Nebula-X Announcement

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this gonna be another Vulpes Inculta makes himself look silly thread? Because those are great. Also stop using the [OOC] tags, it's not doing you any favours. And you might want to think about the fact that you're in the Whiniest Alliance Ever before you start complaining GOONS takes things too seriously...

While GOONS continues to blast NPL into smoking ruin, I just though I should inform people that NPL have currently lost 29% of their starting NS. GOONS have gained 2% since the start of the war.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1323528665' post='2872555']
I love GOONS so i consider myself obligated to help some of the riff raff it picks up to get a clue, Here's how you start: look up the definition of the word pubbie, look back and forth between the definition and yourself..... done weeping at the conclusion? Great! it's nothing to be ashamed of, every GOON goes through that stage. Come back in a year when you can use the term with pride

No need to thank me Sardonic, happy to help :wub:
[/quote]

Nothing against you but when you decide to get out of that !@#$ hole of an alliance you let me know and then we can discuss things. Until then you can't tell me !@#$

Edited by Timberland

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1323526665' post='2872539']
It might be a fact but that doesn't make it any less of a "trololo u guyz r crapola". Which is really all you've been saying thus far.

[/quote]

Well really its all you've been showing us. When is NPL going to attempt to actually fight ?
Your prime minister sure isn't doing it, you arnt't. Who in NPL is actually fighting ?

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1323526276' post='2872533']
Okay, ahem. Nah. We had Neb-X covered pretty well. If it hadn't been for your pre-empt, we would have grinded them down quite a bit more.
[/quote]
We didn't preempt. You had already hit. We moved in support of a fellow coalition member. A !@#$%* one apparently, but still a coalition member.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1323534255' post='2872616']
Well really its all you've been showing us. When is NPL going to attempt to actually fight ?
Your prime minister sure isn't doing it, you arnt't. Who in NPL is actually fighting ?
[/quote]

define fighting, i'm not launching GA's or air attacks but i'm sending CM's and nukes and against 3 opponents bigger than me that's the most effective strategy, if that's what you mean by not fighting then meh, i'd rather keep doing damage over time than going all out and losing half my WC in one round, if you're talking about people not even doing that then please PM some names

[quote name='Belisaurus' timestamp='1323538106' post='2872679']
Isn't this the same alliance that surrendered to MK but ignored the terms and hit TOP as well?
[/quote]

No.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1323500339' post='2872173']
While I respect your opinion, NPL and GOONS still have business to settle.
[/quote]
[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1323505061' post='2872288']
lmao,

To NPL: You're pathetic in war, you remember this !@# whoopin next time you and your gov decide to recruit our tech raids and then threaten us that we have to peace out because that nation is now a member of NPL.
[/quote]
[quote name='KemMo' timestamp='1323505343' post='2872299']
Ask NX if we're pathetic in war.

In regards to the tech raids: We messed up, admitted it, and actually even paid reps for it; your reason for hitting us is something we paid reps for already.
[/quote]
[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1323507088' post='2872333']
The lack-of-paying-reps-to-GOONS business. The previous ones were just a warm-up.
[/quote]
[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1323507306' post='2872338']
Apparently, you're under the impression rep payments to GOONS is like a part-time job. No sir, its a god damn occupation.
[/quote]
[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1323508316' post='2872354']
See the reps were like a parent taking a nice new toy away from their child for doing something punishable, This war is the !@# whoopin that happens afterwards.

In your case the money was a new shiny toy because lets face it, your nations don't have it
[/quote]
[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1323508328' post='2872355']
I'm pretty sure that "setting the standard" is generally considered to be a positive thing.
[/quote]

GOONS went in to support a coalition partner. With NPL's exit/surrender to Nebula X and out of the coalition, peace between NPL and GOONS/DH should follow. This previous incident of NPL recruiting GOONS tech raids was settled with the $30mil that was paid. Although, they should not have to have paid any reps for recruiting a nation. There are plenty of NONE nations in the sea. We are allies yes, but your behavior here is not one to be admired. @blueski, setting standards is not positive when the standards are low and deplorable.

[quote name='garcia' timestamp='1323539518' post='2872699']
GOONS went in to support a coalition partner. With NPL's exit/surrender to Nebula X and out of the coalition, peace between NPL and GOONS/DH should follow. This previous incident of NPL recruiting GOONS tech raids was settled with the $30mil that was paid. Although, they should not have to have paid any reps for recruiting a nation. There are plenty of NONE nations in the sea. We are allies yes, but your behavior here is not one to be admired. @blueski, setting standards is not positive when the standards are low and deplorable.
[/quote]
We went in to settle a score tbh, there's no two ways about that. Yes reparations were paid, but even when they paid reparations the last time they tried to weasel the deal into taking longer than necessary by demanding that the reparations go to only 2 people, paid by 2 people. I was not amused.

The incidents with NPL form a pattern, a pattern that pissed off my membership. They feel as though this war is justified, regardless of the reparations being paid, and I agree.

