What should my terms for GOD be?

Vladimir Stukov II

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325130706' post='2888320']
Omni replied, so no. I don't really care if anyone wants to respond or not, uncovering misconceptions in itself is good enough, so deal with it. I haven't said anything untrue so if you just want to take the "don't care" attitude have at it, but I don't give a !@#$ about what you think since you don't really care for rationality. It perplexes me how you are a leader of a sanctioned alliance. You can ask Yevgeni if I'm really off my rocker since people have been actively using OOC stuff against me. Mostly your alliance and MK.
[/quote]

You really are off your rocker.

I always keep a lax attitude with anything regarding this world. My rationale, as a result, has always been wildly different than yours. I've been a leader of a sanctioned alliance because I can connect to my members and we are all like minded. That's why dickface. It is hardly perplexing. That's why people in my alliances can actually show me some sort of loyalty.

Continue thinking my alliance is somehow OOC attacking you although you are right to assume nobody cares about you in NG. That's why we ignore your queries and essay long private messages, but to assume we even know a single thing about your life to use against you is a whole different thing. I couldn't tell you a goddamned thing about your OOC life and I am willing to bet nobody else in my alliance could either.

Next time think of something else instead of rashing out based on hurt feelings because you returned expecting everything to be handed back to you on a silver spoon.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1325132449' post='2888332']
You really are off your rocker.

I always keep a lax attitude with anything regarding this world. My rationale, as a result, has always been wildly different than yours. I've been a leader of a sanctioned alliance because I can connect to my members and we are all like minded. That's why dickface. It is hardly perplexing. That's why people in my alliances can actually show me some sort of loyalty.

Continue thinking my alliance is somehow OOC attacking you although you are right to assume nobody cares about you in NG. That's why we ignore your queries and essay long private messages, but to assume we even know a single thing about your life to use against you is a whole different thing. I couldn't tell you a goddamned thing about your OOC life and I am willing to bet nobody else in my alliance could either.

Next time think of something else instead of rashing out based on hurt feelings because you returned expecting everything to be handed back to you on a silver spoon.
[/quote]

Fine, it doesn't really apply to NG. I do know that's the reason, but you were being abrasive with your post, so I responded in kind.

I didn't really expect anything to be returned to me on a silver spoon at all. I had no ambitions to be a leader or anything. What I didn't like was that half truths were spread about me when I couldn't defend myself. There were some real mistakes made that could have been prevented with knowledge I had and that's why I was discontented with what was going in Umbrella. Your alliance is not really guilty of that, so I did lash at you.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1325127313' post='2888309']
I really don't understand this sentiment at all. You guys have been [i]itching[/i] for a chance to take a swing at SF, you even went out on a limb and declared on CSN when they weren't planning to get involved in the fight. If you want to "make us pay" then by all means, have at us. This is war after all. But don't try to play the victim card, it's absurd, and frankly, you're better than that.
[/quote]
I didn't say we were the victims. Simply that I take offense to your implication that Mjolnir would make for an easier target. Obviously we're not the victims. We're winning.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325127805' post='2888310']
Point of Order! Could the Mjolnir alliance memberships please figure out amongst themselves if SFs attacked them because of (a) a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107372&view=findpost&p=2888285"]deep seated grudge[/url] that would only be satiated by war, or (b) a "sad, pathetic" selection of targets to "[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107372&view=findpost&p=2888306"]minimize their damage taken[/url]"? And once you've done so, please present this point of view as a unified message. Thank you.
[/quote]
No. This isn't the Continuum. We're allowed to have differences of opinion even out in public. But the point should be made that SF can be pathetic and hold a grudge at the same time. It really would be a safe bet.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325130706' post='2888320']
Omni replied, so no. I don't really care if anyone wants to respond or not, uncovering misconceptions in itself is good enough, so deal with it. I haven't said anything untrue so if you just want to take the "don't care" attitude have at it, but I don't give a !@#$ about what you think since you don't really care for rationality. It perplexes me how you are a leader of a sanctioned alliance. You can ask Yevgeni if I'm really off my rocker since people have been actively using OOC stuff against me. Mostly MK and your alliance to a lesser extent.
[/quote]

A+ would read again

Anyway, I'm done inadvertently derailing this thread. I don't really think GOD should get any really bad terms since the war damage will probably be enough to set them back a long long time and they're not an alliance that can rely on its numbers(no 5000 nukes) or anything to get anywhere.

