An Announcement From Sparta and AGW Overlords

Tulak Hord

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not in peace mode and the premise the treaty was signed on at this time(since they're still at war technically) was that Unruly would try to get his members to settle down in terms of retaliatory strikes since nuking isn't conducive to ending the overall raid.

As for war in general, sure. I'm not afraid to lose, but I will make it hurt for at least one alliance if it's multiple alliances on us. Myth kept saying it's a manner of pushing buttons and he was right with activity being another factor. XX failed to push the buttons, but the difference is, I know enough about pushing them.

edit: I have mass pmed the AGW Overlords asking them to end retaliation and send peace offers.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1329005782' post='2918668']

[size="1"]Everyone wants to blow your alliance up. Yes, everyone.[/size]
[/quote]

I don't think anyone cares that much about gato, to be honest.

Also, congrats on the treaty. Looking forward to more drama on a more regular basis.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1329049637' post='2918952']
Hopefully with Roquentin around, Sparta would actually come out of peace mode to assist AGW.
[/quote]
. . . You know Olympus spent the Doom House War in peace mode just like all of us, right?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1329065629' post='2919034']
. . . You know Olympus spent the Doom House War in peace mode just like all of us, right?
[/quote]

Speak for yourself, some of us fought knowing it was a horrible war plan (I am kind when I use the words "war" and "plan" together in that sentence).

[quote name='Richard VII' timestamp='1328947598' post='2918218']
Congratulations on being the first AA [I think?] to establish a real treaty with AGW... if they ever decide to get active in SE again I know they'll prove to be pretty valuable friends.
[/quote]
AGW has had a protectorate before. And to beat it all, it was from an alliance that a NG member founded. That alliance was Cosa Nostra, who later merged with OTS to form Legio X. AGW was part of our protectorate bloc The Brotherhood.

Olympus didn't. They came out and peaced out early because they were sick of having to follow the PM strat.

Hormones: TOP is no better, sorry. If Yevgeni wants to make good on his talk, he's welcome to.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1329027516' post='2918892']
Myth we need our own thread or our own IRC channel. This is fun.

/done with thread
[/quote]

I should probably start my own. That way I could take messages for people who have a distorted sense of history and I could correct it for them. That and a voicemail function would really be funny to hear what people have to say. Some day.

OOC: Have you decided on a name yet?

Also, Roquentin is right. Sparta employed the best strategy available but failed to act well on the follow through. That said, the other two most-actively fighting participants really didn't do a great job of getting past step 1. One probably was fun-war drunk as an excuse, the other really had none but I'll allow them to chalk it up to leadership inexperience. Hell, the entirety of it started declaring 3 aggressive wars a day into a sure-to-be long/overwhelming conflict. Peace mode could've cut the damage in half at least and very little of the "damage," they did would be lost in better coordination. In fact they probably would've done a lot more.

Glad to see my allies in NG have decided to be reasonable, despite a few stragglers who are having a tough time getting the memo and good show from my friends in Sparta.

...[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/gag.gif[/img]

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1329065629' post='2919034']
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329069403' post='2919064']
Olympus didn't. They came out and peaced out early because they were sick of having to follow the PM strat.
[/quote]

Actually, neither of you is right. At least neither of you have all the facts. (or at least you're not posting them anyway)

But that isn't the purpose of this thread. Congrats AGW Overlords on the treaty. And even though it doesn't mean much, you have respect from me for stepping up here.

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1329066226' post='2919038']
Speak for yourself, some of us fought knowing it was a horrible war plan (I am kind when I use the words "war" and "plan" together in that sentence).
[/quote]
Thank you for your personal anecdote in this alliance/coalition-level discussion. Every nation over (I don't remember the exact NS, I think 70K or somewhere thereabouts) was sent in to PM, a very few were brought out with plans for more waves which never materialized, and, yes, some alliances or some individuals that had problems with the coalition did their own thang.

[quote name='queenhailee' timestamp='1329069922' post='2919071']
Actually, neither of you is right. At least neither of you have all the facts. (or at least you're not posting them anyway)[/quote]
I didn't say you guys were happy about it, in fact I spent a lot of time commiserating with Olympus over the strategy, and if CoJ had had 0 reps or any allies that cared enough to stand by us to get 0 reps, we would have left months earlier, too. The point is: I just think the peacemode crap is always dumb, and I thought it was especially so in this instance.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1329022226' post='2918847']
Honestly these responses are so tedious. You just posted that you were having difficulty communicating with NG over the issue which led to your OP (i.e. you are in the dark) and then you lash out at someone for being ignorant.

