A Joint Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom and the Viridian Entente

Leet Guy

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1320470143' post='2839392']
I have a question.

[ooc]
Since CN runs on US Central Time, which observes Daylight Savings, which ends on Sunday...
[/ooc]

Do they really have 73 hours? Or will you attack an hour before update?
[/quote]

[ooc]
I don't know about Central, but I assume it's the same as pacific time. the switch happens at 2am, so that would be after update.
[/ooc]
Meh, people get bored and things happen. I mentioned this weeks ago that someone would do it, I even tried to talk our gov into allowing aiding of nations when the "don't aid against our allies" thread went up.

Edit:
[ooc]
I was right, 2am.
[url="http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b2.html"]http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b2.html[/url]
I only know that from working in the bars in a state where alcohol sales end at 2am.
[/ooc]

Edited by Micheal Malone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1320471793' post='2839428']
Unless people are willing to put the tech where their mouth is...why would they care what the community thinks? And I assure you, the "community" isn't just Legion, Polar, STA, and a few other random moralists.

The vast majority of the community is likely giving this a solid "Meh". Some of the more vocal are frothing at the mouth about it, and another chunk is giddy with the prospect of war, and touching their nukes in a NSFW fashion.

Basically, don't mistake a few pages of rightous indignation for some sort of referendum.
[/quote]

Oh noes you used the m-word.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1320474909' post='2839456']
This makes NSOs defeat by Legion look even more pathetic.
[/quote]

Agreed. I thought the low point would be letting their alliance bleed because they were too prideful to review milk. Nope, I was wrong.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1320456060' post='2839121']
It doesn't matter who wins between NSO and Legion anymore. MK wins however this turns out. Why VE keeps facilitating this, this makes it three times now, is beyond me.
[/quote]
That is what crack addiction is, you get hooked, you need to keep licking it to feel normal. Eventually, it gets so bad that any ol' crack will do. Of course, there still is time for rehab for some. If only they wake up in time.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1320456103' post='2839123']
Wow, you guys are all retarded.... Why are you seriously complaining about this? It ends a stupid war and makes NSO and Legion swallow their pride. It isn't a sliperry slope, because two alliances with very unique positions are agreeing on something. This is literally the perfect topic.
[/quote]
^ Case in point.

Oh come on, you aren't even trying anymore. Finally something happens that's reasonable for both fighting sides and then you have to just barge in for no good reason. If you really wanted something exciting you would go to war with each other.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320458600' post='2839193']
The only ones holding up peace are the ones who have been defeated and refuse to acknowledge it.
[/quote]
Everybody knows who won and lost, whether one of them acknowledges it or not is not going to change that. On the contrary, asking NSO to accept defeat de-jure makes NSO's decision much more simpler. See, they really don't have much more pixels to loose as you've pointed out, there only room here is saving some face. If you take that away too, then I dont see what else NSO has left to loose.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1320476806' post='2839469']
Everybody knows who won and lost, whether one of them acknowledges it or not is not going to change that. On the contrary, asking NSO to accept defeat de-jure makes NSO's decision much more simpler. See, they really don't have much more pixels to loose as you've pointed out, there only room here is saving some face. If you take that away too, then I dont see what else NSO has left to loose.
[/quote]
Legion also wants to see what the fuss is all about, let them get their shot at making others do their bidding and eating crow. Far too often have they been on the receiving end, now that they have a shot at role reversal, the world has a problem? Stop being so mean, y'all.

PS: Responding the point and not the person quoted.

PS some more : If this leads to global devastation and actual implementation of "Everyone Must Die" go for it by all means.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1320474909' post='2839456']
[b]This makes NSOs defeat by Legion look even more pathetic.[/b]
[/quote]

[b]This makes MK/VE look even more pathetic.[/b]

I'm loving the excuses to the in for this war. :awesome: Whatever happens Legion comes out looking good. MK?VE come out looking like idiots, NSO looks extremely weak.

