The Overtime Accords

[quote name='TheMeatOne' timestamp='1304458676' post='2705485']
Good war, haters gonna hate, and methrage is jealous he cannot be in goons.

edit: did not intend to quote.
[/quote]
Can I commission someone to make a graphic of a goon beating up on someone with a baseball bat, while telling the horrified onlookers that they are "just jealous you cant be one of us!!1"?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304459112' post='2705490']
Can I commission someone to make a graphic of a goon beating up on someone with a baseball bat, while telling the horrified onlookers that they are "just jealous you cant be one of us!!1"?
[/quote]

I'll do one, the payment is you shut up for 30 days? Sound like a deal?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[/quote]

If someone does it, please make it signature size. I'd like to wear it.

[quote name='SADeki' timestamp='1304457981' post='2705474']
A Finalist of the WPE awards and one of the main contributors of ideas to the WCE thinks we have bad PR? Somehow I don't think this will keep me up at night.
[/quote]
Right, your PR is just [i]stellar[/i] right now. :rolleyes:

You are aware PR means what [i]others[/i] think of you, and isn't your own smug self-image, right?

A Finalist of the WPE awards and one of the main contributors of ideas to the WCE thinks we have bad PR? Somehow I don't think this will keep me up at night.
[/quote]

He was only finalist, cause you joined CN bit too late to nominate you. :smug:

Also, isn't GOONS one of the "F' the PR" alliances?

Edited by alyster

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1304459865' post='2705501']
Only when it suits them.
[/quote]
Just because we don't care what people such as yourself think does not mean we don't care about PR.

[quote name='Billy Pilgrim' timestamp='1304462820' post='2705531']
At least NPO has a guaranteed six months before they get stomped again for existing.
[/quote]
Any longer than that and we'd get too bored.

[/quote]
This one's on the house.

[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/hot_comic.gif[/img]

(Disclaimer: Joining GOONs may not be as easy as depicted. Ask your mom and dad before going online)

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304455328' post='2705421']
I was not "in GOONS" I was in GOONS, ask Councillor banned member if you want verification.
[/quote]
You weren't a true GOON. You spent :10bux: to be part of us, and even then you were some peon who mattered nothing.

Wait, that seems familiar. You still matter nothing. Fancy that.

[/quote]

As another [i]upper tier[/i] WPE contestant, I think he's full of !@#$.

Hope that helps.

[quote]At least NPO has a guaranteed six months before they get stomped again for existing. [/quote]

Or do they? :alterego:

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304457427' post='2705466']
Not really. I mean, for you guys, maybe, but you all continue to be amazingly and/or intentionally blind to how much political capital you guys spent over the course of this war. Really, a staggering sum, much of it not even necessary if you just wanted to roll Pacifica for no reason. Burning through PR is almost like some sort of a sport for you guys.
[/quote]

I'm well aware of that, but thanks anyway.

That's one detailed peace agreement. I'm very glad I had nothing to do with either making it or (at this point) having to keep track of everything to make sure it gets done by the right time, the right amount, blah blah blah. The one thing I do like is the non-aggression pact.

Personally (and yes, this is just my opinion and yes I don't know anything about what "really" happened), both "sides" lost respect in this war. Doomhouse for declaring aggressively in the first place and NPO and allies for "defending" by everyone attacking GOONS. Strategic reasons (if there are really any) aside - that almost made me feel sorry for GOONS - and THAT IS a negative as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1304465716' post='2705561']
That's one detailed peace agreement. I'm very glad I had nothing to do with either making it or (at this point) having to keep track of everything to make sure it gets done by the right time, the right amount, blah blah blah. The one thing I do like is the non-aggression pact.

Personally (and yes, this is just my opinion and yes I don't know anything about what "really" happened), both "sides" lost respect in this war. Doomhouse for declaring aggressively in the first place and NPO and allies for "defending" by everyone attacking GOONS. Strategic reasons (if there are really any) aside - that almost made me feel sorry for GOONS - and THAT IS a negative as far as I'm concerned.
[/quote]

Just to be clear, not "everyone" attacked GOONS. We declared on MK in defense of TPF, and were countered by Umbrella and TOP. SNAFU never fought a GOON nation.

That being said, I'm not a fan of the GOONS in general but aside from the peace mode term this is a very reasonable end to the war. Of course there should be no reps but as the defeated party we have to take some crap but by allowing us to do this all in cash (at a reasonable amount no less) they've made our opportunity to rebuild much easier.

[quote name='Tir Nan Og' timestamp='1304446771' post='2705310']
There are very few alliances in this game that could take on 12 other alliances and win. Surprisingly enough to no one, Umbrella (our ally) is one of those alliances, and 2 billion is their crappiest nations war chest.
[/quote]
lol, no it's not.

You may forget that some of us were at war with Umbrella and have seen their warchests.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1304448887' post='2705335']
Sure GOONS did not single handedly defeat all the alliances arrayed against them, but GOONS was on the winning side, that should count for something.
[/quote]
GOONS meatshielded for the winning side. The fate of alliances who adopt that kind of tactic is rarely a good one.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304451541' post='2705370']
Let's everyone start posting war reports.
[/quote]
Oooh, can I post Uncle Stalin? :D

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1304452538' post='2705392']
We don't *have* an upper tier.
[/quote]
Did you guys boot Umar or something?

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1304453180' post='2705396']
Have fun wrecking MK/co's lower tier, NPO (i feel dirty saying that)
[/quote]
They're all in peace mode, except for a few who are pretty much already wrecked.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304466621' post='2705568']
GOONS meatshielded for the winning side. The fate of alliances who adopt that kind of tactic is rarely a good one.
[/quote]
One of the instigating parties, a meatshield? I would think being in invicta you would know all about what a meatshield is.
[quote]
Did you guys boot Umar or something?
[/quote]
One person is not a tier.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Indian Bob' timestamp='1304466344' post='2705563']
Just to be clear, not "everyone" attacked GOONS. We declared on MK in defense of TPF, and were countered by Umbrella and TOP. SNAFU never fought a GOON nation.[/quote]

That's good to know. However, when Doomhouse (a group of alliances) attacked NPO and then the response is declaration after declaration from various alliances on GOONS, it sure looked that way. Of course, the GOONS public relations team is top notch (which is lucky for them, considering they are GOONS) and played that up very well.

[quote name='Indian Bob' timestamp='1304466344' post='2705563']Of course there should be no reps but as the defeated party we have to take some crap but by allowing us to do this all in cash (at a reasonable amount no less) they've made our opportunity to rebuild much easier.
[/quote]

Should and should not is a matter of how far the leaders and members of the alliances are willing to go for what they believe "should" happen. Having said that, I wouldn't have asked for them in the same situation, for the little that is worth.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304437896' post='2705228']
~Dustbin of History~ MK is Best MK.
[/quote]

We stormed the gates, raised the flag, just the same old story. Seized the throne, subjugate. We should've burned it to the ground.