that way
[/quote]

The situations weren't comparable, just the perceptions of how two different parties were handling and reacting to them.

I didn't take it personally, I just had no problem pointing out that there was no error to be corrected (although I certainly appreciate the effort).

Our coalition at the time had no winning strategy, so we attacked the weakest link in the opposing coalition to inflict the most possible damage. It is a heavily justifiable course of action as far as utilizing an outnumbered force is concerned. Do you
[/quote]

Yet it did no favors to the alliance whose behalf you had all entered on (after all, NPO burned while your uppers were all in PM).

Of course you were intentionally leave out the "by GOONS" part of my claim. GOONS didn't do !@#$ against us, in fact you had to call in ODN, MK, and Umbrella, and we were, what, 20 nations then? That's half a Kaskus! Seems you relished the idea of a "tough war" indeed :rolleyes:
[/quote]

It was not my intent to claim that the end result of that war was by a far outnumbered force's sole doing.

It was my intent, however, to point out just what I said: That despite your collective efforts you all came up short. NPO burned, you all ended up surrendering, and most of you were forced to line our pockets post-war.

edit: Yes, it was CoJ, and not the significantly larger alliances in your coalition that were pulling their weight, that warranted assistance. :rolleyes:

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1340591513' post='2994945']
MK should have known such a situation would occur prior to attacking. But of course, that is why GOONS were held back. MK beats down CSN's middle tier into the lower tiers and then has GOONs attempt to finish it off in the lower tiers in the type of fighting GOONs knows best...Lower tier fighting. I have to admit, it is a decent plan, simple and efficient.

That's assuming that was the plan however and not just a consequence of the treaty web's natural ability to run to chaos.
[/quote]

The only wrinkle in the plan is in waiting too long before sounding the GOONS, which is something they should have learned in DH/NPO. If MK beats enemy nations until they're out of range, they can then slip into peace mode. GOONS should be waiting like sharks with the scent of blood in their nose before the first round expires.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1340593920' post='2994982']
The implication is that GOONS has pleanty of !#%@ tier nations :)
[/quote]
That's....the entire thing, yes. Do people really not get it still?

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1340566960' post='2994673']
I figured I'd stop by and wish my friends in GOONS the best in their new war venture. The rest of you going on about peace mode, war mode, RoK and MCXA and the other bountiful retarded subjects just need to step away from your thrones for a little bit. Yeah, I'm talking about all of you e-lawyer tards about treaty clauses and the other irrelevant hypocritical stupid !@#$.

Have fun guys! I'll see the results of all this madness later!

-Cuba
[/quote]

RoK hasnt posted here. I have, but I am not speaking for RoK.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1340575420' post='2994759']
Fight on my CSN brothers fight on.
[/quote]

I don't like saying this for obvious reasons but I am seriously cheering NPL on.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1340593920' post='2994982']
The implication is that GOONS has pleanty of !#%@ tier nations :)
[/quote]

We usually get about 2 months between catastrophic wars, couple that with a relatively new member base compared to some long-standing alliances around here, and yeah, you end up with some terrible nations. but it's fun.

hopefully the way we've played our cards this time will mean we won't require huge amounts of aid but you never know with this stuff.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340590079' post='2994927']
I don't see the justification that MK needs GOONS to attack CSN. Granted, MK has been well-countered, but NATO is much larger than GOONS and also has no counter. They would also qualify for the defensive part of MK and GOONS' MDoAP. Therefore, if MK needed help, and GOONS wanted to be a good ally, wouldn't they attack NATO or Regnum Invictorum? In agreement with my "kicker" analogy, either GOONS has chosen the easiest war available to them, or MK has selected them for the simplest war knowing how incompetent GOONS are at war.
[/quote]

You clearly have never planned one of these rodeo's before.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340594350' post='2994988']
That's....the entire thing, yes. Do people really not get it still?
[/quote]

I think he expected the tone to be demeaning and insulting to GOONS but I think they have a pretty realistic visions of themselves unlike some alliances...

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1334346437' post='2952375']
I hereby surrender to GOONS/VE.

I don't wish to fight a war for someones ego.
[/quote]

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1340570885' post='2994719']
Hey, this look familiar. Remember when you and I were both 35k NS and I did the same to you because I was in nuclear anarchy and couldn't declare? I believe you went into peace mode about 5 days later because you GOONYS messed the stagger up and you were afraid I would declare on you..

[/quote]

Afraid of what? That you would surrender to them?

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1340592168' post='2994956']
Inb4 roq claims the credit for it. :awesome:
[/quote]

It's more something to be ashamed about if anything.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340639197' post='2995903']
I'm not much for the planning of rodeos. I ride the bulls ;)
[/quote]
You're certainly full of bull----.

One of my targets is doing nothing. The other target has a 2 billion warchest but doesn't have the slightest idea what he's doing. Can someone clarify if my wars are honourable? Thanks in advance, OWF.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1340727886' post='2997320']
One of my targets is doing nothing. The other target has a 2 billion warchest but doesn't have the slightest idea what he's doing. Can someone clarify if my wars are honourable? Thanks in advance, OWF.
[/quote]

By definition, anything a GONOS does is dishonourable.

You're welcome.