OOC: LET NO ONE BESMIRCH THE HONOUR OF MY INTERNET POLITICAL SIMULATOR ROLEPLAYING ALLIANCE WITH ONE LINERS.
[/quote]
Physical difficulties to communicate (and I meant with AGW Overlords, mind you) =/= ignorance.

Especially when we're working to resolve the issue and not stubbornly sticking with our guns.

Cute attempt, though.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328951962' post='2918229']
BAPS, NPO, and TLR are free to back up their talk whenever they wish.
[/quote]

You fight the war you get not the one you want. They failed miserably to prosecute the war they got in any meaningful way. Trying to stage a new version of that war balanced in their favour to show how heroic they are is laughable.

edit: Im game. I wanted to keep going anyway.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329051745' post='2918961']
We're not in peace mode and the premise the treaty was signed on at this time(since they're still at war technically) was that Unruly would try to get his members to settle down in terms of retaliatory strikes since nuking isn't conducive to ending the overall raid.

As for war in general, sure. I'm not afraid to lose, but I will make it hurt for at least one alliance if it's multiple alliances on us. Myth kept saying it's a manner of pushing buttons and he was right with activity being another factor. XX failed to push the buttons, but the difference is, I know enough about pushing them.

edit: I have mass pmed the AGW Overlords asking them to end retaliation and send peace offers.
[/quote]
If Unruly wants to get his members to settle down then maybe he should lead by example. He just declared a new war on an NG nation who wasn't even part of the initial raid.

It says 2/11 on the war screen. Is it 2/11 still? For some reason I think it's 2/12. I was in your public channel and had already relayed the pm between me and Unruly.

Also Alterego, good. It's going to be a very different ball game. I will micromanage every Spartan if I have to act in such a fashion. I'm crazy enough to do it and they'll be told not to do anything until they get personalized instructions from me. Gauntlet thrown.

I am a believer in the concept of neuroplasticity and I believe knowledge is teachable(take that, Plato(renowned philosopher in Nausea.).

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329087704' post='2919240']
It says 2/11 on the war screen. Is it 2/11 still? For some reason I think it's 2/12. I was in your public channel and had already relayed the pm between me and Unruly.

Also Alterego, good. It's going to be a very different ball game. I will micromanage every Spartan if I have to act in such a fashion. I'm crazy enough to do it and they'll be told not to do anything until they get personalized instructions from me. Gauntlet thrown.

I am a believer in the concept of neuroplasticity and I believe knowledge is teachable(take that, Plato(renowned philosopher in Nausea.).
[/quote]

Roq your new AA is a one of the biggest turds in CN and even you can't polish it enough for anyone to care.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329069403' post='2919064']

Hormones: TOP is no better, sorry. If Yevgeni wants to make good on his talk, he's welcome to.
[/quote]
Enlighten me? I have no idea what you are talking about at the moment, sorry. Which talk are you refering to?

I understand it is a tangent to the OP but it would be nice if people were to speak clearly, not in tongues.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='hormones74' timestamp='1329066639' post='2919040']
Roquentin, you were at one point in time one of my favorite people in this game. What happened to you man? Seriously, Sparta?
[/quote]

Roquentin simply decided he didn't feel the need to change which alliances he considered friends when the political landscape around him did. I suggest you take a lesson from it.

Also, good luck to Sparta and AGW, I hope you can sort this raid shens out.

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1329091917' post='2919273']
Roquentin simply decided he didn't feel the need to change which alliances he considered friends when the political landscape around him did. I suggest you take a lesson from it.

Also, good luck to Sparta and AGW, I hope you can sort this raid shens out.
[/quote]

Because "Sparta is a crappy alliance" is really a major shift in the political landscape, and not something everyone was telling Roq for years.

Yevgeni: you said "you greek boys are lucky we didn't come after you."

Seerow: you didn't say that when they helped you with TOP, something TOP is still upset about.

So, to the world, a treaty with Sparta means I'll be managing the entire effort and can also do it on a coalition level if people are willing to do what it takes to win. Who do you prefer? Me or the other guys? The aristocracy of "skill" has cast a lot of you aside as tschandala.(tschandala is a term used by Nausean Philosopher, Nietszche, in his book Gotzendammerung(best-seller in the Nausean market) I offer you an alternative fate.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329100760' post='2919325']
Seerow: you didn't say that when they helped you with TOP, something TOP is still upset about.
[/quote]
Something Tulak is still upset about. :awesome:

Edited by Enamel32