A few brief announcements from the New Polar Order

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1314166689' post='2787543']
Well, I have to say that this is interesting news. It will be interesting to see how having power to remove the Emperor will affect things. This is kind of interesting because it means that the Emperor is no longer the Sovereign. The people are now sovereign and permit their sovereignty to be exercised through an Emperor.
[/quote]
Indeed that has always been my vision for Polaris. I have always viewed the government and the Emperor as beholden to the Body Republic and not the other way around. If you had to pick one single thing that differentiates the big P from little p, it is that fact. In the NPO it was always emphasized that everyone was there to serve and work for the Emperor. That freaked me out and so I always tried to influence Polaris to do the opposite. My theory was that members would be much more willing to fight and work for an alliance that existed to benefit them, not to benefit someone they barely know. I think my theory has proven correct in the fact that Polaris can't seem to die and has managed to survive some serious issues while retaining a large number of members.

I could talk about this topic (and anything related to alliance governance) for hours, but I think I'll end it there. Nice observation.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1314166636' post='2787542']
i'm calm, but let's not act like it's only "one guys post". the whole lot of you have been collectively acting like a bag of dicks for a while now.[/quote]

I have pondered what a bag of richards would act like. Now I know. :lol1:

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1314174944' post='2787577']
I doubt it'll change much. The BR won't exercise this power in the foreseeable future.
[/quote]

This is what is amusing. Polaris finally has the capability of couping an Emperor and because some of ya'll don't like Random, you think that they should immediately use it to coup Random. If they don't it means nothing has changed... I would daresay that since Random is the one who helped make this change occur, why should the BR use it on him?

and before ya'll go into how Polaris lost IAA and TIO as allies, really? As much as I love both IAA and TIO, they are really not much of a loss, even with UINE merging into TIO. IAA is heavily tied to a side that basically hates Polaris, and TIO is tied to Pacifica. So really, these two departures were kind of inevitable.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1314202664' post='2787687']
I have pondered what a bag of richards would act like. Now I know. :lol1:
[/quote]
OOC: A bag of what?

[img]http://images.starpulse.com/AMGPhotos/pic200/drp100/p160/p16050gi620.jpg[/img]

Also, hizzy wins the thread. :awesome:

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1314217342' post='2787772']
OOC: A bag of what?

[img]http://images.starpulse.com/AMGPhotos/pic200/drp100/p160/p16050gi620.jpg[/img]

Also, hizzy wins the thread. :awesome:
[/quote]

[i]OOC: You can't say 'dick' so far as I know unless you are referring to the proper name. Saying 'richard' (the proper name for anyone nicknamed Dick) is my way of self-censorship.[/i]

+1 for Keith Richards reference.

Hizzy does indeed win the thread. :awesome:

i'm calm, but let's not act like it's only "one guys post". the whole lot of you have been collectively acting like a bag of dicks for a while now.
[/quote]

And you lack a brain if you cannot understand why the idea of attacking Polaris at this particular juncture lacks any logic.

Of course, I have no doubt that you're perfectly aware of the reasons; you're just intent on being an arse regardless.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1314229822' post='2787847']
And you lack a brain if you cannot understand why the idea of attacking Polaris at this particular juncture lacks any logic.

Of course, I have no doubt that you're perfectly aware of the reasons; you're just intent on being an arse regardless.
[/quote]
No one said it didn't make absolute sense, hell I'd have attacked them back in November or December if I was you. What is being said is that you are acting like a bunch of 6 year old dickbags by running around spouting off about their impending doom based.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1314233032' post='2787877']
No one said it didn't make absolute sense, hell I'd have attacked them back in November or December if I was you. What is being said is that you are acting like a bunch of 6 year old dickbags by running around spouting off about their impending doom based.
[/quote]

I suspect you haven't considered that we do it because it's fun for us.

Edited by Crymson

the whole lot of you have been [u]collectively acting like a bag of dicks[/u] for a while now.
[/quote]
We've been doing that for years now, thank you very much.

