Please read: A personal appeal from United Equestria founder HeroofTime55

HeroofTime55

[center][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2vdsbvp.png[/IMG][/center]

Dear Ruler,

Today I am going to ask you to support the CN community by not posting lame April Fools treaties and DoW's and other assorted nonsense. This might sound unusual: Why should you not post lame April Fools Day jokes on the first of April?

CN is built differently from almost every other internet game. We have a large number of members who lack real lives outside of this addicting cyber-realm. CN content is free to be viewed by hundreds of these basement-dwelling nerds at any time and for any purpose. These hopeless people depend on this community for any sense of self-worth. I am one of these people, and I founded United Equestria in 2011. As a pony addict, I really fit this bill more than anyone.

At its core, CN is driven by a global community of more than 13,000 members - all hopelessly addicted to this silly game. Over almost seven years, these members have contributed almost 3 million posts on 21 boards. More than 1000 people come to these forums every month to access information about silly make-believe politics and other assorted nonsense.

But on every April first, the forums are invariably flooded with dumb "jokes" and "pranks." These are the same jokes that get recycled about 10-20 times over each year, and they are just miserable garbage to sort through, while making their posters come off as awful people.

Refraining to post terrible threads on this day helps us in several ways. Most importantly, you will help those lonely nerds among us to continue to get some sense of self-worth on this day. We like to pretend that the stuff that happens here is important -- giving us a sense of self-worth when we comment on whatever nonsense is going on that particular day. We depend on this to sustain our addiction to this game, and polluting the forums with the same pointless "pranks" every year impairs our ability to satiate our need.

CN is different. It's an addicting internet game driven by player interaction. We don't believe lame, rehashed "jokes" that we've all seen three dozen times before should have a place in CN. We want to keep it clean and strong, but we need the support of thousands of people like you.

I invite you to join us: Your participation will help keep neckbeards the world over entertained by this game.

Thank you,

HeroofTime55

My sarcasm meter just exploded.

And, yes, happy April 1st!

[quote]
We like to pretend that the stuff that happens here is important -- giving us a sense of self-worth when we comment on whatever nonsense is going on that particular day.
[/quote]

This wounds me.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1333312753' post='2946878']
You really depend on this game for a sense of self-worth?
[/quote]

People play strategy games like this one for many different reasons. Many people even like to learn about others and *GASP* even themselves while playing them.

Edited by Phineas

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1333319542' post='2946949']
People play strategy games like this one for many different reasons. Many people even like to learn about others and *GASP* even themselves while playing them.
[/quote]

I've learned I waste too much time on the computer.