An Announcement From Sparta and AGW Overlords

Tulak Hord

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='cookavich' timestamp='1328991273' post='2918525']
How did this thread turn into the Roquentin show? From where I'm sitting the announcement in the OP is far more relevant than anything related to Roq.
[/quote]
37/149 posts to date are by him.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1328991615' post='2918534']
Unless I'm mistaken, Roquentin's reference of 'elitism' specifically references in-game statistics. I'm not sure where you're getting politics out of this.
[/quote]
They like Roq for his political work and strong leadership too. Before he went off the rails he put in a lot of work for Umbrella and it undeniably wouldn't be the place it is today without him.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1328991615' post='2918534']
Unless I'm mistaken, Roquentin's reference of 'elitism' specifically references in-game statistics. I'm not sure where you're getting politics out of this.
[/quote]

You basically insulted Roq for doing nothing more for the alliance than managing a few spreadsheets, which would still make him an exponentially better leader than you, when in fact he did a lot more, as Banksy has pointed out.

I'm not sure how you plan on turning this into another pot shot at me but good luck.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1328991885' post='2918539']
They like Roq for his political work and strong leadership too. Before he went off the rails he put in a lot of work for Umbrella and it undeniably wouldn't be the place it is today without him.
[/quote]

No doubt, but they should learn where and when to jump on someone's post. I never even remotely referenced politics and nor did the post I quoted.

Roquentin should have known gov work in this game is thankless, especially such time consuming jobs like aid slot usage upkeep. He's even said on multiple occasions he didn't expect to be treated special when he returned, but as it appears in this topic, he's changed his tune.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1328991885' post='2918539']
37/149 posts to date are by him.[/quote]
Yeah it's totally his fault for being a high volume poster, not like people keep provoking him or anything :rolleyes:

[quote]
[/quote]
Yeah, that's accurate.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1328992229' post='2918545']
No doubt, but they should learn where and when to jump on someone's post. I never even remotely referenced politics and nor did the post I quoted.
[/quote]
You can take politics completely out of the equation and he still did so much more than "managing spreadsheets and secretarial work." The accusation is so far from reality I don't even know why I should have to refute it, the facts should be obvious.

[quote name='Iherudia' timestamp='1328992325' post='2918548']
Yeah it's totally his fault for being a high volume poster, not like people keep provoking him or anything :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Hey i'm not pushing a point here, i'm just saying why the thread is being dominated by Roq.

[quote name='Iherudia' timestamp='1328992027' post='2918543']
From where I'm sitting it was Rush but okay.
[/quote]

How did you arrive at that conclusion? I simply posted to correct an inaccuracy in post that he made which mentioned me specifically by name. I would not equate that with me making it about Roq, but ok.

I didnt even bother to point out that he literally "dared" TLR to take a "swing" at Sparta based on one(1), count em ONE post, by ONE member. You are right, that wasnt his ego talking at all.

Edited by Rush Sykes

*throws the baby in the coal fire*

When I was MHA's MoFA, the relations between MHA and Umbrella were absolutely terrible (thanks to prior events), I'd like to think that we turned that train wreck !@#$%*ing thread in the Umbrella embassy @ MHA into some positive action and progress to increase comms. between the two. JA came over to address concerns and to straighten the mess out, Gon and Myth $%&@ed the thread up and the fire had to be put out.

Fixing the pie dicking of others ain't easy.

Anyway, that's my irrelevant 2 pennies to the MHA mention a few pages back. Not sure where MHA's current MoFA is, but thought I'd help them here.

[quote name='Iherudia' timestamp='1328992432' post='2918550']
You can take politics completely out of the equation and he still did so much more than "managing spreadsheets and secretarial work." The accusation is so far from reality I don't even know why I should have to refute it, the facts should be obvious.
[/quote]

I think you and Natan took zoom's post a little bit too negative. Keeping aid slots usage high kinda [b]is[/b] managing spreadsheets. And with the stuff domisi runs I think it's not as tedious as it is at other alliances. Not me trying to downplay the work Roq has done for Umbrella, just to make clear what zoom said wasn't at all negative.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1328996995' post='2918594']
I think you and Natan took zoom's post a little bit too negative. Keeping aid slots usage high kinda [b]is[/b] managing spreadsheets. And with the stuff domisi runs I think it's not as tedious as it is at other alliances. Not me trying to downplay the work Roq has done for Umbrella, just to make clear what zoom said wasn't at all negative.
[/quote]

Roq actually never used spreadsheets, so no. And to say that zoom wasn't trying to be negative when it was pretty clearly an insult is asinine. Especially when you consider zoom's relationship with Roq.

Edited by Natan

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1328996995' post='2918594']
[/quote]
I am literally domisi. I worked with Roq closely for years and know firsthand what he did for us, and it was so much more than keeping slot usage high (which wasn't even in the scope of his duties in the first place but he did anyway). Given those facts you should be able to understand why I'd be a little annoyed at someone saying he was "basically just a secretary", even if it wasn't meant to be a criticism.

Edited by Iherudia

[quote name='Iherudia' timestamp='1328998261' post='2918603']
I am literally domisi. I worked with Roq closely for years and know firsthand what he did for us, and it was so much more than keeping slot usage high (which wasn't even in the scope of his duties in the first place but he did anyway). Given those facts you should be able to understand why I'd be a little annoyed at someone saying he was "basically just a secretary", even if it wasn't meant to be a criticism.
[/quote]

Oh didn't know that was your nick :P Anyways, he wasn't commenting on anything else than aid slot usage. Everyone knows Roq did a lot of stuff for Umbrella and the position Umbrella is in now is in majority thanks to Roq. But demanding respect is probably not the best way to gain respect.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1328998644' post='2918607']
Oh didn't know that was your nick :P Anyways, he wasn't commenting on anything else than aid slot usage. Everyone knows Roq did a lot of stuff for Umbrella and the position Umbrella is in now is in majority thanks to Roq. But demanding respect is probably not the best way to gain respect.
[/quote]
To be fair, he really shouldn't have to demand it, but otherwise I agree.

Anyway, the powers that be have spoken, and on that note, I'm confident Roq will do great things in Sparta and I congratulate AGW on the treaty :)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1328991775' post='2918537']
[color="#0000FF"]I still cannot fathom why any of you ever took Sparta seriously to begin with. I have been telling you that they are a bad joke since the day they were formed. When will you sillies learn to listen to me? I have never stirred any of you wrong.[/color]
[/quote]

So says the guy who's alliance got rolled by their self proclaimed worst alliance ever in a fair fight.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328956665' post='2918239']
nutkase, I already said I don't care about that. I've outlined the course of action I will take. That is all that matters. They already brought up Sparta's recent history and they won't be getting free shots in anymore. How about TLR's recent history given Rush admitted he had failed to maintain the war on TPF to any considerable extent? If the Carlos Accords wants to talk big, they better be willing to back it up. Otherwise, not accept.

Thanks, Letum. :)
[/quote]
How is Athens' performance over a year ago considered TLR's recent history?

But whatever, I'm sure we'll see if you live up to your word next war *shrugs*

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1329002482' post='2918639']
How is Athens' performance over a year ago considered TLR's recent history?

But whatever, I'm sure we'll see if you live up to your word next war *shrugs*
[/quote]
I would think by now you'd realize that things that happened in 2006 can be relevant now if someone wants to spin them as such, using this most recent war's CB as an example, GATO could declare on Pacifica for the surrender terms GATO received during GW2/3 and it would be a valid reason.