Edit: Back then people used the word "arrogant." in front of the word d***. Can we go back to that? I rather liked it.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

Considering I've fought almost every other sanctioned, fighting a war with NpO would be fun now that I think about it. Finally I would get back at you guys for switching sides in the BiPolar War. :P

Although you guys have a nice gov setup now with RandomInterrupt as Emperor, so I think that is clear improvement from you guys since BiPolar War either way. Reminds me of before the BiPolar War to good memories, when FCC had a SISTER treaty with NpO and Random frequented our boards as our main Polar contact. Just make sure whoever was Emperor when BiPolar War occurred never holds the position again and I can forgive the mishap, as he was a special kind of stupid.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314314993' post='2788383']
Considering I've fought almost every other sanctioned, fighting a war with NpO would be fun now that I think about it. Finally I would get back at you guys for switching sides in the BiPolar War. :P

Although you guys have a nice gov setup now with RandomInterrupt as Emperor, so I think that is clear improvement from you guys since BiPolar War either way. Reminds me of before the BiPolar War to good memories, when FCC had a SISTER treaty with NpO and Random frequented our boards as our main Polar contact. Just make sure whoever was Emperor when BiPolar War occurred never holds the position again and I can forgive the mishap, as he was a special kind of stupid.
[/quote]
How many times can you say BiPolar war? :P

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1314313458' post='2788374']
I am surprised the same people are still bickering amongst each other. I don't really care any more. I support the changes announced by the Emperor.
[/quote]
Random Interrupt is a fine Emperor, and understands the people he works for. He also understands that the Emperor works for his people, and not the other way around. That's what separates him from other so-called rulers...

...he rules with his people at heart. That's why they fight for him.

That's what separates the Orders, and that's why the New Polar Order is the only true Order. [soap box]

Edit: [sp]

Edited by mmansfield68

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1314113446' post='2786853']
I don't understand why TIO remains so confused about this at this point. You tld NpO you didn't want a compulsory ("mutual") treaty anymore, but you were ok with an optional treaty. Polaris doesn't do optional treaties, or didn't want an optional treaty with TIO. You keep saying that if they rejected the downgrade-to-optional "option" then you would go back to the drawing board, but there's nothing between O's and M's. There's no reason for TIO to feel slighted here, you didn't want to be forced to defend Polaris anymore, and now you aren't.
[/quote]

TIO are lying.

They came to the NpO claiming a "lack of communication" (that lovely alliance equivalent of "I just want to be friends") a few weeks back. As a result, the NpO stepped up diplomatic communications with TIO to improve things unaware that TIO were already voting on the downgrade. Not voting on discussing a possible downgrade but voting on an actual downgrade. Ironically, without any communication of such to the NpO.

TIO then came to the NpO weeks later saying that the vote was done and that the downgrade was what they were told to do by their members. Again, no discussion just informing the NpO. When Mergerberger asked why, he was told the vote commenced prior to the NpO being informed there was an issue and therefore their attempts to rectify the situation were completely useless and the TIO were going to downgrade regardless.

At this point the NpO saw the situation as the farce it was. They decided to cancel the treaty as the unilateral downgrade was not done in accordance with the treaty currently held nor was it discussed with the NpO.

The only reason TIO is annoyed is that Polar cancelled on them as opposed to TIO announcing a downgrade. The downgrade was a "done deal" as far as TIO was concerned, they just didn't realise that they cannot unilaterally alter an agreement like that much less with no discussion at all with the other party to their current treaty.

You are right, TIO got what they wanted by not having to defend Polar but they missed out on the backslapping downgrade thread they had envisioned.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1314428563' post='2789211']

You are right, TIO got what they wanted by not having to defend Polar but they missed out on the backslapping downgrade thread they had envisioned.
[/quote]
You're absolutely 100% correct. Well played by the NpO.