I really don't understand this sentiment at all. You guys have been [i]itching[/i] for a chance to take a swing at SF
[/quote]
Actually, you wanted Mjolnir dead since the day it was formed. It didn't work out is another story, but lets keep things in perspective.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1325119946' post='2888274']
Well, a lot of the reasons we ended up cancelling the VE treaty had to do with what happened in the year prior to the PB/NpO war, with PB lined up behind iFOK and SLCB to roll SOS Brigade into oblivion for the better part of a year strained the hell out of our relationship with PB. Believe it or not but we were on really good terms with iFOK prior to the various debacles of 2010.
[/quote]

I wouldn't use the term "really good" to classify our relationship but I think it degenerated after some noobie MoFA barging in and demanding !@#$ from us (can't remember his name I think he couped UINE later on). Besides that I was pretty annoyed with how both RIA and INT acted in the SLCB-SOS negotiations. You really set bad blood with us there.

Edited by kriekfreak

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1325020589' post='2887447']
So what you're saying is our reps have to be so harsh that they completely cripple or destroy GOD?
[/quote]

I think that's what I heard.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1325033056' post='2887647']
(By the way anyone who even vaguely remembers the old Citadel days will tell you that I had some pretty big arguments with TOP leadership. [/quote]

True.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325115512' post='2888254']
Was this post supposed to make the others in Mjolnir feel better and more secure?
[/quote]

Personally, when I put a knife in someone, I prefer to put in it in the face, not the back. Maybe that's just me.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1325163534' post='2888506']
Actually, you wanted Mjolnir dead since the day it was formed. It didn't work out is another story, but lets keep things in perspective.
[/quote]

To be fair, SF wanted MJ dead since the day MJ was formed, and MJ has wanted SF dead since the day MJ was formed.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325106043' post='2888166']

When people from Mjolnir post, I hear [url="http://youtu.be/1D5Sa2Yq-2g"]clown music[/url]. As great a job as Ardus and Roquentin did organizing and creating this situation, it's posts like these that make me say "eh, maybe it's not that hard to do."
[/quote]
Yes, because you really are one to talk. Just stop.

I really don't understand this sentiment at all. You guys have been [i]itching[/i] for a chance to take a swing at SF, you even went out on a limb and declared on CSN when they weren't planning to get involved in the fight. If you want to "make us pay" then by all means, have at us. This is war after all. But don't try to play the victim card, it's absurd, and frankly, you're better than that.
[/quote]
CSN was planning to get involved before DH pre-empted them, I wouldn't say otherwise because that's just ridiculous. Beyond that, I don't believe overall in harsh reps for anyone, I just want back what was wrongfully taken from us.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1325177318' post='2888573']
To be fair, SF wanted MJ dead since the day MJ was formed, and MJ has wanted SF dead since the day MJ was formed.
[/quote]
Which is why I'm shocked anyone would have a problem with what's happening between the two blocs.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1325168951' post='2888536']
I wouldn't use the term "really good" to classify our relationship but I think it degenerated after some noobie MoFA barging in and demanding !@#$ from us (can't remember his name I think he couped UINE later on). Besides that I was pretty annoyed with how both RIA and INT acted in the SLCB-SOS negotiations. You really set bad blood with us there.
[/quote]

Our alliances were set on a collision course the moment we signed paper with SOS Brigade.
In terms of the noob MoFA I think you have us confused with someone else. The only thing we wanted from you guys was friendship.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1325163534' post='2888506']
[/quote]
Mjolnir was made up of alliances who didn't like SF very much and who SF didn't like very much. Obviously we didn't like the bloc very much. That said, if you actually look back over the Mjolnir formation thread we were pretty civil to them until they started threatening us.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1325177553' post='2888574']
CSN was planning to get involved before DH pre-empted them, I wouldn't say otherwise because that's just ridiculous. Beyond that, I don't believe overall in harsh reps for anyone, I just want back what was wrongfully taken from us.
[/quote]
They actually weren't. It's not unreasonable to think they would given that they're an SF member, but it was agreed that it'd be better for all of us if they sat this one out. However, my point in bringing it up wasn't to debate the reasoning of your DoW, just this absurd notion that anyone in Mjolnir didn't want to be fighting SF this war.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1325177553' post='2888574']
Yes, because you really are one to talk. Just stop.

