Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the persecution of [u]A former Empress[/u] by the government of Ragnarok (and for OOC reasons, of all things!) to be shameful and disgusting and I'm hoping that the membership of Ragnarok will clearly stand together to right the wrongs committed on their behalf by their clearly evil government.

:smug:

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1328574751' post='2915701']
I find the persecution of [u]A former Empress[/u] by the government of Ragnarok (and for OOC reasons, of all things!) to be shameful and disgusting and I'm hoping that the membership of Ragnarok will clearly stand together to right the wrongs committed on their behalf by their clearly evil government.

:smug:
[/quote]

I see what you did there...

Interesting turn of events Ragnarok.. Bravo.. Way to throw a member under the bus.. Tried getting them back and now.. Eh, this is your future.. You won't last very long the way things are already looking.. Good luck.. You will need it to even survive this year..

[quote name='LordDarknessOfLight' timestamp='1328581154' post='2915827']
Interesting turn of events Ragnarok.. Bravo.. Way to throw a member under the bus.. Tried getting them back and now.. Eh, this is your future.. You won't last very long the way things are already looking.. Good luck.. You will need it to even survive this year..
[/quote]

This post implies they actually tried to get her back. As of my speaking with 1337 earlier today, neither Adel nor anyone else in RoK has yet to actually approach him directly yet. Every attempt to come to a reasonable conclusion thus far has been initiated by 1337guy. Even this most recent apparent declaration of Kaitlink as a ghost has been made with total silence with regards to the Kingdom. Despite our obvious involvement with the situation, RoK is clearly making no effort to keep us apprised of the situation or resolve it any other way.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1328581832' post='2915837']
This post implies they actually tried to get her back. As of my speaking with 1337 earlier today, neither Adel nor anyone else in RoK has yet to actually approach him directly yet. Every attempt to come to a reasonable conclusion thus far has been initiated by 1337guy. Even this most recent apparent declaration of Kaitlink as a ghost has been made with total silence with regards to the Kingdom. Despite our obvious involvement with the situation, RoK is clearly making no effort to keep us apprised of the situation or resolve it any other way.
[/quote]

There were no talks? I thought.. Nvm. Well, it is what it is.. At least Mushroom Kingdom will do something and not stand there. Wait, so what happened to Rampage then? Im curious about that as he did say he will try to get talks going between the two alliances.

[quote name='LordDarknessOfLight' timestamp='1328581154' post='2915827']
[/quote]

I want to know a whole lot more about this most recent turn of events before coming to any conclusions about it. If indeed the former Empress was given up to save the alliance, then it is a very high price to pay indeed.

[quote name='LordDarknessOfLight' timestamp='1328582782' post='2915847']
There were no talks? I thought.. Nvm. Well, it is what it is.. At least Mushroom Kingdom will do something and not stand there. Wait, so what happened to Rampage then? Im curious about that as he did say he will try to get talks going between the two alliances.
[/quote]

There were some talks, each initiated by 1337. Nobody has approached him directly, and as far as I know, anybody else in MK either. Either way there have been no talks regarding this recent apparent change of heart by RoK, we're all as confused as anyone else as to their sudden change.

Considering I was told by Hoo a week ago that they're both leaving, it's not that big a surprise. No point playing MK's losing game over this if the nation in question isn't going to exist next week. It doesn't change the behavior of Bob, Joe, or MK in regards to OOC attacks.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1328574751' post='2915701']

[/quote]

And when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown.

[b]"Enjoy your Harvest"[/b]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1328584682' post='2915868']
Considering I was told by Hoo a week ago that they're both leaving, it's not that big a surprise. No point playing MK's losing game over this if the nation in question isn't going to exist next week. It doesn't change the behavior of Bob, Joe, or MK in regards to [color="#FF0000"]**can not quote**[/color]
[/quote]
You do realise how ridiculous your arguments here are don't you?

I get that you've invested a lot of energy and your "weight" (whatever that's worth these days) into supporting Rok in this affair. But even you should have the sense to know when your talking points are no longer valid.

"We can't protect a nation we feel is worth protecting so we'll attack them instead"...
Even that is ridiculous. If playing "MK's losing game" is the problem they could have instead opted to not offer protection in the first place, ended the offer for protection, continued not protecting the nation (Rok didn't militarily respond to the attack. Partly because it would be deemed an act of aggression).

Rok's position in this entire ordeal has been utterly indefensible to anybody with an ounce of common sense. That fact is more apparent now than ever.

Edited by Blacky

[quote name='Blacky' timestamp='1328585440' post='2915876']
You do realise how ridiculous your arguments here are don't you?

I get that you've invested a lot of energy and your "weight" (whatever that's worth these days) into supporting Rok in this affair. But even you should have the sense to know when your talking points are no longer valid.

"We can't protect a nation we feel is worth protecting so we'll attack them instead"...
Even that is ridiculous. If playing "MK's losing game" is the problem they could have instead opted to not offer protection in the first place, ended the offer for protection, continued not protecting the nation (Rok didn't militarily respond to the attack. Partly because it would be deemed an act of aggression).

Rok's position in this entire ordeal has been utterly indefensible to anybody with an ounce of common sense. That fact is more apparent now than ever.
[/quote]
As Hal said:
[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1328583230' post='2915849']
I want to know a whole lot more about this most recent turn of events before coming to any conclusions about it. If indeed the former Empress was given up to save the alliance, then it is a very high price to pay indeed.
[/quote]
But given that (to my current knowledge) neither Kait nor Hoo intend to exist as soon as possible, it is, as I said, not really all that surprising that RoK took the easy road. Given their nordic volksgeist, it's not really that odd that they'd take her slots as opposed to letting MK have them. It's not that big of a leap, Blacky. We're talking about people that put their dead on boats and then set the boats on fire.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='LordDarknessOfLight' timestamp='1328582782' post='2915847']
[/quote]

Rampage left Ragnarok.