Citizens United

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318562297' post='2824522']
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, 10,000 troops can. Well, at the lower levels. Assuming they buy their maximum number of soldiers prior to accepting the aid they can get quite an advantage. Sure they cannot replace those losses until the advantage is gone, but it can make a considerable difference while it lasts.[/color]
[/quote]
Or until they get hit with a nuke

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1318562400' post='2824526']
Or until they get hit with a nuke
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Which at that level is quite unlikely. Until I come out of peace mode, anyway.[/color]

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1318562399' post='2824525']
Exploits are exploits. Expect this hole to close after the current conflict. And may Admin have mercy on your souls.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm going to make you a deal. If you agree to shut up I'll make sure that Chron does the same. How does that sound? Because I promise you its music to the ears for everyone else.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318562505' post='2824529']
[color="#0000FF"]Which at that level is quite unlikely.[/color]
[/quote]
Given that as the war drags on, more and more nuclear nations will fall to that level, smaller nations will take heavy beatings by nuclear nations getting aid packages from their allies (hi Polar, TLR/GATO et al), it'll be more likely that the 10k soldier advantage will disappear quite quickly.

That's assuming a nuclear nation can reach the sub 5k range though, which admittedly, is quite a stretch given the requirements to be nuclear.

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1318562676' post='2824537']
Equal treatment is fair. Tetris and Co had something like a 13% number advantage and 12% score advantage a week ago. Nothing wrong with some equal aid love. Perhaps it'll speed up the fireworks =)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]To be fair, I think some of you are over-analyzing this far too much in your attempts to create an overwhelming advantage stacked against Legion where none exists. It is all well and good to look at collective, raw NS, and "score" (which is an utterly irrelevant statistic in regards to this war), but you need also take into account the NS break up (how much of it is in the upper tier of each side more particularly), as well as activity and how much is being utilized. Factoring in all of those will show this is quite even.

But do not let my logic get in the way of your "OMG ITS FIVE AGAINST ONE!"[/color]

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1318562013' post='2824515']
First statement toes the party line one more time, that NSO doesn't need any help whatsoever defeating us. Well, you've had almost 2 weeks now and you still haven't pulled it off. And if all you needed were the 2k extra troops to exploit that little game exploit, why are you getting cash as well? Come to think of it, you're a small tight-knit alliance, your own internal aid trains should be quite sufficient to exploit the rules like this.
[/quote]
Has anyone in the world used aid trains since 2006?

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1318558874' post='2824411']
Must not have gotten the memo, NSO members have warchests and don't need cash. Just troops.
[/quote]
NSO does not have war chests. Collecting in anarchy does not equal a war chest.

[quote name='letub' timestamp='1318559153' post='2824420']
You could have always resorted to other means than aid drops, what nations aren't in peace mode though. You're call.
[/quote]
Shouldn't be long before GATO fizzles out. That happens to all your alliances.

[quote name='scotch' timestamp='1318559747' post='2824442']
because troops are SO expensive
[/quote]
Nation buys max troops. Accepts aid of 2,000 troops x 5 slots. Now they have more troops than what they could actually buy. The cost of troops is not why NSO would need troops.

--------------------------

These aid "wars" are really pointless. I would not waste money on small nations. The GOONS v. NPO/Co. war accomplished nothing.

Unless all this aid by both sides of this conflict is actually being sent to larger nations then all of you are wasting your time, money, and slots.

If anyone is showing incompetence here it is the alliances that are wasting aid slots on nations that will not make a difference in winning this war.

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1318561199' post='2824495']
You're not their only allies I hope :mellow:. The peanut gallery hungers for drama. This war needs to blow up!
[/quote]

Attack IAA in-game and TLR and GATO will defend them. The door is also open for people to attack us for sending IAA aid. We will not enter on the Optional Aggression clause unless something drastic happens.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1318559002' post='2824415']
Outside of NSO considering the pathetic performance of the Coalition of Incompetence does Legion even need the help? I do not blame you if I was not allied to NSO I would send Legion aid as well and I do not like them at all. Its just the amount of failure from Tetris talking smack and getting crushed, to IAA and BTAs dramatic war fizzles to GATO acting the fool would have made an un-aided Legion victory one of the most amusing things I have ever seen on Planet Bob.
[/quote]

Took the words right outta my mouth

o/ The Legion
o/ NpO

oh and of course

o/ Rebel Virginia ;)

