Let a goon talk long enough . . .

Schattenmann

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1330548978' post='2930753']
Do you have an example in which they went to war while the outcome wasn't certain? Overall it doesn't matter, because I've spoken about this situation over and over again and I always get the same answers.
[/quote]

I enjoy the fact that arguments like this come up often.

"You planned better than we did, you're weaker than us."

To take a quote from another realm... 'A fair fight is the result of poor planning...' Would it be neat to have a fair fight? Sure would. Would any alliance willing walk into a war without thinking they already knew the outcome? Not likely. It's not really rocket science to know it's against the betterment of your alliance to not try to secure a war beforehand.

Are there alliances that WILL walk into a war knowing they're going to lose? Sure are. And I give them the :thumbsup: because you make the world go round.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1330747667' post='2932364']
I enjoy the fact that arguments like this come up often.

"You planned better than we did, you're weaker than us."
[/quote]

That's actually not what I said, but if it makes you feel more secure to pretend I said that you can. I just brought up the fact that GOONS backed out of a fight that would have been tough for them. I didn't add anything to it, I'm just letting the facts speak for themselves.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1330723253' post='2932127']
Oh look, I slapped your posts side-by-side so you can see how big of an ass you were acting.
[/quote]
The only one who looked like an ass doing that was you.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1330762554' post='2932441']
The only one who looked like an ass doing that was you.
[/quote]

I'm sure you're well aware of how valued your opinion is on anything. I'm glad you're still able to [i]feel[/i] as if you're accomplishing something by posting.

Oh look, I slapped your posts side-by-side so you can see how big of an ass you were acting. Our treaties confirm our influence, Beefspari was right, and you have an awful lot of words to eat. Here's a fork, Jackie.

ps. feel free to coup Schattenmann as I stated before. You seem to have ignored the fact that your idol wasn't around for most of what you speak of. He sure likes to talk a lot, though!
[/quote]

I knew which posts you were referencing, given that you've quoted them already. There's no possible way you could juxtapose those posts and get any sort of logical contrast. If you could, you would have proven them logically instead of just saying "See! I was right!"

If you would like a lesson in meaningfully juxtaposing posts to highlight their differences and explaining those differences in a way that reflects rational thought and literacy, please take notes from the OP.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330709163' post='2931996']
the days of GGA and Valhalla under NPO's influence, so the comparison I was making would be lost on him.
[/quote]
ps. feel free to coup Schattenmann as I stated before. You seem to have ignored the fact that your idol wasn't around for most of what you speak of. He sure likes to talk a lot, though!
[/quote]
Uhhhhh, yes I was.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1330792327' post='2932529']
I'm sure you're well aware of how valued your opinion is on anything. I'm glad you're still able to [i]feel[/i] as if you're accomplishing something by posting.
[/quote]
Look in a mirror, then you'll see who's opinion really doesn't matter to anyone. Keep feeling important with your meaningless posts though, which only highlight the fact that GOONS really do have no standards in who they accept.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1330848061' post='2933074']
Look in a mirror, then you'll see who's opinion really doesn't matter to anyone. Keep feeling important with your meaningless posts though, which only highlight the fact that GOONS really do have no standards in who they accept.
[/quote]

His opinion on GOONS does matter to GOONS and to those misrepresenting GOONS.

Your opinion on GOONS doesn't matter to [i]anyone[/i].

We also have standards. You are just so blinded by your own vitrol to see them. :(
There is the difference.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1330852678' post='2933104']
His opinion on GOONS does matter to GOONS and to those misrepresenting GOONS.

Your opinion on GOONS doesn't matter to [i]anyone[/i].

We also have standards. You are just so blinded by your own vitrol to see them. :(
There is the difference.
[/quote]
Just because you have standards doesn't mean they are worth a crap.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1330848061' post='2933074']
Look in a mirror, then you'll see who's opinion really doesn't matter to anyone.
[/quote]

Even if this was Schattenmann this would have had more sting. But you out of anyone on Planet Bob have never said or done anything that mattered. :wub:

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1330868801' post='2933174']
Just because you have standards doesn't mean they are worth a crap.
[/quote]

..says the guy that went from driving \m/ into the ground to becoming a nobody in Valhalla. What the hell do [i]you[/i] know about 'standards'?

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1330882091' post='2933232']
..says the guy that went from driving \m/ into the ground to becoming a nobody in Valhalla. What the hell do [i]you[/i] know about 'standards'?
[/quote]

\m/ was driven into the ground before MM took over.

