Citizens United

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1318564525' post='2824566']
having been convinced of its utility during the last war.
[/quote]
If you were only convinced last war, I do worry for the rest of your alliance. Especially the newer members.

Warchests to last a month long war should be the first military requirement members have to meet these days.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1318564174' post='2824562']
MHA (and likely others) did during UjW. I used to get about 1 mill and then pass along the other 2 million. I'm positive that's changed since then though. If I remember correctly, it was common at the time still. (Not an MHA bash, just my frame of reference)
[/quote]
The greatest alliance on this planet did this after its recent war. I was shocked at the waste.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318564245' post='2824563']
Well Polar won't actually get off the sidelines and do anything that might make a material difference to the war effort, so making a show of sending aid and posturing about "making it equal again" or whatever other nonsense is pretty much all they are left with.
[/quote]
Polar entering will quickly make this war uneven when everyone jumps in to roll them. Be honest and admit that Polar staying out is the best move in helping Legion to win this war. NpO gets in, Legion loses. NpO stays out, Legion has a chance to win.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1318564365' post='2824564']
If they can't afford to pay their bills, then they can't afford to rebuy soldiers (and other military stuff) to win their wars (yes, including GA's), so they wouldn't be able to take money from their opponents.

[ooc]This is a game after all.[/ooc] Smaller nations need to fight for (1.) the fun of it, and (2.) the experience of it.

Larger nations should have war chests for this. They shouldn't need an extra 18m every ten days; they should be able to fight for a while without outside aid.
[/quote]
1 - Who cares. I fought GOONS for 2-3 months and we accomplished nothing.
2 - It was stupid. It was not fun. Experience? Unless a ruler is stupid, then he/she should be able to grasp war after 2-3 days of battles.
3 - I agree. My main point is aiding small nations is a waste. After fighting GOONS for 2-3 months, $6mil was more than enough to pay bills and start rebuilding through back collections and new tech deals.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1318563975' post='2824558']
They cannot delete from not paying bills. They can sit and collect and make do with what ever they can raid from an enemy. They are better off getting to peace mode than crying about needing aid. Larger nations where the war is really fought shouldn't be bothered with having to send aid to fuel useless skirmishes.
[/quote]
Where I come from members are valued regardless of NS. Completely disagree for a couple of reasons,

1)Members are family and deserving of support

2)Should be considered an investment for the future growth of the alliance

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1318564859' post='2824576']
Polar entering will quickly make this war uneven when everyone jumps in to roll them. Be honest and admit that Polar staying out is the best move in helping Legion to win this war. NpO gets in, Legion loses. NpO stays out, Legion has a chance to win.
[/quote]
As long as we can acknowledge the futility of this childish puffery.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318565022' post='2824581']
[/quote]
The exact same puffery that's been coming from your allies for nearly a week?

Oh come on Heft, I like you, but you're trying far too hard on this one.

1 - Who cares. I fought GOONS for 2-3 months and we accomplished nothing.
2 - It was stupid. It was not fun. Experience? Unless a ruler is stupid, then he/she should be able to grasp war after 2-3 days of battles.
3 - I agree. My main point is aiding small nations is a waste. After fighting GOONS for 2-3 months, $6mil was more than enough to pay bills and start rebuilding through back collections and new tech deals.
[/quote]
To each their own; I enjoyed fighting a lot when I was small. I got experience coordinating as well, and getting the attacks down in the right order. Fighting small helped me this past war, or I think it did. So /shrug.

To your third point - Yeah you can rebuild cheaply, but you need money to sustain yourself through the war.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318564245' post='2824563']
Well Polar won't actually get off the sidelines and do anything that might make a material difference to the war effort, so making a show of sending aid and posturing about "making it equal again" or whatever other nonsense is pretty much all they are left with.
[/quote]
You believe Polar coming in will make a differance?

The greatest alliance on this planet did this after its recent war. I was shocked at the waste.

[/quote]

I was going to only put one word but it's not allowed.

Okay.

What?

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1318564766' post='2824571']
If you were only convinced last war, I do worry for the rest of your alliance. Especially the newer members.

Warchests to last a month long war should be the first military requirement members have to meet these days.
[/quote]

The wars before that, I fought out of pocket, using skills picked up tech raiding since 2006. After taking 9 months to rebuild, I came to the conclusion that our econ geeks knew what they were talking about. The last war, the rebuld was less than a month.

Edited by Flonker

[quote name='conistonslim' timestamp='1318564954' post='2824580']
Where I come from members are valued regardless of NS. Completely disagree for a couple of reasons,

1)Members are family and deserving of support

2)Should be considered an investment for the future growth of the alliance
[/quote]
My nation is small. Investment in it should be during peace time.

Smart members will realize how this world works and that their tiny nation will not win the war. I realize it. I rather send 300 tech to assist large nations in my alliance to build up than have my nation grow. I can buy wonders, build a war chest, and assist my fellow alliance members more effectively this way.

Members are family and should realize that the family comes first and not their nation.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1318565022' post='2824581']
[/quote]
This war and all its AIDS are futile puff.

[/quote]

No we didn't :smug:

Seriously though, that's a stupid thing to say, firstly because weren't they pleased when you left? If the 'greatest alliance on the planet' hates you, you kinda suck. And it also prevents people who are fortunately less familiar with you from knowing who you were talking about

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1318565443' post='2824597']
In before the hypocrites attack Polar for aiding Legion. Of course it's fine when they do it.
[/quote]

Woah mam TLR and GATO are not aiding Legion.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1318565443' post='2824597']
In before the hypocrites attack Polar for aiding Legion. Of course it's fine when they do it.
[/quote]
Of course it is. Legion isn't allowed to get aid, or they might actually win. We can't have that.

[quote name='Ellis' timestamp='1318565440' post='2824596']
No we didn't :smug:

Seriously though, that's a stupid thing to say, firstly because weren't they pleased when you left? If the 'greatest alliance on the planet' hates you, you kinda suck. And it also prevents people who are fortunately less familiar with you from knowing who you were talking about
[/quote]
They hate everyone that leaves and voices a contrary opinion. If they hate me, so be it.

NPO is great; my leaving them does not change my overall positive opinion of them.

And yes, they did do aid trains.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1318564699' post='2824567']
you realize we've been using this "trick" since GW2, right? it isnt an exploit, it's just one of the numerous things you can do with aid.
[/quote]
I might be wrong but I seem to recall using this during GW1 as well. But yes, at the very latest this trick has been used since GW2 when nations were much smaller on average and a large portion of your nations could benefit from it.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1318565501' post='2824598']
Woah mam TLR and GATO are not aiding Legion.
[/quote]
:P But they are aiding Legion's opponents without actively being involved in combat. If it's okay for those alliances to aid Tetris without being formally pulled into the war, then it's okay for Polar to aid Legion without being formally pulled into the war. Of course we all know that in reality Polar is going to get attacked because the people running the new power structure can't take in what they dish out.

It's amusingly tragic really. During VE/NpO, anyone that sent aid to NpO's side, even if it was sent for a tech deal, was either attacked or forced to pay reparations. But when Schattenmann mentions to one of VE's friends' protectorate that tech dealing with alliances actively in combat with CoJ could be seen as an act of war and probably shouldn't be done, Schatt's alliance is subjected to stricter surrender terms and forced to make an apology.