Let a goon talk long enough . . .

Schattenmann

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1330577029' post='2930998']
Did you give them notice before you raided them?
[/quote]
:facepalm: We didn't raid them.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330576442' post='2930987']
Yes. Holy Farkistan terms =/= possible in this day and age. Just wouldn't work out.

These Lunar varieties are free to try.
[/quote]
Heh, Lunar. GOONS and FARK had a treaty in that place.

[url=http://forums.lunarfark.org/index.php?topic=1595.0]A treaty I wrote.[/url]

OOC: This post written by M night Shyamalan

Edited by Sardonic

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330577498' post='2931004']
:facepalm: We didn't raid them.

Heh, Lunar. GOONS and FARK had a treaty in that place.

[url="http://forums.lunarfark.org/index.php?topic=1595.0"]A treaty I wrote.[/url]

OOC: This post written by M night Shyamalan
[/quote]

There seems to be a distinct lack of draconian terms in that foreign neverland.
[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img]

Oh well back to reality.

Edited by IYIyTh

Wes the wise[snapback]2930961[/snapback]
"Wow this is a pretty awesome post. We don't get to read reasonable, [b]inciteful[/b], posts like this on the OWF very often do we? GOONS, how do you feel about [b]MONGOLS formally declaring war on you[/b]? Do you blame them? ... Did you give them notice before [b]you raided them[/b]?"

I decided to quote this, schatt style, because it amused me.

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330553160' post='2930787']
Of course it does. If I compare GOONS to Valhalla and GGA under Pacifica, which I did, how is a young player going to come close to grasping that? Beyond that, historical events are what create the current political climate, so to say that experience does not help one assess current situations is plainly wrong.

Example: Pandora's Box, SuperFriends, and CnG all form one massive treaty web which pointedly excludes Pacifica and Polaris. To protect themselves from being rolled individually, shouldn't the two make some sort of treaty? I mean they share an acronym. It only makes sense!

Duh, nippy. History matters here.
[/quote]

By your rationale, the most important trait effective leaders have is to have created a nation in 2006. Any later and you're not allowed to comment on situations because you haven't been around long enough. Yeah, I'd say your argument is about as pointless as it was when it first caught my attention. Your dear leader wasn't around for the Great Wars, you know...perhaps you should coup him.

Strongly worded negative posts are hurting our feelings. We collectively care about the inner turmoil each of you is suffering due to our existence.

If everyone who is upset would find the time to record all problems we have caused them directly, I will meet with our expansive PR department and come up with a resolution for each person on an individual basis.

Thank you for being here with us as we look to the future. A world where we each love one another on a deep emotional level.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330559534' post='2930858']
The problem is the former terms are not possible in today's era.

I'd welcome you to encourage them to try, though.
[/quote]

No, the former terms are still possible.

Any terms are possible...

So, basically, the very people Schattenmann criticizes accept that criticism and resolve not to do things any differently. That's fine. Nowhere does Schattenmann attempt to convert: he only illustrates an existing situation, and that situation has been confirmed by its participants.

They are free to say what they wish to say, but we are also free to not believe them or find sympathy for their position. Schattenmann has presented an unimpeachable case. We can either ignore the truth and live in a neurotic state or accept it and plan accordingly. The only people that need to recalibrate their equipment are those that assumed themselves immune from so-called "raids." Raids are to wars as Francoism is to self-justification. "Raid" is one of those irregular verbs:

TO RAID:
I/We keep the world exciting
You raid
He/She/They destroy(s) the world

How one conjugates the verb depends upon where one's nation resides. That's all.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1330579096' post='2931021']
I decided to quote this, schatt style, because it amused me.
[/quote]
There's a 10-quote limit in posts. A few times I SSed posts to avoid the limit, but then people thought I was acting like I was spying on the OWF (I know, but people are stupid) so the snapback is better.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1330589618' post='2931121']
By your rationale, the most important trait effective leaders have is to have created a nation in 2006. Any later and you're not allowed to comment on situations because you haven't been around long enough. Yeah, I'd say your argument is about as pointless as it was when it first caught my attention. Your dear leader wasn't around for the Great Wars, you know...perhaps you should coup him.
[/quote]

