An Announcement From Sparta and AGW Overlords

Tulak Hord

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328956665' post='2918239']
nutkase, I already said I don't care about that. I've outlined the course of action I will take. That is all that matters. They already brought up Sparta's recent history and they won't be getting free shots in anymore. How about TLR's recent history given Rush admitted he had failed to maintain the war on TPF to any considerable extent? If the Carlos Accords wants to talk big, they better be willing to back it up. Otherwise, not accept.

Thanks, Letum. :)
[/quote]

Ordinarily, I tend to ignore your rantings. Not this time though. First off, TLR has never failed to prosecute a war on TPF, because we have never fought them. Second off, it was Athens who slacked off towards the end of the DH-NPO war. 3.5 months of war will tend to lose you an interest in fighting it. We had a complete and utter disinterest in sitting there for months, babysittin, hoping that a nation or 2 would come out of peace mode so we could hit them. Its the same reason that Thriller happened. At one point, there were literally zero Legion and TPF slots available above 20K for what seemed like weeks. It is also utterly flipping hilarious watching you call out Athens late war apathy because we got sick of checking Peace Mode for exits every day(after already fighting for 2+ months), while a coalition led by you was taking the "RAWR NPO must come out of peace mode or else!" line, while saying it from the gov of an alliance that sat out almost this entire war in peace mode. Newsflash bro: This is not March and April of 2011 anymore. GET OVER IT.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1328959973' post='2918254']
Ordinarily, I tend to ignore your rantings. Not this time though. First off, TLR has never failed to prosecute a war on TPF, because we have never fought them. Second off, it was Athens who slacked off towards the end of the DH-NPO war. 3.5 months of war will tend to lose you an interest in fighting it. We had a complete and utter disinterest in sitting there for months, babysittin, hoping that a nation or 2 would come out of peace mode so we could hit them. Its the same reason that Thriller happened. At one point, there were literally zero Legion and TPF slots available above 20K for what seemed like weeks. It is also utterly flipping hilarious watching you call out Athens late war apathy because we got sick of checking Peace Mode for exits every day(after already fighting for 2+ months), while a coalition led by you was taking the "RAWR NPO must come out of peace mode or else!" line, while saying it from the gov of an alliance that sat out almost this entire war in peace mode. Newsflash bro: This is not March and April of 2011 anymore. GET OVER IT.
[/quote]
never forget nenver forgivive

Athens and LOST are TLR and weren't good at declaring on Legion either. MK ended up taking up some of the slots due to the slowness of C&G's upper tier.

It's hilarious that you say get over it given you hate other people for much older things like VE for whatever stupid reason you probably have.

Want to know the full story behind the peace moding? Sparta had allies to call in. AO to name one. They were ready and willing. None were. As I alluded to earlier in this thread, SilentSpectre has been going through a lot in another world and milcom in general was inactive. It won't be happening again, but one of the plans was to hit GATO. Then PF attacked. Sparta maintained the option to call in another alliance that I won't name.

You and TLR like to talk like you're big !@#$, and you can either back it up or shut up. I'll paraphrase Tygaland, you're the brave immoral guys, and if you think Sparta is so terrible, come take a swing.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328960226' post='2918258']
Athens and LOST are TLR and weren't good at declaring on Legion either. MK ended up taking up some of the slots due to the slowness of C&G's upper tier.

It's hilarious that you say get over it given you hate other people for much older things like VE for whatever stupid reason you probably have.

Want to know the full story behind the peace moding? Sparta had allies to call in. AO to name one. They were ready and willing. None were. As I alluded to earlier in this thread, SilentSpectre has been going through a lot in another world and milcom in general was inactive. It won't be happening again, but one of the plans was to hit GATO. Then PF attacked. Sparta maintained the option to call in another alliance that I won't name.

You and TLR like to talk like you're big !@#$, and you can either back it up or shut up. I'll paraphrase Tygaland, you're the brave immoral guys, and if you think Sparta is so terrible, come take a swing.
[/quote]

When I think of Sparta, 1 word comes to mind. Disinterest. Also. "we talk like we are big !@#$?" Really? Sometimes you say things that dont make sense. Sometimes you say things that are real. Then there is some of the time, when you literally just make me stare at what you just said and go "WTF?" This is one of those WTF moments.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1328962352' post='2918268']
When I think of Sparta, 1 word comes to mind. Disinterest. Also. "we talk like we are big !@#$?" Really? Sometimes you say things that dont make sense. Sometimes you say things that are real. Then there is some of the time, when you literally just make me stare at what you just said and go "WTF?" This is one of those WTF moments.
[/quote]

Which part of it do you have trouble understanding, maybe I can help you?

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1328962982' post='2918269']
Which part of it do you have trouble understanding, maybe I can help you?
[/quote]

Ordinarily, Id let this go. But I think this could be entertaining.

My WTF moment comes from him a) defending Sparta's embarrassing performance in this past war with : As I alluded to earlier in this thread, SilentSpectre has been going through a lot in another world and milcom in general was inactive.

While at the same time, calling out Athens on the last war for not doing good enough despite (and he knows all of this to be true): Athens archon (rsoxbronco1) disappearing due to otherworldly issues and Athens entire milcom breaking off to do the Thriller thing.

