Locke

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1308633598' post='2736841']
They picked youwish over you? Shame.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, I got bored of doing things months before youwish even returned to the government. NSO would never choose youwish over me. That would be inconceivable.[/color]

[quote name='Dan2680' timestamp='1308633916' post='2736850']
I find it very funny that people are down playing poaching...

"Poaching is no big deal"

"Poaching is not a CB"

"If the members wanted to stay, they would have"

I can guarentee without a doubt, anyone who has said this would throw a HUGE FIT if their members were being poached. Maybe they offered incentives? Who knows? All I know is poaching is completely unacceptable... seriously dont be stupid.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]NSO would not care two bits if someone "poached" from us. And as Crymson said, neither would TOP. If the members can be swayed to go through a simple recruitment offer then they weren't worth having anyway. Either that or your alliance is just so bad that no one wants to stay in it.

That SOS is trying to play this "poaching" thing up is completely absurd.[/color]

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1308634292' post='2736862']
A treaty is a treaty. You're not the same alliance. Also, likelihood isn't really the point of the game.
[/quote]
disregard this just overtired

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1308634079' post='2736857']
NsO -> Tetris is an ODP
[/quote]

This is true. However, what we have here is a pretty cut and dry case of unwarranted aggression.

A treaty is a treaty. You're not the same alliance. Also, likelihood isn't really the point of the game.
[/quote]

Indeed; I find it extremely unlikely (and quite perplexing) that an alliance like RIA would buy into SOS Brigade's shenanigans here.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1308634362' post='2736868']
And you didn't bother going to IAA?
[/quote]
Again, hit us up on IRC if you'd like to know [b]why[/b] that didn't happen.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1308634133' post='2736858']
Need I even cover why this one is highly unlikely? also one could argue that NsO as a protectorate is an extension of IAA, thus the Chain would be NsO/IAA - > tLR -> MK. since MK is the only alliance everyone is worried about.
[/quote]

You missed where I said that the ODP I presented was more likely. I'm even more interested in what all of PB is going to do and whether MK has more influence than VE in its own bloc. We'll just have to wait and see.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1308634313' post='2736864']
I already posted somewhere in here the results of diplomatic discussion with NsO the last time an incident popped up.
[/quote]
That incident being completely bogus (can't believe you got me to partially agree with you on that for awhile, either) and completely out of either of our jurisdictions, as what someone says on Facebook on their own without anyone telling them to say it, whether what is said is terrible or not, is not anything that alliance politics should be sticking their noses into.

Not to mention, being how Mio was treated when she was the most nice about the SOS-NsO split, I think she has the right to speak her mind when something like the "last incident" happened.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1308634362' post='2736868']
And you didn't bother going to IAA?
[/quote]

I hadn't realized that NsO was incapable of informing IAA what had transpired/happened in a reasonable and mature manner to their protector(s). I personally can't say I'm the biggest fan of the "Well, why didn't you inform <inset protector here>" statement when directed toward a seemingly wronged party. SOS's beef was (and is) with NsO, with IAA's direct involvement (and thus snow balling a very funky chain) being a consequence. That's honestly the exact same thing as saying that you need to contact all MADP (and maybe even MDoAP) partners as well as the "accused" party because in reality, that's all a protectorate really is: a hyped up and glorified MADP.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh God, you're really thinking about backing SOS aren't you? All these years and you're abandoning your senses now? You do realize that Invicta is on your side this time, right?[/color]

[quote name='Dan2680' timestamp='1308633916' post='2736850']
I find it very funny that people are down playing poaching...

"Poaching is no big deal"

"Poaching is not a CB"

"If the members wanted to stay, they would have"

I can guarentee without a doubt, anyone who has said this would throw a HUGE FIT if their members were being poached. Maybe they offered incentives? Who knows? All I know is poaching is completely unacceptable... seriously dont be stupid.
[/quote]

But the simple truth [b]is[/b] "If they didn't want to leave, they would have stayed"

Enough said. (If not enough, refer to [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102883&view=findpost&p=2736551"]this post[/url].)

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1308634590' post='2736874']
This is true. However, what we have here is a pretty cut and dry case of unwarranted aggression.
[/quote]

I understand that but they where trying to make links with MDPs I believe.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308634595' post='2736875']
Again, hit us up on IRC if you'd like to know [b]why[/b] that didn't happen.
[/quote]

How about tell everybody why it didn't happen?

[quote name='gantanX' timestamp='1308634316' post='2736865']
well, this is an even war, i think we should just let them burn each others
[/quote]

^ this

Won't happen though. Someone has an agenda going on, which is a real shame, because I very much doubt SOS has the stomach to battle it out on its own against NsO.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1308634659' post='2736879']
I hadn't realized that NsO was incapable of informing IAA what had transpired/happened in a reasonable and mature manner to their protector(s). I personally can't say I'm the biggest fan of the "Well, why didn't you inform <inset protector here>" statement when directed toward a seemingly wronged party. SOS's beef was (and is) with NsO, with IAA's direct involvement (and thus snow balling a very funky chain) being a consequence. That's honestly the exact same thing as saying that you need to contact all MADP (and maybe even MDoAP) partners as well as the "accused" party because in reality, that's all a protectorate really is: a hyped up and glorified MADP.
[/quote]

Considering they chose not to deal with NsO themselves, I'd say at least attempting to deal with someone who has a Mutual Defense Clause with the "offending" alliance might be a good call.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308634865' post='2736886']
The interesting thing is that people already started to compare treaty chains.
[/quote]
The interesting thing is nobody's any good at it and a lot of people are going to end up hurtin' if they don't improve their skills right quick.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1308634865' post='2736886']
The interesting thing is that people already started to compare treaty chains.
[/quote]
This was bound to happen, people can never get enough of the bloodshed.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1308634797' post='2736883']How about tell everybody why it didn't happen?[/quote]
Because that would be rather disrespectful to certain alliances who shall remain unnamed and may even result in warning shots from God being fired across our bows.

[quote name='Katy Perry' timestamp='1308634799' post='2736884']Won't happen though. Someone has an agenda going on, which is a real shame, because I very much doubt SOS has the stomach to battle it out on its own against NsO.[/quote]
Oh I assure you, we do. Whether it ends up that way is something else entirely.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1308634730' post='2736880']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh God, you're really thinking about backing SOS aren't you? All these years and you're abandoning your senses now? You do realize that Invicta is on your side this time, right?[/color]
[/quote]
I was just talking about "Let's connect SOS to MK" but, if someone hits them, um... Yeah?

What about anything of done lately would lead people to think "I'm not going to follow through for this treaty partner. It'd be mighty inconvenient right now." enters into my thought process?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1308634976' post='2736889']
The interesting thing is nobody's any good at it and a lot of people are going to end up hurtin' if they don't improve their skills right quick.
[/quote]

Teach them!

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308635089' post='2736892']
Because that would be rather disrespectful to certain alliances who shall remain unnamed and may even result in warning shots from God being fired across our bows.
[/quote]
lol, since when was being respectful part of your agenda Arrnea?

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308631027' post='2736737']
Damn, why must I always be unavailable when the !@#$ hits the fan. Oh well, let hell be raised and the nukes fly!

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/N5X7B.png[/img][/center]
[/quote]

You make some excellent points. Have you ever considered joining IAA? It's a very good alliance and we very much appreciate those with artistic skills such as yourself. I'm sure Chim would be willing to even give you a government position. Actually let me get Chim. He's better at poaching than I am. Just please don't tell SOS. I wouldn't want to start a war or anything. Not that they'd be foolish enough to declare over something so stupid. But you never know these days.