I refuse to believe that you interpreted "experience matters" to "experience is all that matters." I'm, sorry, but that's either a rhetorical "tactic" you're using, or it is total illiteracy.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330634928' post='2931441']
I refuse to believe that you interpreted "experience matters" to "experience is all that matters." I'm, sorry, but that's either a rhetorical "tactic" you're using, or it is total illiteracy.
[/quote]
I refuse to believe you are stonewall Jackson, You have yet to prove you are made of stone and are in fact a wall.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1330601393' post='2931165']
No, the former terms are still possible.

Any terms are possible...
[/quote]

As his been lost by now, not without long lasting short/long term detriment to the imposers.

Anyone is welcome to test my theory though.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1330625329' post='2931374']
There's a 10-quote limit in posts. A few times I SSed posts to avoid the limit, but then people thought I was acting like I was spying on the OWF (I know, but people are stupid) so the snapback is better.
[/quote]I like it, it makes the bolds seem [b]bolder[/b].

Any terms can be demanded, and any terms can be rejected.

If people really didn't care what happened to their nations, the wars with reps demands would never end.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330634928' post='2931441']
[/quote]

I refuse to believe you're stupid enough to think that what you said to Beefspari directly correlates with the above post. Telling someone that they haven't been around long enough to form valid opinions simply because they weren't around for events that have long-since transpired is precisely what you did, so side-stepping with the old 'illiteracy' accusation isn't going to win you any points.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1330703366' post='2931970']
I refuse to believe you're stupid enough to think that what you said to Beefspari directly correlates with the above post. Telling someone that they haven't been around long enough to form valid opinions simply because they weren't around for events that have long-since transpired is precisely what you did, so side-stepping with the old 'illiteracy' accusation isn't going to win you any points.
[/quote]

Typical GOONery, putting words in my mouth as if it will make your posts less nonsensical. I said that Beefspari was too young to be around for the days of GGA and Valhalla under NPO's influence, so the comparison I was making would be lost on him. That is a fact. You said that age does not matter in this game, which I hold to be wrong, at which point something in your brain seemed to think "but it isn't ALL that matters" was a counterpoint to mine, though it wasn't. I'm not going with the old "illiteracy" accusation, seeing as I've never done it before as far as I can remember. I simply legitimately think your logical flow throughout this conversation has been so incredibly lacking that I doubt you're taking yourself seriously. I have broken one of the oldest OWF rules, "don't wrestle a pig in the mud; you just get dirty and the pig likes it." So now here I am desperately trying to maintain some sort of logical coherence to the conversation, and you're simply, knowingly or not, posting completely incoherent "arguments" and degenerating the entire thread, dragging me along with you. Now you're stooping low enough to directly put words in my mouth. You know fully well that I never said that a new player cannot form "valid opinions," but I also suspect that you don't care whether or not I said it because now that you've accused me of saying that someone reading only your post would believe that your argument here actually makes one iota of sense, which it undeniably does not.

I guess you win this round, then. I refuse to partake in the old OWF style argument in which the more insistent and less logical people seem to come out on top. I still have a shred of dignity.

And no, these are not "lines" or "tricks." I sincerely find your rhetorical methods to be repulsing, and anyone with an IQ above 60 can see straight through it.

Edit: That is, unless you actually believe I said what you've accused me of saying, in which case I can only deduce you've done some sort of mental gymnastic to save your ego by justifying your posts and making them appear logical.

Edited by Stonewall Jaxon

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330709163' post='2931996']
I doubt you're taking yourself seriously.
[/quote]

Here, I made your post more concise. Brevity is a virtue.

Also, I suspect you are correct.

[quote name='Ameroca' timestamp='1330713213' post='2932020']
Here, I made your post more concise. Brevity is a virtue.

