A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1320510437' post='2839643']
You didn't give me a reason. All you said was "necessary and prudent". And I did not ignore addressing your point at all.

You are trying to hard to insult me. I am the first person to stand up and say I am insignificant. And yet here you are responding to me with no substantive argument and ad hominem attacks to mask the fact that MK has no valid reason for being involved in this conflict what so ever.
[/quote]

We don't need any other valid reason to be involved but VEs invitation. If VE comes to us and says "hey. you tired of this !@#$?" and we say "yeah" then I think that is reason enough provided there isnt anyone who can stop us from giving a damn. You obviously mistake me for someone who was involved with the process but I think that the scenario i just played out is as good a reason as any.

Edited by tamerlane

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tank4ever' timestamp='1320510468' post='2839644']
Once again clever AND true this time, but wrong scenario. The scenario Im speaking of is them trying to validate a clear cut victory with an "I surrender" from NSO. It was theirs to demand as they had the upperhand & were significantly ahead, but is 2 words really worth getting your entire alliance destroyed?
[/quote]

If I understood things right, Legion is just asking for an admission of defeat from NSO, they don't even need to surrender.

As for your question, personally speaking: Yes, it is. I prefer to lost infra than lost my self-respect.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1320510630' post='2839650']
You should have never left MK, AirMe. But I don't know that even you could have kept them from going realpolitik.
[/quote]

Leaving MK is what kept me here. You can realpolitik and not be @#$%^ at the same time.

[quote name='Tank4ever' timestamp='1320510468' post='2839644']
Once again clever AND true this time, but wrong scenario. The scenario Im speaking of is them trying to validate a clear cut victory with an "I surrender" from NSO. It was theirs to demand as they had the upperhand & were significantly ahead, but is 2 words really worth getting your entire alliance destroyed?
[/quote]

At this point, I don't think it matters. But I assume (with the caveat that I know what happens when you assume) that if Tetris were to leave the battlefield today MK and VE would drop their ultimatum, as their goal seems to be to get Tetris out of the war.
So I'm curious if staying in the war until your MDP partner gets peace is worth.. getting your MDP partner stomped even more?
Why not just peace out and let NSO and Legion beat eachother up until one of them finally decides they're bored?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1320507482' post='2839617']
Your point is invalidated by them threatening both NSO/Legion. If they were solely interested in honoring the ODP they would only be threatening Legion and MK wouldn't be involved. MK and VE aren't even allied.
[/quote]
Unless they decide to bring more iron to the fist, so to speak. Then inviting their own ally to this ultimatum makes a lot of sense, especially if they want to pressure NSO (who is their ally's ally but not MK's) to accept peace.

If they felt both NSO and Legion were blocking the peace process (and they are), threatening both, while heavy-handed and certainly not the nicest gesture towards their own ODP's partner, is definitely the best way to bring about a satisactory end.

I am quite sure this will end in a white peace. Legion has too much to lose and NSO will not be stupid enough to get into a "VietNSO".

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1320510925' post='2839653']
If I understood things right, Legion is just asking for an admission of defeat from NSO, they don't even need to surrender.

As for your question, personally speaking: Yes, it is. I prefer to lost infra than lost my self-respect.
[/quote]

Well I admire you for that. Some would prefer to save their pixels, as shown by anyone currently in a "POW" AA

Edited by Tank4ever

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1320510099' post='2839639']
Heres the thing you consistently miss here, might does make right. Your long term experience in this game should provide you with all the evidence you need to understand that. ITs the reason why I don't have to justify our actions to you. Partly because I'm not government, mostly because you're insignificant. Your objections won't do anything to change our course of action. You asked for a reason, I gave a reasonable answer. You chose to ignore addressing my point, continue to cry "monster", and continue your usual soap box posturing that is just so typically you.
[/quote]