[/quote]
The following errors were found
The member Penlugue Solaris cannot receive any new messages
This personal message has not been sent

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1325181265' post='2888599']
Our alliances were set on a collision course the moment we signed paper with SOS Brigade.
In terms of the noob MoFA I think you have us confused with someone else. The only thing we wanted from you guys was friendship.
[/quote]

Believe he's referring to King Death II, who was your MoFA for most of the second half of 2010.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1325119946' post='2888274']
Well, a lot of the reasons we ended up cancelling the VE treaty had to do with what happened in the year prior to the PB/NpO war, with PB lined up behind iFOK and SLCB to roll SOS Brigade into oblivion for the better part of a year strained the hell out of our relationship with PB. Believe it or not but we were on really good terms with iFOK prior to the various debacles of 2010.

Basically I see our current predicament as being caused by the following mistakes, any of which would be bad but all of them together, hoo boy:
* Not cancelling our treaty with SOS Brigade when Arrnea took power the first time
* The Tilton scandal, we made some highly placed enemies who blame us for Tilton's fate, despite his guilt
* Not leaving RoK to their chosen fate when they turned their backs on SF
* Attacking SLCB rather than just limiting the opponents RoK would face by oAing on IAA to defend iFOK
* Not coming down much harder on CSN over the DT reps, which while we did criticize quite harshly, we effectively enabled it to happen
* Cancelling the VE treaty
* Belligerance towards Mjolnir after RoK left SF, effectively alienating our only other potential allies (possibly irrelevant due to DT reps issue)
* Signing an 11th hour treaty with NpO, which did not change the outcome of the war but did succeed in alienating the few remaining friends we had in C&G

So yes, we made mistakes. 8 of them, all of them fatal. I won't argue that they weren't mistakes, they were.
[/quote]

I don't see how the Tilton affair made you many enemies. Anyway, you forgot being closely allied to and wholeheartedly supporting, in every fashion, the likes of CSN and GOD for years. That was a very big factor.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1325184804' post='2888625']
KDII couped UINE? o_O
When did this happen?
[/quote]

My guess was that he was thinking of UED rather than UINE, which KDII re-founded and then merged into tR. Could be entirely wrong on both counts.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1325168951' post='2888536']
[/quote]

They did fight for you guys last war. I wouldn't fight for anyone I wasn't on good terms with.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325191931' post='2888689']
They did fight for you guys last war. I wouldn't fight for anyone I wasn't on good terms with.
[/quote]

They might have been on PB's side, but they also fought on the other side, which meant attacking iFOK's ally, SLCB.

All of which helped effectively end any support for SF from what is now NG.

Omni: that was mostly because Impero and I asked them to do it.

The thing is, we weren't really expecting them to hit SLCB as hard as they did. I even made it clear they shouldn't have because all those blue alliances jumped out of the woodwork, so it was really overkill and lame but they were still hitting slcb hard for whatever reason.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1325192553' post='2888694']
They might have been on PB's side, but they also fought on the other side, which meant attacking iFOK's ally, SLCB.

All of which helped effectively end any support for SF from what is now NG.
[/quote]

They also directly supported iFOK. I was there I would know.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325192766' post='2888697']
Omni: that was mostly because Impero and I asked them to do it.
[/quote]

Ok makes sense.

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1325181976' post='2888604']
That said, if you actually look back over the Mjolnir formation thread we were pretty civil to them until they started threatening us.
[/quote]

If we are getting our facts straight here then you will have to change the above to 'The thread was civil for about 1 pg until one of SF .gov threw around the first threat, our sides posts were the typical mindless hails those threads generate until the trolls(SF in this case) hit it and threw garbage around.