Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1336964202' post='2967170']
Even if the best that can pulled from the eventual corpse of VE is stir-fry and crappy beer it will still be a meal well enjoyed, maybe the scraps can go to the soup kitchen.
[/quote]

This is cute.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336964953' post='2967176']

I don't agree here because most stuff gets out before it's posted like PB for instance.

Jake: Well, if it was actually applied, then I'd have gotten everything else I want by now.
[/quote]

Actions are good to know, but they come soon enough. What really needs to be known are the reasons.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1336964622' post='2967174']
It's more like 10% rather than 90%. Most people on the OWF only act like they know what they're talking about, and the rest take their words as if it was spoken from an alliance leader.
[/quote]
if I can spend 10 minutes on IRC to get an informant of some type from an alliance and am disliked by the majority, I would assume people without the stigma attached to myself could do the same far easier.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1336972208' post='2967233']
if I can spend 10 minutes on IRC to get an informant of some type from an alliance and am disliked by the majority, I would assume people without the stigma attached to myself could do the same far easier.
[/quote]

If you say so.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1336955150' post='2967092']
Hard to surprise omnipotence right?
[/quote]
You don't have to be omnipotent to read the writing on the wall, just literate.

[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1336962309' post='2967146']
Personally, I wish everyone would pick a sphere and dedicate their resources to strengthening their sphere. This would make the world an easier place for all involved.

Something I mentioned earlier about picking a sphere and devoting all resources to that sphere. Wouldn't the game be better for everyone if we all picked a side and didn't try to play both sides at the same time? Make sense?
[/quote]
Justitia's Will be done on Digiterra as it is in Heaven.

[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1336962309' post='2967146']
Anyone that knows TOP knows that our friends mean everything to us. And that we aren't in the habit of cancelling our treaties without just cause. Everything we do is discussed among everyone active on our forums before any decision is ever made. Losing our VE tie wasn't an easy decision, but it happened.[/quote]
Very true, very true.

All the minor personality differences can be set aside for a treaty that is militarily expedient. Bottom line is this treaty is no longer expedient. Feelings haven't changed, a military goal has been set in motion and this cancellation clears the way. Nothing more, nothing less. So, let's stop speculating on what happened and speculate more on what will happen. Is it VE directly? Or someone they are tied to?

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1337008746' post='2967345']
All the minor personality differences can be set aside for a treaty that is militarily expedient. Bottom line is this treaty is no longer expedient. Feelings haven't changed, a military goal has been set in motion and this cancellation clears the way. Nothing more, nothing less. So, let's stop speculating on what happened and speculate more on what will happen. Is it VE directly? Or someone they are tied to?
[/quote]

Well, people don't like when you do that. Activity here is discouraged. I mean certain elements want to roll a VE ally, but I'm not sure that's part of the reasoning behind this.

The issue is, VE's a hostility towards alliance x was revealed, even though it's something that's been known for a long time, but people refuse to act on anything except incontrovertible evidence. I think VE would have been better off saying alliance Z was a short-term objective instead to avoid such a fate, such tactics worked for alliance M.

Edited by Roquentin

Well, I don't want to offend anyone, but let's get real here and talk about who's gonna get rolled and when. If someone in x, y, or m alliance is reading this - take this opportunity to turn the tide. Step up and say, " they plan to roll us"..."and we and our friends will do what is necessary to prevail".

Roq, why does FA require us to be so obtuse? Secrets are great, but when they are no longer secrets - use them to some sort of advantage. This is coming soon. I know it, because I know a nation focusing on a warchest when I see it.

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1337022075' post='2967407']
Well, I don't want to offend anyone, but let's get real here and talk about who's gonna get rolled and when. If someone in x, y, or m alliance is reading this - take this opportunity to turn the tide. Step up and say, " they plan to roll us"..."and we and our friends will do what is necessary to prevail".

Roq, why does FA require us to be so obtuse? Secrets are great, but when they are no longer secrets - use them to some sort of advantage. This is coming soon. I know it, because I know a nation focusing on a warchest when I see it.
[/quote]

They know the plan guys... CHANGE OF TACTICS

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1337008746' post='2967345']
[/quote]

Feelings have changed,it's that simple. But if believing yourself makes you feel "bliss"... so be it.

[quote name='Freddy' timestamp='1337022075' post='2967407']
Roq, why does FA require us to be so obtuse? Secrets are great, but when they are no longer secrets - use them to some sort of advantage. [b]This is coming soon. I know it, because I know a nation focusing on a warchest when I see it.[/b]
[/quote]

Only a member of UPN would find working on a warchest to be shocking and incontrovertible proof of an active plot, rather than something that should be done anyways as a part of good nationbuilding...

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1337029773' post='2967443']
Only a member of UPN would find working on a warchest to be shocking and incontrovertible proof of an active plot, rather than something that should be done anyways as a part of good nationbuilding...
[/quote]

QFT

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1337029773' post='2967443']
[/quote]

I didn't say "part of" I said "focus".

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1337054517' post='2967605']
Signing of this treaty was one of my happiest moments in CN, losing it is one of the sadder ones.
[/quote]

/me hugs goldie :wub:

Yeah I loved seeing it signed too, I remember Crispy and I were the first ones over on VE's boards and got it going.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1336960310' post='2967130']
We only have one sphere. The TOP sphere. :smug:
[/quote]

Technically we have two TOP spheres. They're made of brass and clank between our legs when we walk.