An Announcement From Dos Equis

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1304797824' post='2708141']
What i am loving about this thread is the amount of people hailing it, half of them bashed MHA and Sparta's DoW

Oh! Join my side of the web! please?!
[/quote]
Very good post. Worth repeating.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1304821402' post='2708317']
It makes me wonder about your reading comprehension. :huh:
[/quote]

Who knows? Maybe it was one of those subconscious tactics that marketeers try to use on people. :ph34r:

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1304797824' post='2708141']
he loves to brag about it

What i am loving about this thread is the amount of people hailing it, half of them bashed MHA and Sparta's DoW

Oh! Join my side of the web! please?!
[/quote]

I'm not one of those people. I don't want to have any relations with Sparta or even MHA. The only loyal allies in this bloc are Fark and RnR.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1304870977' post='2708588']
Hahahahahahaha.

Why anyone would want to be in a bloc with MHA and Sparta is quite beyond me. Don't you remember what happened the last time they were in one and said bloc was about to enter a losing war.
[/quote]
You mean [i]two years[/i] ago when we left a bloc that was tearing itself to pieces from the inside out due to arguing and paranoia among its members? Man, we reeaaaaaalllly sucked for not wanting to put up with that mess anymore didn't we. And about that "losing war", it was only losing for Q because Pacifica started it in literally the dumbest way possible. Don't blame us for their mistakes. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1304874720' post='2708608']
You mean [i]two years[/i] ago when we left a bloc that was tearing itself to pieces from the inside out due to arguing and paranoia among its members? Man, we reeaaaaaalllly sucked for not wanting to put up with that mess anymore didn't we. And about that "losing war", it was only losing for Q because Pacifica started it in literally the dumbest way possible. Don't blame us for their mistakes. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

It's damsky.

[/quote]

To be fair you guys were a big part of why said bloc was feeling that way internaly...so which came first the chicken or the egg?

[/quote]

You betrayed the bloc. You were actively planning to fight against it while actually in it.

"Sparta was in Karma months before the war even started."

You left the bloc when it was politically expedient. You are cowards.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1304875528' post='2708615']
It's damsky.
[/quote]

What's that supposed to mean? Is it so terrible that I stick up for my friends and my ideas no matter the political situation or that I might *gasp* lose the war? Is it so terrible that when I see people betraying their allies and acting like cowards, I call them out on their !@#$?

Then again, you have no balls and hide behind the skirts of better alliances, so you have a lot in common with Sparta!

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1304879292' post='2708649']
To be fair you guys were a big part of why said bloc was feeling that way internaly...so which came first the chicken or the egg?
[/quote]
And so were you ;). There were too many eggs in the basket in Q. Or chickens in the coop, maybe? Q was too big and based on being THE bloc instead of the actual relationships between the alliances. I don't think anyone can reasonably say this is the case with XX.

Damsky I'll ignore because he's a misinformed irrelevant whining attention whore who's still living in a 2009 that only happened in his head. (I think that's what WC meant).

Edited by Trinite

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1304879292' post='2708649']
[/quote]
That feeling within the bloc was the result of all of us. We all had our issues and none of us handled it like we should have. I'm not saying Sparta had absolutely no hand in the deterioration of relations (We [i]all[/i] said and did dumb stuff, even us), but we certainly weren't planning your demise as Damsky is saying. We honestly tried to get things back on track, but when !@#$ hit the fan the interests of all of our alliances simply didn't fit together anymore, and as a result we left Q and canceled several very old treaties. We weren't expecting war almost immediately after. We thought we had time to repair our remaining treaty with Pacifica and see if we could salvage [i]anything[/i], but low and behold conflict happened anyway. Once the storm got started we had a tough choice to make, but we did what we did and what happened, happened. We didn't [i]like[/i] fighting against former allies, but in the interest of victory for our remaining allies at the time we had no other choice.

It sucked, but we're over it, and so is Pacifica. If any other people who weren't involved have any issues with it (Damsky), then they really are behind the times. XX is the here and now, and obviously Karma is in the distant past, both in strength and in character.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1304881819' post='2708663']
And so were you ;). There were too many eggs in the basket in Q. Or chickens in the coop, maybe? Q was too big and based on being THE bloc instead of the actual relationships between the alliances. I don't think anyone can reasonably say this is the case with XX.
[/quote]

Post sniped me. Darn it :(

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1304881535' post='2708661']
Keep holding old grudges for stupid things sweetheart.. it is working really well for you and others
[/quote]

Worked pretty well for MK.

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1304881819' post='2708663']
Damsky I'll ignore because he's a misinformed irrelevant whining attention whore who's still living in a 2009 that only happened in his head.
[/quote]

So you deny you left a bloc that most people thought would lose the next war, a week before said war when everyone knew it was coming?

You deny your former leader who said "Sparta was in Karma months before the war even happened"?

You deny having moral issues with the bloc, but had no problem with being in it for years?

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1304881855' post='2708664']
If any other people who weren't involved have any issues with it (Damsky)
[/quote]

I was actually a member of an alliance in the bloc at the time so I'm not exactly uninvolved.

and obviously Karma is in the distant past, both in strength and in character.
[/quote]

How is Karma "in the distant past". I mean sure, the war happened along time ago. But the world order that Karma created is still intact. One could even argue that the bonds between key Karma members are even stronger now and this bloc would only strengthen that argument.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1304882824' post='2708673']
How is Karma "in the distant past". I mean sure, the war happened along time ago. But the world order that Karma created is still intact. One could even argue that the bonds between key Karma members are even stronger now and this bloc would only strengthen that argument.
[/quote]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]I fail to see the reasoning and the logic behind the judgements made of Sparta in this thread that are based solely on events that occurred two years ago. Quite a lot can change in a time period of that length, and if you had a problem with them then for something that may or may not have happened, it is unlikely that your opinion is still relevant to the modern Sparta. If we base our opinions on events of two years ago, then I guess it's time for everyone to start believing that MK is a righteous alliance crusading for the good of all CN against the evil NPO.

