A few brief announcements from the New Polar Order

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1314079638' post='2786703']
I don't understand but I wish it would stop. It seems to be the new fad, and it's a terrible one.

Seems like you jumped the gun and are issuing judgement without fact. It's pretty simple really. TIO informed us that they had already voted to "downgrade" our treaty to an ODP and there was nothing we could do about it, even if we wanted to. If that is not true, then they made an error in their communication with us. Which wouldn't surprise me at all here as there has been quite a few errors on communication which added to this cancellation being necessary. I can't work off what an ally is planning to do, I have to work off what they inform us they are doing. I'm not a mind reader.

Let's not turn this into an argument though because it ultimately doesn't much matter. It highlights the communication issues that we experienced and further justifies my decision.
[/quote]

Random you know the FA game as much as I do. They came to you as they said and I said and confirmed by tio just after my post. Stating "We want to down grade." All Polar had to do is either talk about it and agree or say no. Then TIO would either say "Good-bye, Polar since you don't want to work with us at a lower treaty." or say "We'll see if this relationship can be salvaged and maintain it's status for a set period of time to be re-discussed at that time." You've lost a few of your allies because of the lack of concern of your ally that you should have. May be one of these days you'll see that you're FA ties are not as great as they use to be and should be. I'm not saying that all of your treaties are questionable but there are some you should really think and look at what is happening in the world around you.

Pull your head out Random, and hopefully you'll hear that big popping sound and be able to clear out those cobwebs of FA in CN.

As much as I respect where I spent 1/2 of my time in CN you need to step up your FA game again to what it was and find out why some of those dear old friends aren't so close and tied to you any longer.

Best of luck in turning things around Random.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rokula' timestamp='1314115428' post='2786867']
Well those so-called worst alliances are the ones who have our backs come hell or high water, and the cool kids seem to run and hide if there is even a rumor of them losing their precious pixels. But then again only on planet Bob does sticking by your friends and having balls make you bad alliance.
[/quote]

Maybe so I just think your FA needs a good bit of work. (thought about saying bad things about Legion, but I decided not to.)

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1314113446' post='2786853']
I don't understand why TIO remains so confused about this at this point. You tld NpO you didn't want a compulsory ("mutual") treaty anymore, but you were ok with an optional treaty. Polaris doesn't do optional treaties, or didn't want an optional treaty with TIO. You keep saying that if they rejected the downgrade-to-optional "option" then you would go back to the drawing board, but there's nothing between O's and M's. There's no reason for TIO to feel slighted here, you didn't want to be forced to defend Polaris anymore, and now you aren't.
[/quote]

This has nothing to do with wanting to defend Polaris or not, we simply didn't believe that we had enough contact with them (a fault shared equally between us) to be obligated to defend them. Does this mean we wouldn't have defended them had we gotten the ODP? No. It simply means that with the wavering communication from both sides, we did not believe that Polar should be obligated to defend us, and we should be obligated to defend them. The motion to downgrade was in the best interest of both alliances. It didn't make sense to have an MDoAP with that level of communication for any party involved. And I speak for us (TIO) all when I say no one has a feeling of being slighted, we provided Polaris with information that we had voted on discussing a downgrade and they acted upon it in this manner. What happened happened, and the only two options we have now is go our separate ways, or rebuild a base of contact and friendship. Only time will tell.

[quote name='Derwood1' timestamp='1314138862' post='2787171']
When I saw the OP included "Internal Reforms" I immediately thought this was a disbandment thread or at the very least an explusion of Grubby, silly me..... :P
[/quote]

Settle down Derwood, you can't get everything you want :lol1:

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1314112319' post='2786843']
( pretty funny that TOP doesn't even have to do anything to isolate Polar. They just sit back and wait for Polar to isolate themselves. :awesome: )
[/quote]

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1314140453' post='2787194']
I think that is the plan :awesome:
[/quote]

Not the plan or even the hope. I think most people in TOP envisioned the retribution in terms of some biblical apocalypse where the formidable forces of darkness are forever banished to a lake of fire.

Lately it seems like we're going to have to drive down the road to the hospice center and smother the old man while enjoying a sense of smug underwhelment.

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1314144765' post='2787262']
Not the plan or even the hope. I think most people in TOP envisioned the retribution in terms of some biblical apocalypse where the formidable forces of darkness are forever banished to a lake of fire.

Lately it seems like we're going to have to drive down the road to the hospice center and smother the old man while enjoying a sense of smug underwhelment.
[/quote]

I am sure you will feel better afterwards.

[/quote]
So pretty much like every war that TOP has fought.

edit: in before BiPolar anomaly deflection.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1314156275' post='2787449']
So pretty much like every war that TOP has fought.

edit: in before BiPolar anomaly deflection.
[/quote]
It's an reflection at the unfortunate state of our language and tendency to attack when you had to add that edit despite saying "pretty much like", eh?

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1314155893' post='2787439']
The only individual who would make a worse Emperor than Grub would be you.
[/quote]

Please contact potato, he will give you instructions of how join my fan club.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1314155893' post='2787439']
The only individual who would make a worse Emperor than Grub would be you.
[/quote]

I kind of think an Emperor D34th would be interesting. On that note though Grub was a pretty interesting emperor too. At least he actually "done something about it" instead of trying to deny he wanted to try and roll certain people. You're probably right though that both of their leadership skills suck. I've never seen D34th in charge of anything though so who knows.

Edited by Omniscient1

[/quote]

if you want such a large scale war why don't you grow a pair and just attack already? stop trying to convince people that you're not looking for an easy curbstomp when you've literally been sitting there talking a big game for months now while playing polotiks. man up, coward.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1314161057' post='2787501']
if you want such a large scale war why don't you grow a pair and just attack already? stop trying to convince people that you're not looking for an easy curbstomp when you've literally been sitting there talking a big game for months now while playing polotiks. man up, coward.
[/quote]
Someone is playing politics? What is this world coming to? :(

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1314161057' post='2787501']
[/quote]

The buildup is the most important part. You're asking for a punchline without the setup.

[quote name='Joe Kremlin' timestamp='1314162156' post='2787514']
The buildup is the most important part. You're asking for a punchline without the setup.
[/quote]

then go build up, dont sit here talking about how you desire an epic battle when you're clearly not looking for one. you think when your allies in MK wanted to shove a broomstick up your ass they spent their time on the forums talking about it and bragging about how awesome of a war it's going to be? no, they wanted to tilt the odds in their favor first. not that I'm saying it's a bad move, but you can't have both.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1314162677' post='2787519']
It's one guy's post. Calm down, guy.
[/quote]

i'm calm, but let's not act like it's only "one guys post". the whole lot of you have been collectively acting like a bag of dicks for a while now.

Well, I have to say that this is interesting news. It will be interesting to see how having power to remove the Emperor will affect things. This is kind of interesting because it means that the Emperor is no longer the Sovereign. The people are now sovereign and permit their sovereignty to be exercised through an Emperor.

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1314166689' post='2787543']
Well, I have to say that this is interesting news. It will be interesting to see how having power to remove the Emperor will affect things. This is kind of interesting because it means that the Emperor is no longer the Sovereign. The people are now sovereign and permit their sovereignty to be exercised through an Emperor.
[/quote]

I doubt it'll change much. The BR won't exercise this power in the foreseeable future.

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1314166636' post='2787542']
i'm calm, but let's not act like it's only "one guys post". the whole lot of you have been collectively acting like a bag of dicks for a while now.
[/quote]

Don't forget cowards! They're also acting like hilarious cowards.