Mjolnir Announcement

twodivine

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1327852106' post='2909447']
Anyone else find it ironic/funny that Ragnarok (The name of the Viking Doomsday) caused the doom of a Viking based bloc? No one? Really? Ok -goes and sits back in the geek corner-
[/quote]

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1327853148' post='2909454']
MJ from my vantage point MJ looked like a very effective bloc for its members. If Rok was the problem why not kick them out?
[/quote]

That is not what happened.

[quote name='Regent of Omerta' timestamp='1327854303' post='2909470']
Who are you? Clearly nobody of any significance.
[/quote]

I'm sorry but this is either the worst attempt at humor that I've had the misfortune of reading in a while or you're just woefully ignorant of Planet Bob. Neither would surprise me honestly.

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1327854754' post='2909475']
I'm sorry but this is either the worst attempt at humor that I've had the misfortune of reading in a while or you're just woefully ignorant of Planet Bob. Neither would surprise me honestly.
[/quote]
nvm

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1327854754' post='2909475']
[/quote]
Clearly, you need to read more stuff around here if you think that's bad. You can even comment on it now that it seems you guys are off the radio silence.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1327852673' post='2909452']
You should be thankfull your able to receive any aid atm for YOUR rebuilding. I would be calling Joe or Bob up thanking them.
[/quote]

It wasn't going to be accepted, Joe and/or Bob may have pushed for the dropping of it I don't know, but it's not like it was going to be accepted anyway.

[quote]
The Bloc we formed as a counter weight to SF. CSN and GOD fed the hate and pushed it further. I was always in favor of this bloc as it should of made people think twice before hitting the members of this bloc.
[/quote]

Fair enough but:

[quote]
Bob you dont have any idea what your talking about. Val leaving came up just after the war was concluded with SF. Well prior to all this BS going down. There are a multitude of reasons for it but the final straw occurred at the closing of the sf front. Hit me up ill fill you in sometime.
[/quote]

So you agree it's not just "Mission accomplished, time to move on".

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1327855296' post='2909484']
It wasn't going to be accepted, Joe and/or Bob may have pushed for the dropping of it I don't know, but it's not like it was going to be accepted anyway.

Fair enough but:

So you agree it's not just "Mission accomplished, time to move on".
[/quote]
Then we should have still been at war as far as im concerned. GOD should have never crawled away from this war with WP. The no aid clause was more than fair and just, and is far better than we would have received if we would have lost. Hell most people in here were pissed when Val received 90 days no aid as it was way to light yet most of you cried over 30 days. BOO !@#$@#$ HOO. Should have never happened.

Mission accomplished, absolutely it was. Do I believe that this bloc could have done bigger things yes I do. The internal issues started and instead of continuing on with a semi dysfunctional bloc we leave with a 1-0 record. There were a multitude of issues that caused this decision and I am sad to see MJ go but everything has its time, unfortunately MJs was short lived.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1327855201' post='2909480']
Clearly, you need to read more stuff around here if you think that's bad. You can even comment on it now that it seems you guys are off the radio silence.
[/quote]

Actually, I think it's more indicative of the fact that I should continue /avoiding/ the stuff around here. Also would you mind finding more information on this GOD radio silence for me? To be quite honest with you, I've got the feeling what you see as a radio-silence is in fact most of us just agreeing that these parts have become a cesspool (moreso than they were historically.)

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1327855892' post='2909492']
What? Quit talking out of your ass.
[/quote]
Im sorry didnt know you were privy to everything Zoom. Of course im performing rectal gymnastics because god only knows I wouldnt have any knowledge of what should or shouldn't have happened and you being in NG of course gives you all the information on what was and wasnt agreed upon internally right?

Joe Stupid: You're a real cretin.

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1327831591' post='2909363']
This has primarily to do with a number of internal and in-bloc problems that have plagued MJ for a while which have made the bloc untenable right now.
[/quote]
Yeah, [i]who woulda guessed[/i] that signing all kind of external treaties the same week the bloc was formed would have resulted in this? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1327849278' post='2909426']
The question now seems to be one of which direction the former participants will be drawn in. I wish the best to my friends and acquaintances in the respective alliances.

As for what happens next, it's no secret VE wants to destroy Ragnarok. Can Ragnarok maneuver quickly enough to evade VE? It will be interesting to watch.
[/quote]
Serious question: Regardless of how bad VE wants RoK, can they pull it off? They've been in every major war for the past year, and despite winning they've lost members every time (10% in the Polar war). Do they have the resources?

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1327855816' post='2909490']
Mission accomplished, absolutely it was. Do I believe that this bloc could have done bigger things yes I do. The internal issues started and instead of continuing on with a semi dysfunctional bloc we leave with a 1-0 record. There were a multitude of issues that caused this decision and I am sad to see MJ go but everything has its time, unfortunately MJs was short lived.
[/quote]
Buds you're a cool guy so understand I'm not asking this to piss you off but as a serious question: How much of a victory can this really be considered? It's Pyrrhic at best. You won the war, but you didn't win anything.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1327852106' post='2909447']
Anyone else find it ironic/funny that Ragnarok (The name of the Viking Doomsday) caused the doom of a Viking based bloc? No one? Really? Ok -goes and sits back in the geek corner-
[/quote]

Lol. Don't worry, you're not the only one. I had the same thought.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1327852166' post='2909448']
I see talking from your ass is becoming quite the habit for you. I'll refrain from correcting the mistakes in your post and just leave you with a little tip. When you start a post calling someone ill-informed you really should make sure you have a clue of what you're talking about. Else you will just look like an idio.. ow.. well nevermind, didn't change much.
[/quote]

Don't mind Cuba, he is now as he always has been, toothless.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1327861276' post='2909555']
So with this cancellation which ex-Mj members are no longer tied through individual treaties?
[/quote]
You mean now, or after the next 24 hours? Things have been changing rather rapidly with Ragnarok of late... hard to tell, with them.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1327855816' post='2909490']
Then we should have still been at war as far as im concerned. GOD should have never crawled away from this war with WP. The no aid clause was more than fair and just, and is far better than we would have received if we would have lost. Hell most people in here were pissed when Val received 90 days no aid as it was way to light yet most of you cried over 30 days. BOO !@#$@#$ HOO. Should have never happened.

[/quote]

You'll get no argument from me on that, perhaps we should have been. But we aren't you presented terms, we denied them you lowered them and we decided it was a good bargain for peace. If you continued you might have been able to give us worse terms. But you didn't so you haven't... It's how war works..

So I see no reason to thank anyone for wanting out bad enough to give us virtually no terms. And you the only way you can know you would have gotten worse if it was the other way around is if you're certain you would be willing to accept it.