A few brief announcements from the New Polar Order

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1314081405' post='2786714']
Hopefully, the Body Republic of the New Polaris Order make use, in due haste, of this new disposition in its Charter.
[/quote]

Don't worry, I'm currently working to overthrow Random and become Emperor, then we can sign a MADP.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1314082415' post='2786717']
Skippy no one is talking about the text being changed. Once the intent has been changed and TIO's commitment had changed then the treaty, not the words has changed.

In this case we regard a great many of you as friends and genuinely wish you all the success and prosperity in the world, but a treaty is no longer viable. I intend on staying in touch with friends and remembering the good times we had as allies.
[/quote]
The thing is though, we didn't opt for cancellation, but it was an option should you not accept our offer/request for a downgrade. As nothing had been agreed on between our alliances, nothing itself had really changed. We still held an MDoAP, right up until you cancelled it. Hypothetically, should you have been attacked even one minute before you cancelled, we'd still be bound to defend you.

Personally, I find it interesting that you jumped the gun to cancel on us, before we had come to an agreement on either downgrading, or us cancelling. I'll be honest here, it looks to me like you're trying to save some face.

Yes, I'd like to retain friendships, but I can't say I like the way you've gone about this.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1314090348' post='2786745']
Why does this always happen to polar?
[/quote]
Why does polar always happen to these?

Perhaps with their new charter and all, in the future, they might experience more fluent communications with their allies and enemies alike. Haven't yet studied the changes, so can't tell if they're actually viable or sane, but the part where removing an emperor becomes a legal possibility is certainly sane.

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1314088842' post='2786739']
Personally, I find it interesting that you jumped the gun to cancel on us, before we had come to an agreement on either downgrading, or us cancelling. I'll be honest here, it looks to me like you're trying to save some face.
[/quote]
Look at IAA. Compare how the two situations even [i]appear[/i] to be similar, regardless of actual reality, and you have your answer. They're just trying to prevent the situation being spun against them before they have a chance to say a word.

Having been burned like this once before myself, just as Polar has already experienced, I really can't see fault in them for wanting to get the word out first.

[quote name='Tequila Mockingbird' timestamp='1314081227' post='2786713']
It always gets me when someone says, "Congrats x alliance, you're better off without y alliance." TIO wont be any better off because TIO is a terrible alliance and is still allied to a bunch of equally terrible alliances.
[/quote]
I find your comment quite offensive sir :smug:

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1314093648' post='2786758']
Hooray for my good friends over at TIO!
[/quote]

unfortunately they are still tied to pacifica :(

Edited by Amossio

[quote name='Tequila Mockingbird' timestamp='1314081227' post='2786713']
It always gets me when someone says, "Congrats x alliance, you're better off without y alliance." TIO wont be any better off because TIO is a terrible alliance and is still allied to a bunch of equally terrible alliances.
[/quote]
Sums up my thoughts.

Congrats on the charter changes though.

The thing is though, we didn't opt for cancellation, but it was an option should you not accept our offer/request for a downgrade. As nothing had been agreed on between our alliances, nothing itself had really changed. We still held an MDoAP, right up until you cancelled it. Hypothetically, should you have been attacked even one minute before you cancelled, we'd still be bound to defend you.
[/quote]
Actually you still have 48 hours or so.

Yes, I'd like to retain friendships, but I can't say I like the way you've gone about this.
[/quote]
Likewise and agreed.

Take care TIO on where ever your paths may take you o/

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1314090348' post='2786745']
Why does this always happen to polar?
[/quote]

Because some people are scared. duh

Edited by alyster

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1314107452' post='2786808']
Actually you still have 48 hours or so.
[/quote]
Ah good, I was wondering if you were going to stick with that, didn't see it in the OP and such. I was looking for someone in #polaris earlier to see if they could verify if you were going to still give us the cool down period or not.

[/quote]

Look, I don't mean to quibble, but....oh who am I kidding? I live to quibble.

You say cancellation was an 'option' if Polaris didn't accept the idea of a downgrade. Alright, then. What was the other option you presented them with? I ask because the word 'option' implies that there was more than one possible outcome if they didn't like changing the nature of your agreement.

If no other 'option' was one the table, then Polaris' actions are completely understandable.

Or, to put it another way....

TIO: "I don't think we should be a 'couple' anymore. More like 'friends with benefits'. But if you're not happy with this, I suppose we'll have to break up."
NpO: "Well, I still like you, but when can you get your crap out of my bathroom? It doesn't need to be there now."
TIO: "What do you mean?"
NpO: "I mean what I just said. We're not a couple. Please get your tampons out of my medicine cabinet. I'm going to need that space for condoms and lube."
TIO: "You're being so unreasonable. Why are you hurting me like this?"

[quote]TIO: "I don't think we should be a 'couple' anymore. More like 'friends with benefits'. But if you're not happy with this, I suppose we'll have to break up."
NpO: "Well, I still like you, but when can you get your crap out of my bathroom? It doesn't need to be there now."
TIO: "What do you mean?"
NpO: "I mean what I just said. We're not a couple. Please get your tampons out of my medicine cabinet. I'm going to need that space for condoms and lube."
TIO: "You're being so unreasonable. Why are you hurting me like this?" [/quote]

I don't think this is really how it went in this case, but I LOVE the analogy.