Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Letum

Polar's allies are not satellites, they are sovereign alliances with fully chartered legal systems and they abide by civilized norms (mutual recognition of sovereignty, the casus belli, and so forth). As former high govt of one of those allies, I can testify to the fact that within Aftermath there were quite a few different, elaborate agendas at play. Of course, now there is only one agenda: survival in the face of a ruthless, merciless foe which above all else desires to break down alliance sovereignty and perhaps even bring back the oppression some of us survived from the Age of the Mad Emperor Moo-Cows.

The reason why some of DBDC's allies are called satellites is because they are separated by convenience, so as to inhibit counter-attack against DBDC's rogue attacks against sovereign alliances. Several AA's such as Doom Squad are simply lower tier extensions of the God Emperor's Will.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in that context, perhaps a better strategy would have been some very extensive diplomacy around the world rather than whatever you had planned. (Which I'm not quite sure what it was, given the rather glaring difficulty of an upper tier disparity). Maybe it would have managed something more. Maybe it would have also failed miserably. Who knows.

But that didn't happen, and we all are where we are.

And that is exactly what makes you all morons. 

Polaris doesn't need upper tier parity, you have made this a standard AA war in allegiance with an alliance that cannot help you, or any of the other ~aggrieved defeated~ against us.  You have coalesced around an alliance as alien to you as admin to mortal.  You have embraced anarchy in order to get within range of DBDC's aura, and your reward will be a war in which your alliances are ground to dust against our alliances while your sniggering upper tier buddies watch from afar.

I hope you're satisfied, I certainly, truly, am.  I am ecstatic.  I am so glad to be part of the stunting of everyone's growth for the benefit of 50 rich guys by 1,000 idiots.

Edited by Schattenmann

haha what?

Yeah, I really don't get it since I remember very well that Polar even included a non-chaining clause in their treaty with GR because they knew GR was going to treaty MK. Non-chaining clauses didn't really get put in back then.

Non-chaining treaty or not NpO didn't make a move without MKs C&Gs blessing in the lead up to WotC and to NPO via 1V/Q days. And wavered back and forth in between. I'll admit my memory is hazy in that time period as I wasn't the most active but I was BLEU govt...

Anyways point remains, NpO never ruled the world. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Polar's allies are not satellites, they are sovereign alliances with fully chartered legal systems and they abide by civilized norms (mutual recognition of sovereignty, the casus belli, and so forth). As former high govt of one of those allies, I can testify to the fact that within Aftermath there were quite a few different, elaborate agendas at play. Of course, now there is only one agenda: survival in the face of a ruthless, merciless foe which above all else desires to break down alliance sovereignty and perhaps even bring back the oppression some of us survived from the Age of the Mad Emperor Moo-Cows.

The reason why some of DBDC's allies are called satellites is because they are separated by convenience, so as to inhibit counter-attack against DBDC's rogue attacks against sovereign alliances. Several AA's such as Doom Squad are simply lower tier extensions of the God Emperor's Will.

o rly? So Aftermath was considering distancing itself from Polaris, interesting.. or they weren't, which means whatever agendas you had were probably in support of Polar. (go figure)

As for the definition of satellites.. I call someone a satellite when they have virtually no mind of their own and all but unconditionally and eternally stick with one sphere, despite the fact that sticking with them isn't beneficial.

You know this DoW has had many stupid things posted in it but, I am giving you the prize.  The one thing Rush does not do is toss out rhetoric.  And that is coming from somebody who has traditionaly been on the opposite side of the guy.  Other that making a fool of yourself are you here to comment on the subject?  You know the DoW, the war etc?

Your suppose be crying about the CB or Doomsphere or Pacifica do not let Polar die etc.  So let us redirect your tears to where they should be.  

I've known him for many years too back when he was nothing more than a baby in this world, your point? Other than you choosing to ignore his regurgitated arguments like a broken record during before and after each war.

On to the topic you seem to think I should be crying about, war is fun being doing it 3 months before this one started so good job on some people doing something other than pay bills for a change.