If might alone truly made right then MK would have been rubbed out a long time ago, when you were weak. People also respect things like nobility, self-sacrifice, honor, and a sense of fair play. Power changes because of these things. NPO was not cast down because they were weak, but because they were not just. In my view, MK has chosen to renounce all of the qualities that made them great to pursue this concept of might. True strength is found not only in pixels and in the pixels of allies who will honor pieces of paper they have signed saying that they will do so, but in being able to command the respect and admiration even of those who styled themselves as your enemies. Chasing the kind of might that the NPO had will at worst get you killed and at best make you into another NPO. Is that really what you want? I applaud your service to the world in casting yourself as a villain when there was none before, but I condemn that you have squandered the specialness that was MK's potential to reinvent the spectre of your old enemy.

[quote name='EViL0nE' timestamp='1320510988' post='2839655']
At this point, I don't think it matters. But I assume (with the caveat that I know what happens when you assume) that if Tetris were to leave the battlefield today MK and VE would drop their ultimatum, as their goal seems to be to get Tetris out of the war.
So I'm curious if staying in the war until your MDP partner gets peace is worth.. getting your MDP partner stomped even more?
Why not just peace out and let NSO and Legion beat eachother up until one of them finally decides they're bored?
[/quote]
Ah, but they're threatening to pound on Tetris as well. This isn't about 'helping an ally'. This is about getting paid, pure and simple.

[quote name='MikeCrotch' timestamp='1320426240' post='2838452']
To Legion crybabies: Maybe if Legion & NSO weren't responsible for weeks of horrible posting and forum dong dangling, people wouldn't be aggravated to the point of threatening violence.

Clean it up before you get your nose rubbed in it.
[/quote]
Dearest GOONS Justifiers,

Look at every thread we've posted.

Now look at your posts.

Now look at your leaders' posts.

Signed,
Your #1 Target for GOONS' horrible posting and forum dong dangling.

I can't help but feel that no one in this thread knows what the definition of hypocrisy is.

Edited by Dexomega

This post has pretty much forced the battle to last longer and grow bigger.

If legion now gives NSO the peace they want, Legion will be seen as the chicken alliance that was scared of MK/VE blueball's
If NSO now gives takes the peace that has been on the table for a while now, they will look like a bunch of whips who paced out to avoid VE.

But the truth of the matter is NSO and Tetris have been on this from the start and you will see that all NSO allies will stay out of this war and NSO will gain peace very shortly after the DoW, yet Legion (the true target of this crappy announcement) will just get beaten down, this has nothing to do with MK/VE this is nothing more then a e-peen waving by to poorly run alliances.

Translation for lebubu: Meeeeoooow Meow Meeeow Meoooow Meowwww Mmmmeow Meeeoow Meeow Meow Meeeow Meoooow Meowww Mmmeow Meow Meow Mmmmeow Meeeeow Meeeow Meoooow Meeeooow Meeeooow Meow

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1320511646' post='2839660']
If might alone truly made right then MK would have been rubbed out a long time ago, when you were weak. People also respect things like nobility, self-sacrifice, honor, and a sense of fair play. Power changes because of these things. NPO was not cast down because they were weak, but because they were not just. In my view, MK has chosen to renounce all of the qualities that made them great to pursue this concept of might. True strength is found not only in pixels and in the pixels of allies who will honor pieces of paper they have signed saying that they will do so, but in being able to command the respect and admiration even of those who styled themselves as your enemies. Chasing the kind of might that the NPO had will at worst get you killed and at best make you into another NPO. Is that really what you want? I applaud your service to the world in casting yourself as a villain when there was none before, but I condemn that you have squandered the specialness that was MK's potential to reinvent the spectre of your old enemy.
[/quote]

Well stated. Well stated indeed.

[quote name='illusion' timestamp='1320502342' post='2839583']
What happens if NSO stalls or refuses any reasonable peace offers, you still going to roll both alliances (The Legion mainly)?
[/quote]

If this is what happens, The Legion should make an OWF post with the peace offer making it clear that NSO is the one refusing (or maybe post logs if nothing else...haven't had a good posting of logs for this war yet). An offer of "white peace" would probably be best, would make NSO look extremely silly to refuse that offer and make MK/VE the "bad guy" if they attacked as a result. Of course, this isn't a guaranteed to stop either MK or VE, but good PR has it's place regardless.

