Worst Leader Ever 2012

Banksy

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1328527837' post='2915418']
I'm disappointed there are no Stewie nominations.
[/quote]
maybe if you raided MK and started a war that lead to your alliance being disbanded and turned into a tech farm for all time you'd have a hope...

either that or start up an AA with Bob and Joe Stupid that should get you a few

Just what CN needs, another unpopularity contest to chase people away. Hiding behind statements like "everyone gets to vote" and "it's just a bit of fun" to try and disassociate itself from what it is, schoolyard bullying. Wake up.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1328523550' post='2915405']
I look forward to polling strongly again this year.

I love the people who have never done anything meaningful being the judges of those who made it all happen, good and bad. Such arrogance from the ADHD kiddies yet again.
[/quote]
Never change. :wub:

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1328531447' post='2915429']
Just what CN needs, another unpopularity contest to chase people away. Hiding behind statements like "everyone gets to vote" and "it's just a bit of fun" to try and disassociate itself from what it is, schoolyard bullying. Wake up.
[/quote]
im sorry but the 2012 Whinging moralist awards aren't due for another 3 months, nice to see you get a head start though.

[/quote]
I will literally hold a pitchfork and torch during the voting rounds of this competition if it assists in chasing terrible players away at an even faster rate.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1328535214' post='2915441']
I will literally hold a pitchfork and torch during the voting rounds of this competition if it assists in chasing terrible players away at an even faster rate.
[/quote]

And by "terrible" you mean people who don't act in a way you approve of presumeably.

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1328531447' post='2915429']Just what CN needs, another unpopularity contest to chase people away. Hiding behind statements like "everyone gets to vote" and "it's just a bit of fun" to try and disassociate itself from what it is, schoolyard bullying. Wake up.[/quote]
[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1328533028' post='2915433'][quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1328531447' post='2915429']Just what CN needs, another unpopularity contest to chase people away. Hiding behind statements like "everyone gets to vote" and "it's just a bit of fun" to try and disassociate itself from what it is, schoolyard bullying. Wake up.[/quote]
im sorry but the 2012 Whinging moralist awards aren't due for another 3 months, nice to see you get a head start though.[/quote]
[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1328535214' post='2915441'][quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1328531447' post='2915429']Just what CN needs, another unpopularity contest to chase people away. Hiding behind statements like "everyone gets to vote" and "it's just a bit of fun" to try and disassociate itself from what it is, schoolyard bullying. Wake up.[/quote]
I will literally hold a pitchfork and torch during the voting rounds of this competition if it assists in chasing terrible players away at an even faster rate.[/quote]
Altheus, lynchings are OK, but polite criticism isn't. Please catch up.

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1328536707' post='2915444']
And by "terrible" you mean people who don't act in a way you approve of presumeably.
[/quote]

No. We respect a competent opponent (see TOP or NPO in the past). The key word being competent.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1328523550' post='2915405']
I look forward to polling strongly again this year.

I love the people who have never done anything meaningful being the judges of those who made it all happen, good and bad. Such arrogance from the ADHD kiddies yet again.
[/quote]

hey no need for ooc attacks, im pretty sure some of them do have adhd and that's not funny to joke about okay!

[/quote]

Altheus, you just have to realize that the entire operation is a giant circle jerk of hate perpetuated by !@#$ bags of mediocrity afflicted with delusions of elitism, most of whom who are in dire need of enema concoctions of self-reflection and empathy, all of which is done in a laughable effort to boost their own self-esteem and status within the eyes of the pack and it's sycophants.

Surely you've noticed that MK's greatest weapon is their active membership and since humans are herd-like creatures most affected by social sentiment, they leverage the quantity (but rarely the quality) of their voices to set the tone of who is "in" and who is "out", it's how they've remained at the center of the post-Karma political landscape and manage push their opinions across their allies to assist in advancing their agenda.

Which is why if you look at the nominations, while most are truly terrible leaders, quite a few are just those who've stood in opposition to MK and their fellow hurr-durrers. Or at least the nominee is a person the nominator doesn't like.

But once you get past all that, it's really a lot of fun.

MK will skewer anyone who gets enough votes, be it friend, foe, or their own members. They welcome any and all and as long as said person doesn't act like an asshat, their voice will be heard. In that respect, it makes a complete travesty of polling into a more fair, or at least fun, experience.

Really, you should check it out. It's akin to watching some one fall down the stairs, you don't want to laugh, but you do.

I'm looking forward to the results.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1328508907' post='2915336']
It's so difficult to stop at just 15 nominations.
[/quote]
Ugh, right? Up it to 30. I'll still have trouble fitting them all in...

[/quote]
Meh, it is fun. The people who actually advance are the legit bad leaders; just because they're your friends doesn't mean they aren't bad. Hell, I nominated some of my friends, and others I would have but didn't bother with because they're going to get in regardless. If people take it serious, they should read their debate threads and pick up on the criticisms, then make some changes in their style. And tbh, it should be everyone's goal to improve, so they should read them.

Edited by Gibsonator21

Eh, my only fear with this is that the political element will be rather strong, but also because people are gonna focus on somebody who made one bad move amid a career of decency or even success. The winner deserves to be somebody like Ramiras Maximus or Peggy Sue, people who's idiocy (or in Ram's case, insanity) was rather wholesome and complete rather than one defining bad move like Ilyani. Although RyanGDI and TOLWYN both deserve a shot.

[quote author=Banksy link=topic=41568.msg643419#msg643419 date=1328492788]
Walkerninja (ODN)
GunneR (MK)
Airme (NAAC)
Crymson (TOP)
Dr d david banner (is this the correct name) for the worst spy ring ever)
Skippy (TIO, FIRE)
The_arbiter (The Legion)
Francesca (The Crimson Guard)
Cortath (NPO)
[b]Methrage (everything he's been in)[/b]
Golan 1st (ODN, DAWN)
Shilo (DAWN)
VL (Legion)
SAM (MCXA)
ironchef (GGA)

i'll be back
[/quote]

With Banksy's endorsement, I think I've got this won. Have fun deciding how big of a margin I win at. :P

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1328561190' post='2915548']
The winner deserves to be somebody like Ramiras Maximus or Peggy Sue, people who's idiocy (or in Ram's case, insanity) was rather wholesome and complete rather than one defining bad move like Ilyani. Although RyanGDI and TOLWYN both deserve a shot.
[/quote]

I agree. I hope we look at an entire body of work, instead of a single highlight. I also hope we can look at actual moves as a a leader, and not get tangled up in the posts that person makes, or the views that person carries (someone like HoT doesn't really need to win. He sucks, but he really hasn't done anything shockingly awful as a leader).

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1328513240' post='2915375']
I look forward to winning in a clear sweep. Believe.
[/quote]

If only I could campaign for myself. I think i'm still goblin'd over there.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1328562296' post='2915556']
If only I could campaign for myself. I think i'm still goblin'd over there.
[/quote]

For the record, anyone campaigning for themselves on the boards will be banned for it, similar to the ruling of last year's WPE contest rules. Cheerleading yourself is just annoying and bad posting.

[/quote]

If you can find several players who were 'chased away' for the WAE and WPE contests, please tell me, otherwise this argument has no merit without any evidence backing it.

If leaders are too scared to take insults that their leadership may be poor, then they really shouldn't be in leadership positions, because having a little thick skin is a [i]necessary[/i] skill to have as a government leader.