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1320474170' post='2839453']
the funny thing is, strip away the grammar, the spelling and some of the ramblings the bottom line is still true, the sad thing is above all else your lying so hard that I am not sure who your trying to convince me or you ?
[/quote]

Now, now, there are few things in life (both IC and OOC) that can get me to absolutely despise someone. One of these things is questioning my honor and/or integrity. You have done both by calling me out as a liar.

I can say, with a large sum of confidence, that there is not one person on these boards that can legitimately call me out on (knowingly) lying about something, and I'll put my money where my mouth is. If anyone can muster up some sort of evidence of me lying, I will give you 50 tech when this war is over Timeline.

[/quote]

Thanks for proving my point. This is designed to force Legion to let NSO walk away without conceding and if they don't then Legion gets rolled and NSO gets a light spanking (at worst). I have been saying this throughout this discussion only for deluded souls to tell me I should just ignore the obvious and take a sip of the KoolAid.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320479591' post='2839482']
Thanks for proving my point. This is designed to force Legion to let NSO walk away without conceding and if they don't then Legion gets rolled and NSO gets a light spanking (at worst). I have been saying this throughout this discussion only for deluded souls to tell me I should just ignore the obvious and take a sip of the KoolAid.
[/quote]

No, it's not. Do you want it to be or something? I'll admit that I'm at less then full capacity given the hour of the day of the week, but from what I've browsed in the past 20 pages or so you've pushed this point quite a few times.

NSO won't get just a light spanking. I promise. Better?

[/quote]

I don't agree with that statement on the simple point that even those left with neither pixels nor pride still have something to fight for, The Future. I'm not sure if you're aware but The Legion went through an episode called Purplegate where we were threatened to such an extent that some Legion leadership felt it necessary to disband. That episode and what followed striped what was at one point the most powerful alliance in the game of both pixels and pride, but not hope for the future. After some very hard decisions and even harder work we just begun to recover from an event which occurred years ago. Despite nearly disbanding, despite calls of LOLegion and WAE, we've salvaged our heavily damaged reputations because we never gave up hope that our future would be better than our past.

NSO is now faced with a decision similar to what Legionnaires faced post-Purplegate. Do they hang onto their pride or put that aside in favor of starting to build towards a better tomorrow?. The ball is, and has been for weeks now, firmly in NSO's court.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1320479948' post='2839484']
No, it's not. Do you want it to be or something? I'll admit that I'm at less then full capacity given the hour of the day of the week, but from what I've browsed in the past 20 pages or so you've pushed this point quite a few times.

[/quote]
They're at sub 1 million NS having already been in a losing war.

Even if you were to commit equal forces against Legion and NSO the best you could possibly do is a light spanking. They have very little to lose.

Legion on the other hand has nearly 4 million NS.

[/quote]

One question that seems to be keep coming up but never answered (as far as I can see) is

What would happen if one party tries everything within their power to peace out, but other side is still unwilling. What is the action going to be?

[/quote]
I'm not really here to prove one point or another. See, everyone seems to have presumed Legion has gotten its shot at making NSO concede, fact is, Legion never had that shot. I don't know why people believe otherwise. NSO's allies chain triggers would wreck Legion and Co anytime. NSO made a point to not call in allies despite fighting from a statistical disadvantage from get go for w/e stupid reasons and got rightly spanked for it by Legion. That does not means Tetris's ally cannot intervene to bring an end to this bizarre war.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1320472367' post='2839436']
I love how people still think this is beneficial to NSO. Will Legion take a bigger hit than NSO? Yeah, probably because they are bigger, will NSO be treated lightly or receive "token" hits? You are freakin' high if you think that.[/quote]

Are you so freakin high that you can not see that NSO can just say no to any peace offer that legion make and then VE/MK rolls us, doing lots of damage to legion and next to no damage to NSO. This is a dream come through for NSO!

In case you aren't aware, which is appears most of you are not, NSO and VE have a very interesting dynamic, namely, they absolutely abhor each other. Do you really think Impero is going to let NSO off easy?[/quote]

Yes, because there really is not much he can do! NSO is in ashes already.

