CN Should Help Out its Own.

IYIyTh

Greetings Folks.

I come to you tonight seeking your help for a fellow CN member in need. For the past few years he has dealt with a hernia that has grown into a problem that is now affecting his livelihood and ability to work. We've looked at local opportunities, but the amount needed is currently out of reach of his direct family and what any local charity might be able to offer as we continue to look for alternative sources of funding. In the meantime we have set up an individual donation fund for them in hopes of raising the money in order to reach our goal.

Most of you know this individual as Lanore, former MoFA of GATO, part brony...part weaboo -- but mostly as someone who has made a pretty significant contribution to CN through their play here.
Anyone who has had the pleasure of interacting with Lanore knows that he's a swell guy and it's hard to dislike him. (Unless he ends up in your embassy on the eve of war to piss on your leg and tell you it's raining ;).)

Naturally, Lanore was very hesitant to speak about the issue but after some hard convincing his mates in GATO have gotten him to open up about it. A few of us have convinced him to let us bring this to the greater population in hopes of raising more money. We've raised over 600$ so far, and there's no reason to believe that we wouldn't be able to reach our goal by the target date in November. To do that though, we'll need to get more people on board.

If you can help out -- that's great -- I couldn't thank you enough for the help and it's immensely appreciated.
If not, I want to thank you for taking the time to look at it -- but if you could, please pass it off to your alliance's forums so that there might be the potential that there is another who is in a better position to make

Tonight I don't come to you as your ally, enemy, confidant or unintentional jester --But a fellow CN player looking out for one of their own.

The player base might have shrunk over the years, but I'm willing to bet the character of those who have remained and have yet to come has only grown.

For more information and to make a donation, please visit:
[url="http://lanore.chipin.com/login"]http://lanore.chipin.com/login[/url]

Thank you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly just want to say thanks to a few specific people and alliances and make some shout outs.

First to TimLee, Laslo, and Letub. They started this project and if it weren't for them I would probably have no hope of achieving this and would have suffered alone for some time.

To GATO, who have supported me immensely through this, and contributed towards this.

To MHA, NPO, RnR, TIO, and CnG, whom have contributed to the current total amount we have before this was posted to the owf.

Thanks to you as well Myth. You have no obligation to me at all and you did this (when honestly the only reason I didn't was because I was afraid to. I know I am stupid. )

I honestly can't thank people enough, or let them know how much it means to me, when I have been spinning my wheels at this for over 4 years now, and all of a sudden it looks like this will actually happen.

There is nothing I can really say that adequately expresses just exactly how important this is to me. You are all amazing.

P.S. To whoever it was who just doubled my fund, you gave me a heart attack. It's probably the best heart attack I'll ever have. I'm still having a hard time breathing right.

showed this to the fiancee and she agreed, after we get our next paycheck and pay off a few bills we'll put the rest towards this. While I don't know Lanore, we definitely know what it feels like to be $%&@ed by the hospital <_<

Edited by Lurunin

Added some spare change. I have had to deal with Hospitalization myself. Thankfully I have insurance, or else I would be out $100,000 right now. Again, a testament to how the richest country on earth can blow hundreds of millions of dollars on a fighter jet it never uses, but can't spare 2,500 bucks to keep one of its citizens working.

What can you say about lanore, other then he is one strange fellow... he really is... a sorta odd duck that everyone likes... an eclectic taste in cartoons and other strange pictures he would post on the gato forums and irc... somewhere in the forum there are some strange photos he's posted... some disturbing.. some just right out there..

One thing I can say about him is this, take him or leave him, you just have to accept him for who he is, and be ok with it.

It is my belief that this surgery will happen before the year is out, and lanore can move on with his life, instead of being stuck. I hope you all will consider helping out.

Good to see that our community take care of each other.

All the best Lanore. Hope you get well soon.
It saddens me why one has to live in pain for such a long time.

Sorry for did not chip in more.
But I will check this back again next month and chip in more if needed.

You are not alone. We are with you.

Edited by suryanto tan