Should NPO of done something different than the sign a treaty during the war to catapult into the war on favourable terms, I will leave that to others to decide.

They made their bed like everyone else has and will have to lay in it like everyone else.

Couldn't be more disappointed by an alliance I like, if I tried. oA to bandwagon in on a target to defend against a single warring nation who won't stand down to alliance orders. On any given Sunday, that would be reps and maybe expulsion for the offending nation. But I guess escalation was the requirement. Personally, this is garbage and setting low standards.

GK

Just to point this out before it gets buried, SNX were given a chance to clear it up diplomatically. They didn't. Their guy kept shooting and he was never removed from their alliance affiliation.

Just to point this out before it gets buried, SNX were given a chance to clear it up diplomatically. They didn't. Their guy kept shooting and he was never removed from their alliance affiliation.

That's pretty irrelevant given the actual text of this DoW isn't it?

you will notice I was not quoting the actual text of this DoW?

That's what I mean - this DoW has nothing to do with SNX (except that they are the 'unlucky' targets) - no matter what they might have done, or how it might be construed by either side - it's all irrelevant...

That's what I mean - this DoW has nothing to do with SNX (except that they are the 'unlucky' targets) - no matter what they might have done, or how it might be construed by either side - it's all irrelevant...

However, it was pertinent as a response to that post.

You have embraced anarchy in order to get within range of DBDC's aura, and your reward will be a war in which your alliances are ground to dust against our alliances while your sniggering upper tier buddies watch from afar.

I eagerly await this "grinding." I'm getting kind of bored over here.

Point made, but irrelevant to my post. Umbrella can do as they wish. DS can call the single nation a means to "recognise war" with SNX and call in allies. But Umbrella not declaring war, but just ghosting in NPO is pathetic in my opinion. If NPO wished to "help", which they didn't - they could of pushed for a standard resolution to things. SNX would have paid reps and people would have gone about it. But that is besides the point. NPO doing it this way, behind a ghost declaration to somehow legitimize a justified aggressive attack... That is all I was saying. If NPO wished to escalate things they should have just pulled up balls and attacked who they wanted to attack instead of this rubbish.

GK

And that is exactly what makes you all morons. 

You have embraced anarchy in order to get within range of DBDC's aura, and your reward will be a war in which your alliances are ground to dust against our alliances while your sniggering upper tier buddies watch from afar.

Will that be this war? The next one? Gotta save the date, pumped.

I think he needs to take a look at who Polars allies are again.  Most of them are a long way from being warriors.  

The problem with the whole "warriors alliances" thing is that in major wars that involve essentially warrior alliances vs. non-warrior alliances, the warrior alliances end up losing more often than not.

Point made, but irrelevant to my post. Umbrella can do as they wish. DS can call the single nation a means to "recognise war" with SNX and call in allies. But Umbrella not declaring war, but just ghosting in NPO is pathetic in my opinion. If NPO wished to "help", which they didn't - they could of pushed for a standard resolution to things. SNX would have paid reps and people would have gone about it. But that is besides the point. NPO doing it this way, behind a ghost declaration to somehow legitimize a justified aggressive attack... That is all I was saying. If NPO wished to escalate things they should have just pulled up balls and attacked who they wanted to attack instead of this rubbish.

GK

It might not be obvious but we did want to all out fight SNX.

GK

I think you'll find that they did the standard course, and SNX failed to get the guy to stop attacks, and failed to discipline said member when he didn't stop attacks... hence why we are here.
Was it used as a convenient way of escalating this, I don't personally know, but I know where I hedge my bets.

I think we've all seen the doves...my remark to Levi was that there were enough of them to constitute an adequate display for an opening ceremony at the Olympics.  I've been sitting and waiting versus an alliance that went to PM in their upper tier, and it sucks.

I see the argument has gone full circle a few times. Looking forward to the next round.

Here, let me get it started.