Also, I suspect you are correct.
[/quote]

I guess simply posting a link would've been shorter:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0[/url]

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330709163' post='2931996']
Typical GOONery, putting words in my mouth as if it will make your posts less nonsensical. I said that Beefspari was too young to be around for the days of GGA and Valhalla under NPO's influence, so the comparison I was making would be lost on him. That is a fact. You said that age does not matter in this game, which I hold to be wrong, at which point something in your brain seemed to think "but it isn't ALL that matters" was a counterpoint to mine, though it wasn't. I'm not going with the old "illiteracy" accusation, seeing as I've never done it before as far as I can remember. I simply legitimately think your logical flow throughout this conversation has been so incredibly lacking that I doubt you're taking yourself seriously. I have broken one of the oldest OWF rules, "don't wrestle a pig in the mud; you just get dirty and the pig likes it." So now here I am desperately trying to maintain some sort of logical coherence to the conversation, and you're simply, knowingly or not, posting completely incoherent "arguments" and degenerating the entire thread, dragging me along with you. Now you're stooping low enough to directly put words in my mouth. You know fully well that I never said that a new player cannot form "valid opinions," but I also suspect that you don't care whether or not I said it because now that you've accused me of saying that someone reading only your post would believe that your argument here actually makes one iota of sense, which it undeniably does not.

I guess you win this round, then. I refuse to partake in the old OWF style argument in which the more insistent and less logical people seem to come out on top. I still have a shred of dignity.

And no, these are not "lines" or "tricks." I sincerely find your rhetorical methods to be repulsing, and anyone with an IQ above 60 can see straight through it.

Edit: That is, unless you actually believe I said what you've accused me of saying, in which case I can only deduce you've done some sort of mental gymnastic to save your ego by justifying your posts and making them appear logical.
[/quote]

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330533444' post='2930637']
I apologize if I sound condescending, but if you were a bit older around here you'd see the difference between "strong political ties" and strength. There was a time in our history when many alliances had "strong ties," yet few held any real power. Following the Pacifica-Polaris Dispute and prior to the buildup of the War of the Coalition, electron sponge was much more powerful to any alliance leader that simply followed NPO's orders, and as a result he remained highly influential until the day he rode off into the sunset (now his ghost is sometimes reported to be heard saying a distant "Also, hello," but those could very well just be old folk tales. He's basically the Bigfoot of CN now). Don't confuse treaties with influence; they have never been equal and never will. Having "eternal treaties" with Continuum and Citadel didn't make MHA the most powerful alliance in CN. In fact, Continuum alliances only gained power when they set themselves free in the Karma War, yet slavery was all some of them knew how to do, and most of them returned to their old ways immediately following their liberation.

And you're absolutely wrong that alliances would be nothing without their allies. Without their allies, NPO would be the most prestigious alliance in CN, with a strong community and a culture built around Francoism (which for the life of me I think they've forgotten all about). NpO without their allies would still be one of CN's most daring alliances with a long history of warfare and bold political ties (Frostbite, BLEU). Justitia's Cult is and will always be a bastion of our very independent mindset and shared values, which have been documented quite carefully and are known by both those who like and dislike us. MK without its allies would still be a very tight-knit group of guys who have seen many different roles in CN's history, from LUE to the battered MK following the War of the Coalition to the careful political plotting they do today. Grämlins without PF would still be a very elite group whose technology causes nuclear weapons to do world-shaking effects. So, as a fun activity for the young learner, I want you to answer this question: "GOONS without its allies would be ________." I don't want a boring answer like "a really fun group of guys!" I want something that makes GOONS so [i]different[/i], or a particular personality GOONS has. I have already formulated my opinion on what the answer would be, and that opinion of mine is the reason I have a strong distaste for your alliance, but I'm curious to see what your answer would be to that question.
[/quote]

Oh look, I slapped your posts side-by-side so you can see how big of an ass you were acting. Our treaties confirm our influence, Beefspari was right, and you have an awful lot of words to eat. Here's a fork, Jackie.

ps. feel free to coup Schattenmann as I stated before. You seem to have ignored the fact that your idol wasn't around for most of what you speak of. He sure likes to talk a lot, though!

Edited by nippy