An Announcement From Dos Equis

[quote]You must not get life on Planet Bob. We've been fighting a war the past 3 months for stuff that happened 4 or 5 years ago that we've been rolled 2 or 3 times/paid reps for already. Sparta/MHA haven't been touched for anything pre-Karma, during Karma etc. [/quote]

Get out of that treaty web and join us. Its the only way to be safe :smug:

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAIT!

Some people suggest we're turning over leaves!? Man the rakes, men!

We get to be the bad guy now!?!?!?! :)

:awesome: I've been waiting for so long. :awesome:

I can't wait to accept everyone's disapproval for when XX acts in a manner they agree with but not 100% how they would've liked because it fails to takes into account their goals/leanings/inclinations or my very favorite, their own brand of bounded rationality!

OOC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHiUitciuJ8
Even my own terrible posts lead me to the reason why Fark is the smartest AA ever for conducting radio silence. /OOC

Edited by caligula

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1304969191' post='2709156']
I have nothing against IRON at all. But as Gremlins closest ally, yes, I expect they should have stayed on IRON rather than sit it out again. They stayed out because staying in would have cost them political capitol and nation strength. But that shouldn't matter. You shouldn't let your friend and eternal ally be pounded to microdust if you can do anything to help.
[/quote]
Of course. How could I think otherwise? MHA leaving the war had nothing to do with the fact that Ram and the other remaining members of Gre had gone !@#$% insane and were attempting to push ridiculous terms on IRON. I was stupid to think that relations between Gre and MHA had effectively ended well before they left the war. Everything MHA did there was a blatant attempt to save their own hide and had nothing to do with the fact that Gre had lost their minds.

Honestly, tell me, do you actually think about what you have to say? It sure doesn't look like it.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1304968843' post='2709152']
Post as they will, their latest action was aiding PB/DH in this war.
[/quote]

Yes, it would have made much more sense to have helped the alliances that have been bashing us systematically instead of assisting an ally... :gag:

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1304972221' post='2709172']
Yeah it must suck to be stabbed in the back.
[/quote]
A million voices cried out "Took the words right out of my mouth" and were suddenly radio silenced.

/Doesn't really work in this thread, but I had to anyway.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1304977566' post='2709236']
A million voices cried out "Took the words right out of my mouth" and were suddenly radio silenced.

/Doesn't really work in this thread, but I had to anyway.
[/quote]
Heh. Well put.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1304969003' post='2709154']
I have very little opinion one way or the other on Fark and R&R. Never stabbed in the back by them like with Sparta. Never had a friend stabbed in the back like MHA did to NPO.
[/quote]
Well I suppose you would be the expert on backstabbing

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1304968843' post='2709152']
Post as they will, their latest action was aiding PB/DH in this war. That's what we all have to go on. They've never put themselves on the line yet. Maybe now after most of the non-neutral planet has taken a big beating they will consider flexing some of their muscle.
[/quote]

So...let me get this straight. It's wrong that we hit an entire bloc without a treaty to help our allies, and yet we have never put ourselves on the line for our friends? I am not sure how those are mutually exclusive. From my point of view, that's putting ourselves pretty far out on the line, especially considering how much crap got dumped on us after our declaration (both politically and militarily). It seems like at this point you will hate us no matter what we do. If we didn't hit NV, you would have called us cowards. If we did hit NV, you would have called us puppets. It doesn't matter what kind of paradoxes you bring up in your points, nothing anyone can say will ever sway you, and that is exactly the problem with people in Bob. Suffice to say that kind of childish grudge holding is [i]exactly[/i] why Pacifica keeps getting rolled.

You can't call for people to forget the past and then simultaneously hold on to every single ill feeling for the rest of your CN career. Everyone else has moved on from the past, why can't you.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1304969191' post='2709156']
They stayed out because staying in would have cost them political capitol and nation strength. But that shouldn't matter. You shouldn't let your friend and eternal ally be pounded to microdust if you can do anything to help.
[/quote]

Sparta didn't want our allies to get "pounded to microdust" so we hit NV. We didn't care about "cost to political capitol and nation strength". When things went !@#$ up Fark and MHA came to our defense to prevent [i]us[/i] from getting "pounded to microdust" regardless of their own "costs of political capitol and nation strength". How in the [i]hell[/i] can you say any of us never do anything for our allies when all of us [i]just went[/i] head first into over a dozen alliances without even activating a treaty.

That's exactly what I mean by your paradoxes. All of us would do anything, and [i]have[/i] done [i]everything[/i] to protect our allies, and yet you still refuse to leave us alone. Fark has charged into alliances larger than themselves for years, taken onslaughts from high NS PB defectors, and survived one of the most brutal CN genocides in history. MHA, even after everything that happened in the last war, still stood up and hit an absolute home run for their friends when they needed it most. R&R has been protecting the likes of LEO, SF, XX, and many an individual ally for over four years and has never, ever [i]once[/i] shied away from a fight. Sparta is proud to be beside the most durable, the most forgiving, and the most courageous bloc mates we have ever had, and if that somehow pisses you off to the point of turning even the most celebratory threads into hate filled pissing contests, then I am truly sorry for you.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Ruler with Plan X' timestamp='1304985182' post='2709327']
[/quote]
Oh lord, has the discussion degenerated to bickering over the Unjust War? :rolleyes:

-Bama

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1304989389' post='2709373']
Not that I am an expert here... But FARK calling TPF backstabbers may be unrelated to the UjW
[/quote]
I believe they are referencing Slayer taking a bunch of people from TF to form TPF, but I could be wrong. That was like 4 years ago so my memory is a tad fussy.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1304990032' post='2709381']
I believe they are referencing Slayer taking a bunch of people from TF to form TPF, but I could be wrong. That was like 4 years ago so my memory is a tad fussy.
[/quote]
Slayer and co left to form TotalFark! with blessings from NPO and GOONS. They then spent all their time badmouthing Fark on the forums and poaching members. Then they merged with someone I don't remember to form TPF.

[quote name='Ruler with Plan X' timestamp='1304992428' post='2709407']
Slayer and co left to form TotalFark! with blessings from NPO and GOONS. They then spent all their time badmouthing Fark on the forums and poaching members. Then they merged with someone I don't remember to form TPF.
[/quote]
I think it was COLD.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1304989389' post='2709373']
Not that I am an expert here... But FARK calling TPF backstabbers may be unrelated to the UjW
[/quote]
You're right, I'd completely forgotten about that. Though that means they're bickering over things even older than UJW, actually. :P

-Bama

EDIT: And yes, it was COLD they merged with.

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1304993259' post='2709422']
I think it was COLD.
[/quote]

iirc it was BANG which is where Catpawz came from, whom was Slayers number 2 prior to mhawk.

edit- actually nvm BANG folded in after TPF formed.

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1304972221' post='2709172']
Yeah it must suck to be stabbed in the back.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ruler with Plan X' timestamp='1304985182' post='2709327']
[/quote]

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1304990032' post='2709381']
[/quote]

[quote name='Ruler with Plan X' timestamp='1304992428' post='2709407']
[/quote]

Aha, history lesson, I like it!

[quote]The Phoenix Federation

Founder(s):COLD & TotalFarkistan[/quote]

[quote]TotalFarkistan (TF!)

The TotalFarkistan (TF!) alliance was founded by Slayer99 and Wingwhiper as a break-away alliance from Farkistan (Fark). The break was caused by foreign policy and internal disagreements with Farkistani leadership.[/quote]

Talking about cowardly, I do really know that you talk by your own example. Salute!

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1304994382' post='2709437']
You're right, I'd completely forgotten about that. Though that means they're bickering over things even older than UJW, actually. :P

-Bama

EDIT: And yes, it was COLD they merged with.
[/quote]
Yeah, but I think our betrayal goes a little bit further than the ones Sparta and MHA supposedly committed. :P

[quote name='fireguy15207' timestamp='1304999288' post='2709477']
Yeah, but I think our betrayal goes a little bit further than the ones Sparta and MHA supposedly committed. :P
[/quote]
Oh, obviously breaking off in that fashion cuts deeper than picking sides in a war. I'm just saying that it's rather stupid to judge TPF by something done in early 2007 that has virtually no bearing on the composition or character of the alliance today. How many of the TF! founders even rule nations anymore, let alone how many are still in TPF?

-Bama

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1305003042' post='2709492']
Oh, obviously breaking off in that fashion cuts deeper than picking sides in a war. I'm just saying that it's rather stupid to judge TPF by something done in early 2007 that has virtually no bearing on the composition or character of the alliance today. How many of the TF! founders even rule nations anymore, let alone how many are still in TPF?

-Bama
[/quote]
I think that's the point in that we've all pissed off people in the distant past, whether intentional or not, and that everyone holding on to their grudges is pointless. Nobody in CN is completely innocent, and scolding others while ignoring their own faults is pretty ignorant.

[quote name='fireguy15207' timestamp='1304999288' post='2709477']
[/quote]

People posting about betrayal from 4 years ago > people posting about betrayal from 2 years ago.

Yeah, we still remember. There are unchecked boxes on Fark's bucket list that go back pretty far.

Do you guys realize how insanely idiotic it is to have an active grudge on TPF over actions a DIFFERENT alliance (TF) did over 4 years ago. Even if you associated it with Slayer, he hasn't been a member of the alliance for more than two years. Two years.

Good luck sparta, mha, fark, rr. Seriously if you hold a dire grudge on us y'all need to get over it, because we're at the point we don't have enough people active from that long ago to even remember what you're talking about.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1305009534' post='2709517']
we're at the point we don't have enough people active from that long ago to even remember what you're talking about.
[/quote]

If Fark had your history, we'd actively try to forget it, too.

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1305009534' post='2709517']
Do you guys realize how insanely idiotic it is to have an active grudge on TPF over actions a DIFFERENT alliance (TF) did over 4 years ago. Even if you associated it with Slayer, he hasn't been a member of the alliance for more than two years. Two years.

Good luck sparta, mha, fark, rr. Seriously if you hold a dire grudge on us y'all need to get over it, because we're at the point we don't have enough people active from that long ago to even remember what you're talking about.
[/quote]
You guys are safe, we'd never go out of our way to hit you guys (we've had several legitimate chances, too). You're just not worth it, anymore.

And thank you for your well wishes :)