Edited by GDI Crossfire

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1318563284' post='2824547']
NSO does not have war chests. Collecting in anarchy does not equal a war chest.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]NSO does have war chests, as do the competent members of Legion that I have encountered. They are about par. Yes, Legion has quite a bit of unprepared dead weight, but they're not the ones hassling NSO or doing anything at all. They'll surrender soon enough and Legion will left with its leaner meat. I won't lie and say NSO doesn't have members who won't save up either, as we do, but they are quite few. So let us stop with the "lol war chests" nonsense. Neither side is Umbrella, especially as both NSO and Legion have a history of losing wars (badly). But yes, this is a war of attrition. All the statistics you fellows happily toss about, irrelevant considering how equal things are (even the outside aid, which is a whooping twelve slots from RoK - its value is more from dicking waving than any actual tangible effect it'll make on the war).[/color]

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1318563284' post='2824547']
These aid "wars" are really pointless. I would not waste money on small nations. The GOONS v. NPO/Co. war accomplished nothing.

Unless all this aid by both sides of this conflict is actually being sent to larger nations then all of you are wasting your time, money, and slots.

If anyone is showing incompetence here it is the alliances that are wasting aid slots on nations that will not make a difference in winning this war.
[/quote]

Would you rather all the small nations get bill locked and delete? Interesting theory.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1318563763' post='2824556']
Would you rather all the small nations get bill locked and delete? Interesting theory.
[/quote]
They cannot delete from not paying bills. They can sit and collect and make do with what ever they can raid from an enemy. They are better off getting to peace mode than crying about needing aid. Larger nations where the war is really fought shouldn't be bothered with having to send aid to fuel useless skirmishes.

Exploits are exploits. Expect this hole to close after the current conflict. And may Admin have mercy on your souls.
[/quote]

Whaaaat?

You mean you were not previously aware that people did this? :unsure:

Edit as not to double post:

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1318563975' post='2824558']
They cannot delete from not paying bills. They can sit and collect and make do with what ever they can raid from an enemy. They are better off getting to peace mode than crying about needing aid. Larger nations where the war is really fought shouldn't be bothered with having to send aid to fuel useless skirmishes.
[/quote]

You're an idiot <_<

If they're bill locked, which means that they are not collecting enough in taxes and do not have enough money on hand to pay their bills, their only option is to delete, as without paying bills, they cannot buy anything, etc. This would be bad. Even at my level, I can easily spare a few slots of aid a round to help keep small nations out of that situation, and if the upper-tier wars are so close that the victor is the nation with $15mil more... Well, I'd be damn surprised.

Edited by Ellis

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1318563088' post='2824546']
Has anyone in the world used aid trains since 2006?
[/quote]

MHA (and likely others) did during UjW. I used to get about 1 mill and then pass along the other 2 million. I'm positive that's changed since then though. If I remember correctly, it was common at the time still. (Not an MHA bash, just my frame of reference)

[/quote]
Well Polar won't actually get off the sidelines and do anything that might make a material difference to the war effort, so making a show of sending aid and posturing about "making it equal again" or whatever other nonsense is pretty much all they are left with.

They cannot delete from not paying bills. They can sit and collect and make do with what ever they can raid from an enemy. [/quote]

If they can't afford to pay their bills, then they can't afford to rebuy soldiers (and other military stuff) to win their wars (yes, including GA's), so they wouldn't be able to take money from their opponents.

[quote]They are better off getting to peace mode than crying about needing aid.[/quote]

[ooc]This is a game after all.[/ooc] Smaller nations need to fight for (1.) the fun of it, and (2.) the experience of it.

[quote]Larger nations where the war is really fought shouldn't be bothered with having to send aid to fuel useless skirmishes.
[/quote]

Larger nations should have war chests for this. They shouldn't need an extra 18m every ten days; they should be able to fight for a while without outside aid.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1318564365' post='2824564']
If they can't afford to pay their bills, then they can't afford to rebuy soldiers (and other military stuff) to win their wars (yes, including GA's), so they wouldn't be able to take money from their opponents.

[ooc]This is a game after all.[/ooc] Smaller nations need to fight for (1.) the fun of it, and (2.) the experience of it.

Larger nations should have war chests for this. They shouldn't need an extra 18m every ten days; they should be able to fight for a while without outside aid.
[/quote]

18 mil at my level is like 3 days bills. That's why I have a war chest, having been convinced of its utility during the last war.

[/quote]
you realize we've been using this "trick" since GW2, right? it isnt an exploit, it's just one of the numerous things you can do with aid.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1318562060' post='2824517']
[color="#0000FF"]Since when am I respectable?

Anyway, I was wondering when Legion's allies would respond to the aid. Not the kind of response I was hoping for though.[/color]
[/quote]
The fact that I find you respectable is one of the few moral failings I have yet to address :wub:

Anyway, the rest of the world now has the excuse they needed, let's see if this thing takes off.