Citizens United

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ellis' timestamp='1318565440' post='2824596']
No we didn't :smug:

Seriously though, that's a stupid thing to say, firstly because weren't they pleased when you left? If the 'greatest alliance on the planet' hates you, you kinda suck. And it also prevents people who are fortunately less familiar with you from knowing who you were talking about
[/quote]
Sir, he said greatest..not worst. Now run along and whine to mommy about how mean i am

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1318568148' post='2824652']
Try leading an alliance and trying to succeed without giving any thought to your members. Member retention is important to win a war, and even more important to win future wars. [b]Losing members - even if they're small nations - adds more pressure for you to surrender.[/b]
[/quote]
You're wrong. GOONS lost members and had no pressure to surrender.

NPO lost members. The small nations it lost had nothing to do with why surrender was considered and eventually accepted.

Well this is getting interesting...*looks at GRL* YOUR KILLING MY ENVIRONMENT -.- jkjk good to see allies aiding allies on both sides. It's also good to see this staying limited to the small alliances, if all of them get brought in it could be bad for certain things >.>

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1318568336' post='2824660']
Sir, he said greatest..not worst. Now run along and whine to mommy about how mean i am
[/quote]

Ok, this stalking thing is getting really creepy :o whine to mommy... What? Are you drunk? Or high?

Also, sure, we were never the greatest alliance out there, but I don't see how you can say we're the worst :huh:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1318569507' post='2824681']
So what is with knives, napalm, nukes?
[/quote]

They are tools for killing. Also, it looks much better filling up an aid screen than "Oh, I think this is a CB", or "Come at me bro", and the other useless things people put in aid offers.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1318567353' post='2824629']
Oh get over yourself. We're all mad because we wanted a nice big war, and instead there's an isolated incident involving just a handful of alliances, with all the potential alliances who could escalate (see: Polar) resigning themselves to sending out aid and waiting for the end. That's really all there is to it. If Polar is attacked with this aid being used as a CB, I will issue both you and their alliance a personal apology in World Affairs.
[/quote]
You're welcome.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1318560020' post='2824453']
GATO refuses to acknowledge the legitimacy of the blue NPO colony known as the "New Polar Order" .

[spoiler] :awesome: o/ Friends helping friends. I hereby take back my talk of NpO not getting involved in any way at all. [/spoiler]
[/quote]

Indeed, the NPpO's imperialism is unacceptable. GATO will not idly stand by as this puppet alliance tries to enslave the blue sphere. Long live the NAAC!

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1318563284' post='2824547']
If anyone is showing incompetence here it is the alliances that are wasting aid slots on nations that will not make a difference in winning this war.
[/quote]
My dear sir, if you believe that we are aiding with hopes of winning the war by doing so, then I'm afraid you don't understand.

That being said, I forgot to comment on the nifty image Polaris has. I really like it. It's pretty. Pretty things make me happy.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318566463' post='2824610']
Oddly enough, as I understand it the external aid that has been sent to us prior to this alliance has been relatively limited. The Asgaard aid highlighted by Polar is actually related to tech deals, and wasn't even deliberate wartime aid (Asgaard aren't even allied to us, unless I've missed more than I realized while being retired). And our allies haven't strutted across the forums boasting about such things either.
[/quote]
Semantics. People on your side of a war, with whom you plan, fight, and bleed are your allies for the moment and are receiving the same sort of aid, the same sort of which is plastered all over this forum. The double-standard is glaring and I thought you above it.

That said this sort of argument serves no purpose. It seems like calling things pointless is the new FotM around here, and it's more than a little bit annoying, even when I otherwise agree with the conclusions(See TBB and WC for examples). Why something so pointless requires so many posts, I have no idea.

I really hope we don't end up with a rash of wars that don't escalate because they're fought by proxy via aid flows after this. That would make this world even more disappointing than before. I prefer my wars big. Oh well.

Edited by heggo

This is a disturbing trend. That's not just aimed at NpO, but the other side doing the same. I hope in both cases and future cases aid bombs are treated like a DoW. My only hope is that the allies of those fighting Legion consider this grounds for war.

Good to see allies sticking up for allies. Sure was a slow response, but under the circumstances I guess I can buy it....almost.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1318571720' post='2824705']
This is a disturbing trend. That's not just aimed at NpO, but the other side doing the same. I hope in both cases and future cases aid bombs are treated like a DoW. My only hope is that the allies of those fighting Legion consider this grounds for war.

Good to see allies sticking up for allies. Sure was a slow response, but under the circumstances I guess I can buy it....almost.
[/quote]
I imagine most people view it as grounds for war, but we shall see if any would like to act on it.