*ahem*

The New Pacific Order activated an oA clause. While they did not have a specific grievance against SNX, the alliance they had signed with (Umbrella) did have a grievance by virtue of their treaty with Doom Squad and in light of SNX's failure/refusal (which one is immaterial) to discipline a member who had attacked Doom Squad. The New Pacific Order does not require any 'CB' beyond, "We're helping an ally who asked."

That they seem to be enjoying themselves makes them worse than a thousand chain-smoking Hitlers.

Discuss.

The problem with the whole "warriors alliances" thing is that in major wars that involve essentially warrior alliances vs. non-warrior alliances, the warrior alliances end up losing more often than not.

Well we all know it is a numbers game.  Wars are won before the first shot is fired.  However, the difference between warrior and non warrior alliances changes just how big you need those numbers to be.  You tend not make a move on better fighting alliances unless you have built a huge numbers advantage.  And as Planet Bob knows nobody starts a major war unless it is sure thing.    

Understood. And again, crux of my point. So why the Invicta pretense? Why the ballooned CB over what amounts to a rogue nation? Why oA? Why not just do what was wanted instead of acting inconsistently and in a manner which previously would have angered some now standing around defending their actions?

You have a plan, you have a list of alliances paired up - why not just hit and be done with it. Why the charade of chaining with an attempt of justifying it?

GK

Understood. And again, crux of my point. So why the Invicta pretense? Why the ballooned CB over what amounts to a rogue nation? Why oA? Why not just do what was wanted instead of acting inconsistently and in a manner which previously would have angered some now standing around defending their actions?

You have a plan, you have a list of alliances paired up - why not just hit and be done with it. Why the charade of chaining with an attempt of justifying it?

GK

I can answer that GK

Pacifica are ruled by a cowardly puppet who is too gutless to do other than he's told by his master. Puppet Letum is truly a special Emperor and one of the few people I read spectacularly wrong. When he was appointed I started a topic in every single allies embassy and asked their thoughts while stating mine. I said I thought he was different to previous Emperors and maybe a good leader for Pacifica. I guess I was right on the first part, he is different. I couldn't have been more wrong on the second though!

So now we have a gutless puppet running Pacifica. One who said in his own words "we are invited to combat against an alliance we have no personal issue with". His masters have spoken and he has obeyed.

The real tragedy is he is too afraid to even name his master, as his master has not given permission. His master is no less a coward, and sits back privately manoeuvring the puppets into position, while not even fighting the war himself! I guess as this war plays out and grows eventually the leader will enter, when everyone is engaged where he wants and his alliance can win while taking little damage.

I can't decide which is sadder, Pacifica now being run by a coward, a puppet or a fool.

Again I call on you Pacifica to nut up, throw off your shackles and come at us like men. Stand up to you puppet master and be the leader you once were.

I can answer that GK

Pacifica are ruled by a cowardly puppet who is too gutless to do other than he's told by his master. Puppet Letum is truly a special Emperor and one of the few people I read spectacularly wrong. When he was appointed I started a topic in every single allies embassy and asked their thoughts while stating mine. I said I thought he was different to previous Emperors and maybe a good leader for Pacifica. I guess I was right on the first part, he is different. I couldn't have been more wrong on the second though!

So now we have a gutless puppet running Pacifica. One who said in his own words "we are invited to combat against an alliance we have no personal issue with". His masters have spoken and he has obeyed.

The real tragedy is he is too afraid to even name his master, as his master has not given permission. His master is no less a coward, and sits back privately manoeuvring the puppets into position, while not even fighting the war himself! I guess as this war plays out and grows eventually the leader will enter, when everyone is engaged where he wants and his alliance can win while taking little damage.

I can't decide which is sadder, Pacifica now being run by a coward, a puppet or a fool.

Again I call on you Pacifica to nut up, throw off your shackles and come at us like men. Stand up to you puppet master and be the leader you once were.

Really? Were your allies puppets whenever they answered your call to fight an alliance they had to beef with? Or is NPO supposed to this special alliance that needs to be held up to a different rule?