An Announcement From Dos Equis

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304570244' post='2706620']
I forgot my password :gonk:
[/quote]
I managed to do the same thing a while back. :facepalm: Which is a shame, I liked my old name there even though I never posted.

-Bama

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1304571591' post='2706635']
Meh, I think its a case of some one posting who doesn't post very often. Not everyone can be expected to be experts on posting in these forums. Its really a pretty steep learning curve.
[/quote]

We actually have our own mirror of the OWF that we all practice posting on. Each and every Farker has to complete a Doctorate level dissertation on proper OWF etiquette and the vagaries of hailing and "no u"ing. Bawwing is included as a focus for those of us who want a really complete education. Unfortunately by the time we each graduate, any and all desire to wade through the muck of all these posting "experts" has left us. Radio Silence is less a rule, and more of a communal social contract. But really, it's the "pretty steep learning curve" that sets us back.

The first discussions concerning the possibility of this bloc do go back some time, but it really was not a done deal until quite recently.
I'm quite pleased to see that what started as a casual discussion between two old AA leaders (as opposed to our usual shouting at the young 'uns to get off our lawns)has finally come to pass.

Here's wishing our new bloc much success.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1304600879' post='2706811']
An old man, an obese man, a slave, and [b]a paper man[/b] all coming together. Impressive.

Jibes aside, good luck.
[/quote]

I heard "paper" being mentioned... Would you like to buy paper?

The paper man is not in this bloc though.

[quote name='Newhotness' timestamp='1304607362' post='2706851']
It doesnt seem like this bloc is gonna actually do much of anything. Just kinda there
[/quote]

Yep, nothing to see here, just being politically irrelivant. Don't mind the man behind the curtain. Move on :).

Nothing against most of those involved in this bloc. However, I know how well most of them fight. This is a classic case of the bark being much worse than the bite. I doubt that when someone get enough allies together to fight XX, that XX will win. Then XX will dissolve and the world will be a better place.

[quote name='McShady511' timestamp='1304620195' post='2706969']
Nothing against most of those involved in this bloc. However, I know how well most of them fight. This is a classic case of the bark being much worse than the bite. I doubt that when someone get enough allies together to fight XX, that XX will win. Then XX will dissolve and the world will be a better place.
[/quote]

A nuke is a nuke, mate. ;)

Unpronounced brings up something I'd missed.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1304600879' post='2706811']
An old man, an obese man, a slave, and a paper man all coming together. Impressive.

Jibes aside, good luck.
[/quote]

Crap, I was never all that good at symbolism. Is Fark the fat man? To be more accurate, could I get it amended to "a chubby man with 18 inches of dangling fury"?

[quote name='recockulova' timestamp='1304620576' post='2706978']
Unpronounced brings up something I'd missed.

Crap, I was never all that good at symbolism. Is Fark the fat man? To be more accurate, could I get it amended to "a chubby man with 18 inches of dangling fury"?
[/quote]
No, Fark is the old man.