Also: for largely the same reason as I just mentioned, I can guarantee you NSO did not know about this, nor did Tetris, so nice try, better luck next time.
[/quote]

What does it matter if you, NSO or my husband knew about it! Result will be the same! NSO now have the power to decide if Legion is to be rolled or not. And since I dont consider the leaders of VE and MK to be stupid in any way, I can only belive that this was a calculated move in order to roll Legion.

[/quote]

Thank you very much Tygaland. We greatly appreciate your efforts over the past weeks, and believe me your words and those of all that have supported our position have not fallen on deaf ears at The Legion. Your point on the effects of a MKVE intervention are duly noted. Now we shall see how this plays out.

[/quote]

I would like to thank you as well Lord Romano for staking the honor of your name to the intent of your joint announcement. That intent being to strike both parties unless peace is achieved before the deadline. From what I know of you, your honor isn't something that you treat lightly so I have no reason to think that you won't hit NSO every bit as hard as you hit us. If that does occur I also have no doubt that NSO will hold with their promises to us to never surrender under any circumstances. So once again I owe you a debt of gratitude for being willing to take on the NSO problem yourselves. Getting rolled will truly be worthwhile if it does nothing else but get the Siththys off our hands.

Edited by LeonidasRexII

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1320480236' post='2839487']
They're at sub 1 million NS having already been in a losing war.

Even if you were to commit equal forces against Legion and NSO the best you could possibly do is a light spanking. They have very little to lose.

Legion on the other hand has nearly 4 million NS.
[/quote]

Why would you measure the loss in comparison to raw numbers, that makes no sense. The way I look at it, Legion will take a NS hit, but NSO will literally have almost [i]nothing [/i]left if they don't give in.

[/quote]

No, it is not what I want it to be but it is all it can be. See the post after your previous one for why. I can't be arsed repeating myself again.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1320480876' post='2839493']
Why would you measure the loss in comparison to raw numbers, that makes no sense. The way I look at it, Legion will take a NS hit, but NSO will literally have almost [i]nothing [/i]left if they don't give in.
[/quote]

Really...how do you plan on hitting all those NSO nations out of your range?

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1320479178' post='2839481']
Now, now, there are few things in life (both IC and OOC) that can get me to absolutely despise someone. One of these things is questioning my honor and/or integrity. You have done both by calling me out as a liar.

I can say, with a large sum of confidence, that there is not one person on these boards that can legitimately call me out on (knowingly) lying about something, and I'll put my money where my mouth is. If anyone can muster up some sort of evidence of me lying, I will give you 50 tech when this war is over Timeline.
[/quote]

First of all I would never judge or remark about anyone OOC regardless if they lower themselves to such an act.

As for despising a person for questioning your honour and/or integrity lets not forget how this war started shall we, Tetris was given spied information from Legion forums via NSO (It do not matter if the information has been floating around, or who spied the information the simple fact is you/your alliance was given spied information that you then saw fit to post on the OWF), in order to get The Legion in to a war I am not sure about anyone else but that speaks huge volumes about your honour and integrity, this silly war could have been avoided if you did indeed have honour or integrity, but instead of doing what is seen as the right thing to do and apologize for your part in this dishonourable and Hypocrisy act.

So forgive me if your word is worthless on the subject of Tetris not knowing about the actions MK/VE has played, the only truth that has fallen from your lips on this subject is when you said my name.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1320480876' post='2839493']
[/quote]
You're joking right?

You know damn well that's stupid. Rebuilding from 0 to 1 million NS is much easier than say 2 million to 4. There is hardly equal punishment being dealt, it is impossible for you to do so. The mid tier nations of Legion have much more to lose than the low tier nations of NSO.

There's also the fact that NSO doesn't really care about NS and has said and acted on this on multiple occasions, which is why this situation is going on in the first place, but of course that's unimportant I guess.