Although I can understand why a sovereign alliance (both NSO and Legion in this case) would hate being told "make peace, or else", this is a huge gift to The Legion.

In other words, I agree with Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1320494694' post='2839547']
I would say the Legion now appears to be an alliance thats not taken lightly anymore. Congrats Legion this is win win. Make peace, you won.[/quote]

and as far as the point below goes...

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320513473' post='2839677']
This post has pretty much forced the battle to last longer and grow bigger. If legion now gives NSO the peace they want, Legion will be seen as the chicken alliance that was scared of MK/VE blueball's. If NSO now gives takes the peace that has been on the table for a while now, they will look like a bunch of whips who paced out to avoid VE.[/quote]

Considering the size and reputations of MK and VE, I think the rest of Planet Bob (at least anyone who wouldn't criticize the NSO or Legion regardless of what they do) will give both parties a break in this case.

[/quote]

This is fantastic. Hail the llama.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1320514911' post='2839694']
If this is what happens, The Legion should make an OWF post with the peace offer making it clear that NSO is the one refusing (or maybe post logs if nothing else...haven't had a good posting of logs for this war yet). An offer of "white peace" would probably be best, would make NSO look extremely silly to refuse that offer and make MK/VE the "bad guy" if they attacked as a result. Of course, this isn't a guaranteed to stop either MK or VE, but good PR has it's place regardless.
[/quote]
Old news. Everybody and their monkey knows our surrender terms to NSO.

Although I can understand why a sovereign alliance (both NSO and Legion in this case) would hate being told "make peace, or else", this is a huge gift to The Legion.
[/quote]
'We want your tech, Legion. Thank you for allowing us to manufacture an excuse. Merry Xmas and all that.' Some gift.

Considering the size and reputations of MK and VE, I think the rest of Planet Bob (at least anyone who wouldn't criticize the NSO or Legion regardless of what they do) will give both parties a break in this case.
[/quote]
And here it is again. 'You're too small and weak to avoid getting rolled for the sin of actually [b]winning[/b] a war, so we're going to roll you. Why are you not [b]thanking[/b] us for stealing your victory and looting you?'

[/quote]

I never thought that I'd agree with something that Londo said.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320513473' post='2839677']

If legion now gives NSO the peace they want, Legion will be seen as the chicken alliance that was scared of MK/VE blueball's

If NSO now gives takes the peace that has been on the table for a while now, they will look like a bunch of whips who paced out to avoid VE.[/quote]

The lesser of evils considering what they have each made (And continue to make) themselves look like over the course of this conflict.

Edited by tamerlane

[/quote]

I think your assertion that we are undertaking this action to chase the spectre of NPO's fallen might is a baseless accusation...though I understand it's easy to cast us in that light given we're at the center of all evil in CN. Or so you'll be lead to believe if you skim the OWF enough! I think your simply reading too far into this alongside the majority of posters in this topic. It's been stated earlier that VE wanted us to facilitate this action alongside them in order to bring this conflict to a swift end and we obliged them. While I understand that most people like to view things in black and white terms; our actions are neither for the sake of evil or good. We are simply obliging a request...not trying to become some nefarious villain.

[quote name='MisterShadow' timestamp='1320515991' post='2839705']
Claimed Objective: Clean up forum garbage

Response: Create more
[/quote]

I can hear the response now -

MKVE: [i]What garbage?!? These 800 posts are the sweetest prose. Those threads by the hooligans in Legion and NSO are poppycock and all that. Hmm Hmm. Yes.

[img]http://www.wpromote.com/blog/images/mustache-man-with-pipe.png[/img]
[/i]

Edited by LeonidasRexII