See, Im big on consistency. And what I read is 100% pure unadulterated hypocrisy. Maybe you can explain it to me, but you will forgive me for not holding my breath.

Edited by Rush Sykes

I'm talking about how you and the others prance about like you own the place. Stefano's posting is a prime example. There isn't any hypocrisy since you're willing to use the same excuse I am for your own lacking performance. The funny thing is Athens seemed more interested in attacking Veritas Aequitaes for legally using a non-chaining clause when mhawk had done the same thing to them a month before than fighting the Legion.

Edited by Roquentin

Want to know the full story behind the peace moding? Sparta had allies to call in. AO to name one. They were ready and willing. [b]None were.[b][/quote]
I'm gonna through this one out to either Roq or Myth (who so graciously offered to help explain the post in question)

It’s the bolded bit that is confusing me here. Perhaps I am missing something, but did you actually mean to say that Sparta's allies were ready and willing to answer Sparta’s call-to-arms, but at the same time, were not ready to heed a request to do so?

I can deal with minor contradictions but polar opposites tend to be more problematic.

[quote name='Nolissar' timestamp='1328964817' post='2918276']
I'm gonna through this one out to either Roq or Myth (who so graciously offered to help explain the post in question)

It’s the bolded bit that is confusing me here. Perhaps I am missing something, but did you actually mean to say that Sparta's allies were ready and willing to answer Sparta’s call-to-arms, but at the same time, were not ready to heed a request to do so?

I can deal with minor contradictions but polar opposites tend to be more problematic.
[/quote]

None were actually called in. That is what I meant. Sparta didn't ask them to do it.

Edited by Roquentin

-snip-
[/quote]

I know that you're in Sparta now (Sadly, you could really do much better), and you have to defend your alliance from everyone on the forums, but please bow out. It's no secret that Sparta was !@#$ before you came, so please stop acting like it wasn't.

But yeah, Athens was pretty !@#$%*, whose bright spot was their government.

Edited by Believland

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328964663' post='2918275']
I'm talking about how you and the others prance about like you own the place. Stefano's posting is a prime example. There isn't any hypocrisy since you're willing to use the same excuse I am for your own lacking performance. The funny thing is Athens seemed more interested in attacking Veritas Aequitaes for legally using a non-chaining clause when mhawk had done the same thing to them a month before than fighting the Legion.
[/quote]

Ironically, all of that happened long before our dear archon;s disappearance, and at a time when we were actually still mildly interested, but frustrated that there were no targets.

There were plenty of targets in March. The reasons I was given for Athens lack of vigor were 1. saving people for TPF's upper tier and something else I'm forgetting. MK is very upset over the consequences of their overextension.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1328965198' post='2918279']
I know that you're in Sparta now (Sadly, you could really do much better), and you have to defend your alliance from everyone on the forums, but please bow out. It's no secret that Sparta was !@#$ before you came, so please stop acting like it wasn't.
[/quote]

Honestly, no. I wish you'd stop drinking the kool-aid since you're not a bad guy.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328964870' post='2918277']
None were actually called in. That is what I meant. Sparta didn't ask them to do it.
[/quote]
Fair enough mate, but a Lord Denning style series of short sentences works best if the individual components refer back to, or expand the preceding thought and not the thrice preceding one. And with that, I will bow out and let you and Rush duke it out.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328965286' post='2918281']
There were plenty of targets in March. The reasons I was given for Athens lack of vigor were 1. saving people for TPF's upper tier and something else I'm forgetting. MK is very upset over the consequences of their overextension.
[/quote]

The even bigger irony here is, you were getting that information from the milcom people who were planning Thriller. Needless to say, their attention was... elsewhere.

Also, it is perfectly plausible that those answers were legit. But to suggest that there were plenty of Legion targets, on the day we declared, the thread on our forums was hilarious. And it centered around the fact that only 4 Legion nations over 35K NS were not in PM. Your assertion that there were "plenty of targets" is quite simply, not true.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1328965525' post='2918283']
The even bigger irony here is, you were getting that information from the milcom people who were planning Thriller. Needless to say, their attention was... elsewhere.

Also, it is perfectly plausible that those answers were legit. But to suggest that there were plenty of Legion targets, on the day we declared, the thread on our forums was hilarious. And it centered around the fact that only 4 Legion nations over 35K NS were not in PM. Your assertion that there were "plenty of targets" is quite simply, not true.
[/quote]

I said in March, when they started suiciding into MK. And my source was ODN.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1328965682' post='2918285']
Rush, don't bother discussing with Roq. He's been trying to convince NG tri over the past few months that him actively colluding with the people hitting NEW last year was in PC's best interest!
[/quote]

I haven't talked to any of you in like a month. xfd

Guess what? MK was doing it too and tried to reason with PC at the time. xfd

Athens was colluding with them as well. Haha.

Bottom line is you guys were idiots and as kilionmillionaire(sp) said they weren't expecting any support to begin with.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1328965198' post='2918279']

But yeah, Athens was pretty !@#$%*, whose bright spot was their government.
[/quote]

Yeah I need to second this. It just makes me wanna facepalm again to see Roq deflect everything (even if there is a strong base of truth on the statements).