Most of what has been argued is based solely on perception. Perception of the actions of an alliance from the view of insiders and outsiders. I find it unlikely that you weren't predisposed to disliking Sparta prior to the events leading up to Karma, and instead saw their exit as another reason to dislike them, instead of searching for its real meaning and forming your opinions based on facts, instead of the other way around.[/size][/font]

Furthermore, the world order that Karma created is not intact. What we have now is a world ruled by many of the same alliances who have become nothing but corrupted versions of their former selves.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1304882824' post='2708673']
Worked pretty well for MK.

[/quote]

Not at all. You are wrong. MK might had one old grudge. But they were smart enough to turn old foes in new friends (i.e. TOP). One thing that one may not say is that they are not great politicians.

If you prefer to make more enemies than friends, [i]offend[/i] people without any gain from it... just do it man... Bob is a free planet. However dont be surprised if somebody knock at your door at night.

Edited by King Louis the II

That feeling within the bloc was the result of all of us. We all had our issues and none of us handled it like we should have. I'm not saying Sparta had absolutely no hand in the deterioration of relations (We [i]all[/i] said and did dumb stuff, even us), but we certainly weren't planning your demise as Damsky is saying. We honestly tried to get things back on track, but when !@#$ hit the fan the interests of all of our alliances simply didn't fit together anymore, and as a result we left Q and canceled several very old treaties. We weren't expecting war almost immediately after. We thought we had time to repair our remaining treaty with Pacifica and see if we could salvage [i]anything[/i], but low and behold conflict happened anyway. Once the storm got started we had a tough choice to make, but we did what we did and what happened, happened. We didn't [i]like[/i] fighting against former allies, but in the interest of victory for our remaining allies at the time we had no other choice.

It sucked, but we're over it, and so is Pacifica. If any other people who weren't involved have any issues with it (Damsky), then they really are behind the times. XX is the here and now, and obviously Karma is in the distant past, both in strength and in character.
[/quote]

Problem being...Sparta admitted to plotting with other alliances to overthrow Pacifica in the months leading up to Karma. Thereby violating Q for quite a while before actually leaving the bloc. This was admitted by George the Great 2 years ago.

Had you left when you started that stuff it would have been a different story. As it is you stayed right there until the very last minute then publicly switched sides.

Your latest fiasco was this past war when you very strongly appeared to be Umbrella's hand puppet and declared on Nueva Vida without any treaty.

That's the problem with this entire bloc. None of you have ever used your massive strength for any kind of independent actions. As of now this entire bloc looks like another PB/DH colony bloc. If you ever prove differently I will come on here and apologize.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1304884398' post='2708682']
That's the problem with this entire bloc. None of you have ever used your massive strength for any kind of independent actions. As of now this entire bloc looks like another PB/DH colony bloc. If you ever prove differently I will come on here and apologize.
[/quote]

If you see this bloc as a colony of Pandora and Doomhouse, then you are going to need to remove the doom-colored glasses from your face.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1304884398' post='2708682']
Problem being...Sparta admitted to plotting with other alliances to overthrow Pacifica in the months leading up to Karma. Thereby violating Q for quite a while before actually leaving the bloc. This was admitted by George the Great 2 years ago.[/quote]
Um...no we weren't. GtG may have been King, but he was a piss poor King who rarely, if ever, agreed with the rest of government. He is a great guy, but was not a great leader, and his constant spouting off about random crap publicly is great evidence of that. We don't take him seriously, and neither should you.

[quote]Had you left when you started that stuff it would have been a different story. As it is you stayed right there until the very last minute then publicly switched sides.[/quote]
We didn't switch sides, Q hit our allies. What did you think we would do.

[quote]Your latest fiasco was this past war when you very strongly appeared to be Umbrella's hand puppet and declared on Nueva Vida without any treaty.[/quote]
Ensuring the military victory of your allies by any means necessary isn't being a puppet, it's being an ally.

[quote]That's the problem with this entire bloc. None of you have ever used your massive strength for any kind of independent actions.[/quote]
Except helping everyone else win wars for the last 4 years. Just because we back friends doesn't mean we aren't independent, it just means we are loyal to those who are loyal to us.

[quote]As of now this entire bloc looks like another PB/DH colony bloc.
[/quote]
Colonies generally aren't stronger than the motherland.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1304883403' post='2708676']
I find it unlikely that you weren't predisposed to disliking Sparta prior to the events leading up to Karma, and instead saw their exit as another reason to dislike them
[/quote]

I wasn't, frankly I didn't really think much of them. I certainly didn't dislike them.'

Then they canceled when war tensions were high and that [b]completely[/b] changed my view of them.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1304883468' post='2708678']
Not at all. You are wrong. MK might had one old grudge. But they were smart enough to turn old foes in new friends (i.e. TOP). One thing that one may not say is that they are not great politicians.
[/quote]

I wasn't talking about TOP. I was talking about NPO.

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1304883468' post='2708678']
If you prefer to make more enemies than friends, [i]offend[/i] people without any gain from it... just do it man... Bob is a free planet. However dont be surprised if somebody knock at your door at night.
[/quote]

Is that a threat?