GOONS DoW

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1340582691' post='2994840']
Nice try. Except I took exactly what you said and demonstrated precisely why it was so ridiculous. [i]GOONS are cowards because they didn't attack an alliance with more war slots.[/i] That's terrible (not to mention laughably subjective) criteria for prudent determination of who to declare war on here given the circumstances. [/quote]

You know the alliance you're hitting is an easy target; you know I am justified in calling you out for taking that easy target. I'm not counting war slots; I'm looking at a world at war and seeing you trying to play the role of kicker on the DoomHouse football team because you're too scrawny to take a real hit.

[quote]Perhaps a bit bitter that these paper-tigers of terrible fighters came out on top when you and 11 other alliances piled on us a couple wars ago? CoJ has sure shown us all up.
[/quote]

Came out on top? I recall you howling like little !@#$%*es and demanding your more respectable friends extract ridiculous reps so you could pretend to come out of the conflict with a little dignity. I guess you could call our reps a "roughing the kicker" penalty, eh?

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1340583202' post='2994847']
Was hoping this was a DoW against NPL but this is a nice consolation prize.
[/quote]wouldn't want to destroy the NPL too badly, I actually want to see how they do against tR

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340583210' post='2994848']
You know the alliance you're hitting is an easy target; you know I am justified in calling you out for taking that easy target. I'm not counting war slots; I'm looking at a world at war and seeing you trying to play the role of kicker on the DoomHouse football team because you're too scrawny to take a real hit.
[/quote]

You know your point was so far out in left field that you're not bothering to refute, let alone even address, my rebuttal? Got it.

You're not counting war slots, just using them as your sole criteria for what makes a worthy war? Again, got it.

In keeping in line with this football analogy of yours, I'm looking at the sidelines seeing a disgruntled former punching bag with a loud mouth. I'll indulge you, why the hell not.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340583210' post='2994848']
Came out on top? I recall you howling like little !@#$%*es and demanding your more respectable friends extract ridiculous reps so you could pretend to come out of the conflict with a little dignity. I guess you could call our reps a "roughing the kicker" penalty, eh?
[/quote]

How astute of an observation... in the very thread where you howl like a little !@#$%* (to borrow your terminology) about our choice of a war target (as if you have any vested interest in the matter). I call those reps exactly what they are - acknowledgement that despite your very best efforts you came up far, far too short against these paper-tigers of terrible fighters.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1340584097' post='2994859']
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=383622

^- This guy has doomed you all, he DoW'd Kaskus.

May admin have mercy on your souls.
[/quote]

He's also in DEFCON 5. :facepalm:

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1340584909' post='2994865']
He's also in DEFCON 5. :facepalm:
[/quote]

You should just let Kaskus have their way with him and chaulk it up to a learning experience :D

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340582244' post='2994833']
Low-end nations without wonders do bad against nations with a !@#$load of military wonders, news at 11.

Really this is just a ridiculous thing to say, considering CSN can't actually be outnumbered when nobody can hit their nations.
[/quote]

The sudden change of the cut of your jib, is so cute.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1340583977' post='2994858']

You're not counting war slots, just using them as your sole criteria for what makes a worthy war? Again, got it. [/quote]

Jesus $%&@, how dumb can a guy be? I'm saying your war isn't hard, and there's no respect to be gained in a cupcake war. You've said nothing to refute this. I'll help you out. If we break this down logically, like we used to in second grade, because apparently you think you've somehow proved my point false without doing either of the logical prerequisites to refuting my argument

My statement is as follows:

If a war is Easy, then it is not Respectable (E ⊃ ∼R)
Your war is Easy (E)
Therefore ∴ it is not Respectable (∼R) (by rule of Modus Ponens)

Now, seeing as this is a basic syllogism, there are a few simple but limited options to prove me wrong. You can prove one of two points:

1. It is not necessarily try that if a war is Easy, then it is not Respectable [∼(E⊃∼R)]
2. You war is not Easy (∼E)

You have made neither of these arguments, therefore you cannot have disputed my logic in any way shape or form. Any questions regarding this extremely simple Boolean Algebra?