I doubt we'll demand reparations in this conflict however, I'm sure we can come up with something... more amusing.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1323505061' post='2872288']
To NX: You're a young alliance, I spoke highly of you on our forums from last years war when you had the massive cojones to be one of the only ones to declare on TOP. When its a coalition war you don't peace out with an alliance and leave others fighting that said alliance. Its the same reason why TOP/IRON are rolling Polar.
[/quote]

I think the more apt comparison would be TOP&TSO throwing white peace to Echelon during Karma, and while that seemed to enrage everyone, both comparisons are a bit off for different reasons. It was probably a poor choice, but that's what coalition warfare does to people. They should have just agreed to launch no more wars against each other and focus on their respective fronts (RIA for N-X, or GOONS for NPL). But whatever, more slots & dongs for GOONS!

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1323540843' post='2872712']
Fixed that for you.
[/quote]

No targets for you, come back... never. Maybe if Créole gets into the war? :ph34r:

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1323507306' post='2872338']
Apparently, you're under the impression rep payments to GOONS is like a part-time job. No sir, its a god damn [b]occupation[/b].
[/quote]
Regardless of your views, you have to admit this is a great double entendre.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1323540098' post='2872705']
The incidents with NPL form a pattern, a pattern that pissed off my membership. They feel as though this war is justified, regardless of the reparations being paid, and I agree.
[/quote]
I think that says a lot about your membership.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1323540098' post='2872705']
We went in to settle a score tbh, there's no two ways about that. Yes reparations were paid, but even when they paid reparations the last time they tried to weasel the deal into taking longer than necessary by demanding that the reparations go to only 2 people, paid by 2 people. I was not amused.

I doubt we'll demand reparations in this conflict however, I'm sure we can come up with something... more amusing.
[/quote]

Mercy board mercy board please let it be the mercy board

Get Vulpes to do it, I bet he can make it drag out longer than Methrage did.

[quote]We went in to settle a score tbh, there's no two ways about that. Yes reparations were paid, but even when they paid reparations the last time they tried to weasel the deal into taking longer than necessary by demanding that the reparations go to only 2 people, paid by 2 people. I was not amused.

[/quote]
[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1323524794' post='2872511']
Your minister of economics doesn't seem to think you will stop recruiting our tech raids.
[/quote]

If he even thinks about doing it he will be expelled, as per our public announements on our Forums that he will have read multiple times over as its stated in several area's of our forums. When I did it and we paid reps it was a massive error of judement on my behalf. I was a nieve first time alliance ruler and we were trying to get the NPL off the ground. Sardonic I'll also admit when you came to me about the reps I was not amused and did draft a payment plan that probably would take a while to pay, but it was litterally a couple hours later we simply said we would pay it any way you needed and got on with the job and cleared all the packets of 3mill/50 tech we agree'd upon. Afterward I self-demoted myself down to 3IC and instituted a decent applicant system after asking advice on what other alliances do (we are not a 4 year old alliance we were a couple months old at that stage and still were insituting systems). We now operate a seperate applicant AA, and we screen our applicants before they get recruited and before we mask them as members to ensure they have no pre-existing wars present. A nation with pre-existing wars with a recognised alliance is simply not allowed membership in the NPL and we have explained this to your diplomats since then in much detail.

If you want to hold a grudge over it... even after we paid reps then there is not much else we can do about it. I am the man solely responsiple for it, Sardonic if you want someone to pay an amusing price make it me, I'm man enough to come out and admit I made a mistake and my pixels... god I never have had any care for them anyway.

I love this thread so, so much.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1323505311' post='2872298']
Sonic, I am going to suggest you go and talk to Sardonic about this, and offer him and GOONS an apology for leaving them out there.(not that they need help, but still, it isn't cool)
That is if you didn't have his permission for this move.

#cybergoons is the channel
[/quote]
Neb-X doesn't have anything to apologize for. GOONS declared for their own reasons, Neb-X has no treaty with them, and frankly shame on you for even suggesting an apology. Neb-X is its own organization with its own decision-making processes and its own priorities, it owes apologies to no one for exercising them in this situation, least of all Doom House which has not one interest in Neb-X's well-being in this war.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1323550622' post='2872821']
I'm man enough to come out and admit I made a mistake and my pixels... god I never have had any care for them anyway.
[/quote]

Anyone ever tell you that you'd make a great goon.

[quote name='PaladinePSoT' timestamp='1323552447' post='2872845']
Anyone ever tell you that you'd make a great goon.
[/quote]

lol... no thats a first. I was quite the prolific tech raider back in the day though. That was before I realised how fun global wars were, these days I prefer to save my pixels for the big show :v:

Posting in a legendary thread... N-X, I honestly do not see your motivation for doing this. It's not as if you are overwhelmed here, given that NPL is also fighting swarms of GOONS nations... now you're just making your coalition partners angry. Lose-Lose? :blink:

Also, you think the posting in this thread has been bad? Jaiar hasn't shown up yet.

"Nebula-X acknowledges the fact that Nuclear Proliferation League surrendered in order to defend their alliance from the Doom of Doomhouse.
We wish them the best of luck in their war with Doomhouse."

You know, that statement could be considered to be inflammatory towards a certain crew of 'ayrollers. To me, that reads ,"We understand NPL is extremely overwhelmed. So overwhelmed, in fact, we're going to turn our backs on some fine fellas that're helping us in this fight."

Would ya mind takin' that knife out of my kidney? Don't twist too much.

I'm sure that wasn't the logic behind your actions; Hell, you folks likely didn't even think of that consequence. If you did understand that point and went through with it anyway, well... Not sure what else there is to be said. Did you even talk to your allies before making this move?