An agreement of peace

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299312536' post='2653350']
No, it was an attack on just the NPO, no matter how much anyone else may wish to play the victim card.
[/quote]
Look, I know as well as NEW that when PB's allies are going to get rolled PB shrugs, but don't be smug about the resolve of NPO's allies and this region of the web to have responded. You knew what you were doing, we know what you were doing.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299315942' post='2653376']
Look, I know as well as NEW that when PB's allies are going to get rolled PB shrugs, but don't be smug about the resolve of NPO's allies and this region of the web to have responded. You knew what you were doing, we know what you were doing.
[/quote]

I wouldn't presume for a second to know how any alliance but my own would act.

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299318248' post='2653386']
I wouldn't presume for a second to know how any alliance but my own would act.
[/quote]

He was a goon for a couple days, he knows everything about goons.

duh

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299314291' post='2653364']
All the quicker Duckroll can move towards forgetting about how they let their multiple allies (plus one bloc-mate) burn in this war.

But I suspect you won't forget for too long, when Doomhouse decides to go for you without a CB and there is nobody left alive to help you out. I'll be waiting with a nice fat "Told ya so" when that day comes.
[/quote]

As a current member of "NPO's coalition" and allies of two Duckroll alliance, I'm not upset that BAPS and Valhalla are not fighting with us (nor, for the elawyers out there, are they obliged too), I wish people would stop insinuating that theres a misjustice being done here where the parties involved have no quarms over it.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299310723' post='2653313']
"I don't have a good response to his point, so I'm just going to dig up the past and make a shameless character attack instead"
[/quote]
I don't see how it wasn't a valid response. You made the claim that GOONS thinks everything is about them and that people aren't attacking us simply because we're GOONS and they don't like us. Except, it's pretty obvious that's the truth because that's exactly what you were trying to do a couple months ago. And you and an entire coalition were conspiring to attack and lure us out.

"You silly GOONS think everything is about you."
vs
"Let's plant a dummy AA to lure out GOONS and attack them, and demand unreasonable reps."

"We didn't attack you simply because we don't like you."
vs
"Do we have a CB on GOONS? Let's ask UPN if theirs will work. If not we'll make one up. We'll do it somehow."

It's not a shameless character attack. It's you trying to save face and put on a front in public about honor and responsibility. But we've all seen the WCE logs. We know what you're really like behind closed doors. You can't pretend you entered the war for any other reason.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299342825' post='2653536']
I don't see how it wasn't a valid response. You made the claim that GOONS thinks everything is about them and that people aren't attacking us simply because we're GOONS and they don't like us. Except, it's pretty obvious that's the truth because that's exactly what you were trying to do a couple months ago. And you and an entire coalition were conspiring to attack and lure us out.

vs
"Let's plant a dummy AA to lure out GOONS and attack them, and demand unreasonable reps."

vs
"Do we have a CB on GOONS? Let's ask UPN if theirs will work. If not we'll make one up. We'll do it somehow."
[/quote]
If you'd have just told everyone you were ok with pre-emptive attacks they wouldn't have had to bother with that whole mess :awesome:

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299343045' post='2653538']
If you'd have just told everyone you were ok with pre-emptive attacks they wouldn't have had to bother with that whole mess :awesome:
[/quote]
Are you kidding? Not even pre-emptive attacks, but ninjas, FnKa, UOKMB, Methrage, and several other people attacked us [i]for no reason at all[/i], and got tons of praise for it because we're GOONS. It's amazing how far the "you're GOONS" thing stretches, and what it allows people to do that nobody else could get away with. It's even better when people accuse us of attacking with no CB or doing a pre-emptive attack, when in the past they were rooting for the large masses of rogues and micros attacking us. But this got discussed at length anyway in a blog -- I think the conclusion was that if you're a smaller alliance than the one you're attacking you don't need a CB because of honor or something?

If the WCE had done a DoW and put "we don't like GOONS" as their reason, they probably would've gotten universal support from the other side.

Edited by Beefspari

All the quicker Duckroll can move towards forgetting about how they let their multiple allies (plus one bloc-mate) burn in this war.

But I suspect you won't forget for too long, when Doomhouse decides to go for you without a CB and there is nobody left alive to help you out. I'll be waiting with a nice fat "Told ya so" when that day comes.
[/quote]
What the hell makes you think they want your help?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299343273' post='2653540']
Are you kidding? Not even pre-emptive attacks, but ninjas, FnKa, UOKMB, Methrage, and several other people attacked us [i]for no reason at all[/i], and got tons of praise for it because we're GOONS. It's amazing how far the "you're GOONS" thing stretches, and what it allows people to do that nobody else could get away with. It's even better when people accuse us of attacking with no CB or doing a pre-emptive attack, when in the past they were rooting for the large masses of rogues and micros attacking us. But this got discussed at length anyway in a blog -- I think the conclusion was that if you're a smaller alliance than the one you're attacking you don't need a CB because of honor or something?
[/quote]
Stop your silly logic nonsense. You are :(( GOONS :(( . You are bad people and we, in our righteous glory, will roll you even if we have to make up our CB!