[quote]How astute of an observation... in the very thread where you howl like a little !@#$%* (to borrow your terminology) about our choice of a war target (as if you have any vested interest in the matter). I call those reps exactly what they are - acknowledgement that despite your very best efforts you came up far, far too short against these paper-tigers of terrible fighters.
[/quote]

The term "howling" implies a pleading, distressed tone, which is accurate to describe your situation in the war which you are referencing. However, I am neither pleading nor distressed. Since you lack any knowledge of common English, I'll direct you to the proper condescending term to use for my posting here: whining. You're welcome. Feel free to use it, but please credit me in footnote each time. Thank you.

Also, are you claiming that the twelve alliances who declared on you in the NPO-DH war were bested by your fighters and thus had to surrender to... you? Obviously that would be a laughable concept seeing how greatly your alliance suffered and required assistance, so I'll give you a chance to alter or retract that statement before I mock you for how ridiculous that idea is.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1340585520' post='2994876']
The sudden change of the cut of your jib, is so cute.
[/quote]
Remind me where I have said that GOONS should have hit GOD or any MDP partner's ally and I'll take that. Otherwise, you're wrong.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340585553' post='2994878']
My statement is as follows:

If a war is Easy, then it is not Respectable (E ⊃ ∼R)
Your war is Easy (E)
Therefore ∴ it is not Respectable (∼R) (by rule of Modus Ponens)

Now, seeing as this is a basic syllogism, there are a few simple but limited options to prove me wrong. You can prove one of two points:

1. It is not necessarily try that if a war is Easy, then it is not Respectable [∼(E⊃∼R)]
2. You war is not Easy (∼E)
[/quote]

I don't accept your premises. IRON's war against LSF is easy but certainly respectable. Their CB has been near universally accepted as legitimate. It's quite possible for a war to be both easy and respectable.

[quote name='Mephala' timestamp='1340586190' post='2994884']
I don't accept your premises. IRON's war against LSF is easy but certainly respectable. Their CB has been near universally accepted as legitimate. It's quite possible for a war to be both easy and respectable.
[/quote]

Excellent! Now we're getting somewhere. Since you have proven (E ∙ R) can be true, I suppose I have to further complicate my premises by adding a condition. How about if a war is easy and aggressive, then it is not respectable? After all, doesn't the "valid CB" argument we see in CN usually, at its core, "was an aggressive act enacted upon the declaring alliance in such a manner as to make the war still defensive?" For example, spying is certainly considered an act of war and thus it is also a valid CB. Therefore, since aggressive action to undermine the sovereignty of IRON, then the war is Easy but not Aggressive? Does that alternation cover the bases, then?

Also, Ardus, the logic notations were in parentheses after the full words ;)

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340586586' post='2994889']
Excellent! Now we're getting somewhere. Since you have proven (E ∙ R) can be true, I suppose I have to further complicate my premises by adding a condition. How about if a war is easy and aggressive, then it is not respectable? After all, doesn't the "valid CB" argument we see in CN usually, at its core, "was an aggressive act enacted upon the declaring alliance in such a manner as to make the war still defensive?" For example, spying is certainly considered an act of war and thus it is also a valid CB. Therefore, since aggressive action to undermine the sovereignty of IRON, then the war is Easy but not Aggressive? Does that alternation cover the bases, then?

[/quote]
My eyes went cross the moment I saw them, to be quite honest.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340586586' post='2994889']

[/quote]
I don't think that covers the bases at all. IRON's war is aggressive. To call LSF the aggressors would be to say that impersonating someone on IRC is an act of aggression. That's a huge stretch. IRON's war is justified and respectable, but it's also aggressive.

In the same way, is an alliance that honors its treaty obligations respectable? Arguably, that is what GOONS are doing here, honoring a treaty. Their war is legitimate because it has a legal, treaty basis. Maybe you think that MK's DoW on CSN was not respectable. But let's, for the sake of argument, say that MK had an MDAP with alliance X. MK attacks CSN and, again for the sake of argument, let's say MK is totally unjustified. If MK didn't ask for any input from alliance X and alliance X had no part in the decision to declare war, is alliance X respectable for still honoring their treaty with MK? I think most of us in this game would say yes and we would save our scorn for MK and not alliance X.

Edited by Mephala

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1340576365' post='2994764']
I see how it is. Ass. <_<

edit: Obligatory joke about how Sardonic's in PM. :P
[/quote]

Ha ha. Accidental. I was really just mocking an event on CN radio the other night :P

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340582053' post='2994828']
Of course, I criticize you for hitting an alliance that is already outnumbered by its current foe,
[/quote]

So when do you criticize Sparta,NATO,Invicta, R&R, ? because they have MK severely out numbered