Hey Emperor Marx :lol1:

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[/quote]

Far more then anyone in GOONS, thats for sure ;)

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330894529' post='2933328']
Nippy and mrwuss, I suggest you take Sardonic's lead and kindly bow out to avoid even further embarrassment. Taking on Merrie Meoldies and Methrage is above your pay grade.
[/quote]
No insult intended to MM or meth, but i really doubt the capacity to exchange ineffectual barbs in this thread consititutes anything particularly important. I am amused by your tenacity to hold and shake (dog metaphor) a topic long past the point where the actual topic has been sufficiently discussed and dismissed. Tell me, what is the point of contention at the moment?

[/quote]
This is the second time ITT that a prominent member of GOONS has had to refer to a dead and failed alliance in some sort of attempt to prove their validation.
What do I know about 'standards'? I know if you have to compare your alliance to a dead alliance to feel good about your standards, they in fact are crappy standards.

Allow me to thank you for proving my point.
MM

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1330908055' post='2933488']
No insult intended to MM or meth, but i really doubt the capacity to exchange ineffectual barbs in this thread consititutes anything particularly important. I am amused by your tenacity to hold and shake (dog metaphor) a topic long past the point where the actual topic has been sufficiently discussed and dismissed. Tell me, what is the point of contention at the moment?
[/quote]
I don't believe there is a point of contention at this time for some of us, we just enjoying watching people like Nippy flail about like a dying tuna as much as GOONS enjoy their mercy board. It's great entertainment for us.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1330912983' post='2933562']
I don't believe there is a point of contention at this time for some of us, we just enjoying watching people like Nippy flail about like a dying tuna as much as GOONS enjoy their mercy board. It's great entertainment for us.
[/quote]
Eh, i'm not one to censure someone posting for the sake of it. It's just a shame that the saucepan bangers have a habit of looking at AA's and imbuing political significance into it.

Nippy and mrwuss, I suggest you take Sardonic's lead and kindly bow out to avoid even further embarrassment. Taking on Merrie Meoldies and Methrage is above your pay grade.
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion and the backhanded quip.

I have a suggestion for you as well.

[/quote]
How cute. I didn't bow out to avoid embarrassment. Countering the arguments of the OWF's refuse like MM and Methrage is something I can do in my sleep.

But I digress, now that I have returned, what would you ask me?

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1330890311' post='2933292']
Far more then anyone in GOONS, thats for sure ;)
[/quote]

Oh, mere mention of Valhalla places you on the podium...sorry to wake you from your slumber. Also, sick burn.

[/quote]

It's cute how you link arms in solidarity. "Merrie Meoldies" and Methrage must be really good friends with CoJ for you to throw away any standards you might have had simply to continue on in an argument.

As for Myth, you can almost map out his posting style. He hops from thread to thread to thread so quickly that he doesn't allow himself enough time to actually post anything meaningful or well-thought out. "No, don't".

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1330913628' post='2933572']
Eh, i'm not one to censure someone posting for the sake of it. It's just a shame that the saucepan bangers have a habit of looking at AA's and imbuing political significance into it.
[/quote]
Its only with GOONS we can see from the AA and know it is going to be a fail post. With both nippy and mrwuss are the only ones I have to click view post to see it, both of them GOONS with nothing good to contribute ever.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330927238' post='2933725']
How cute. I didn't bow out to avoid embarrassment. Countering the arguments of the OWF's refuse like MM and Methrage is something I can do in my sleep.

But I digress, now that I have returned, what would you ask me?
[/quote]
I don't know if I should be flattered or horrified that you think of me in your dreams.

If you are indeed in the mood to answer questions might you indulve us in an explanation of these standards you members keep refering to?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1330934038' post='2933766']
Its only with GOONS we can see from the AA and know it is going to be a fail post. With both nippy and mrwuss are the only ones I have to click view post to see it, both of them GOONS with nothing good to contribute ever.
[/quote]

The lack of someone worth the effort of a well thought out response is what you are seeing.

You are not worth a real conversation
because you bring nothing to the table except parroting what another idiot already posted. If you would like to sit down and have a discourse then please let me know.

First I would suggest you brush up on facts so you don't look like a complete idiot as you toss out !@#$%^&* as fact.

Your other option is to continue to watch as I make a mockery out of everything on the OWF. A true discussion comes along about as often as you do something worth being discussed. This thread, like all others you and the other two idiots have touched has dwindled into nothing of effort.

At least Schat puts EFFORT into his distaste for GOONS. You, Roq and myth just repeat the exact somethings over and over across 5 different threads now.

Take a break and come back to me when you are ready to pop out a thought with meaning and citations behind it, otherwise welcome back to the same.

Don't piss in the pool then complain that it tastes like piss. Take your responsibility for yellowing it like everyone else.