Edit: Also, :(( GOONS :((

Edited by Varianz

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299343462' post='2653546']
Stop your silly logic nonsense. You are :(( GOONS :(( . You are bad people and we, in our righteous glory, will roll you even if we have to make up our CB!

[/quote]
:( Where art thee, lord of the blue text?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1299342825' post='2653536']

vs

vs

It's not a shameless character attack. It's you trying to save face and put on a front in public about honor and responsibility. But we've all seen the WCE logs. We know what you're really like behind closed doors. You can't pretend you entered the war for any other reason.
[/quote]
You mean, the same as anyone else is behind closed doors?

After that failed coalition, we all largely dropped the idea of going after you. It is only in your imagination that there existed some anti-GOONS coalition between then and now.

I already explained to you why we are engaged with GOONS. Unless you believe I am so vastly important that I can direct an entire coalition to attack you just so I can get a personal shot off, it is clear that your insinuations are a load of bunk. [i]I didn't want to enter a losing war against GOONS[/i] because I know what you people are like. But when the coalition decided on it's target, I had no choice.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299343462' post='2653546']

[/quote]

Now this is how you do it...

GOONS, currently 41st in score, with a dominating 1.8 million NS, and apparently the biggest threat to CN [b]ever[/b].

[quote name='denkimon' timestamp='1299347177' post='2653593']
Now this is how you do it...

GOONS, currently 41st in score, with a dominating 1.8 million NS, and apparently the biggest threat to CN [b]ever[/b].
[/quote]

Pretty much when your government rhetoric is [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99272&pid=2647453&st=0&#entry2647453"]this[/url].

edit: And yeah I stick my neck out and stand up. I fully expect some sort of back channel attack because it is to your cores and will never change.

Edited by AndrewHG

[quote name='AndrewHG' timestamp='1299349766' post='2653607']
Pretty much when your government rhetoric is [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99272&pid=2647453&st=0&#entry2647453"]this[/url].
[/quote]
The problem being that that is not a government member.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299346555' post='2653586']
You mean, the same as anyone else is behind closed doors?

After that failed coalition, we all largely dropped the idea of going after you. It is only in your imagination that there existed some anti-GOONS coalition between then and now.

I already explained to you why we are engaged with GOONS. Unless you believe I am so vastly important that I can direct an entire coalition to attack you just so I can get a personal shot off, it is clear that your insinuations are a load of bunk. [i]I didn't want to enter a losing war against GOONS[/i] because I know what you people are like. But when the coalition decided on it's target, I had no choice.
[/quote]
I [b]totally[/b] believe that after you conspired to create a CB and attack us you just dropped the idea and it has nothing to do with the fact that you're attacking us now through an optional treaty. Or that the plan was revealed and made you all look like complete idiots (backpedaling is awesome). And no, I don't believe you're important enough to direct a coalition. In fact that's pretty obvious since it was a non-start in the first place.

Then again I like the alternative idea that you have no control over what your alliance does. So I'll take either option.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1299343045' post='2653538']
[/quote]

so what you're saying is that using dishonesty and duplicity to manufacture a way to have your war and still claim to be moral is somehow better than being honest about your reasons?

edit: And yeah I stick my neck out and stand up. I fully expect some sort of back channel attack because it is to your cores and will never change.
[/quote]

wait, Kyaris is government now?

I never get told [i]anything[/i]...

[quote name='Lamuella' timestamp='1299356441' post='2653686']
so what you're saying is that using dishonesty and duplicity to manufacture a way to have your war and still claim to be moral is somehow better than being honest about your reasons?
[/quote]
No. Lol. I was saying the opposite :P

[/quote]

To reiterate, yet again, I am not GOONS government in any capacity whatsoever. It's just easy for even a very young nation to see that we are winning this war and our opponents are falling apart. 64Digits is simply an observable example of why it does not pay to be a microalliance at war with GOONS. NPO isn't going to financially back its supporters like our allies will.

Edited by Kyaris

Called it.

[quote name='mobmentality' timestamp='1299270105' post='2652662']
-Standing by for the follow up post containing either an emotional appeal about how they just wanted to be left alone or how we're actually all on the same side.
-Portraying one's opinion that the superior party is inferior in character and declaring it as fact.
-portraying a superior party as morally misguided and irrational
[/quote]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299275712' post='2652727']
...You miss the part where I explained this was not an optional decision for us...
...I'm not going to go and explain the concept of honor to you again, you can't possibly understand...
...you also missed the part where I said you should stop living in this delusional world of yours where everyone is only in this because they want to get a shot off at GOONS...
[/quote]

and again.

Portraying one's opinion that the superior party is inferior in character and declaring it as fact.
[/quote]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299284761' post='2652879']
It is not my fault that you cannot hope to understand the concept of honor.
[/quote]

whoa slow down Hamlet

-This is a classic passive-aggressive tactic of portraying a superior party as morally misguided and irrational
-emotional appeal about how they just wanted to be left alone or how we're actually all on the same side.
-how we're confused and our aggression should be focused on another "mutual"/secret enemy...knowing these guys it'll be one of their less valuable allies
-Portraying one's opinion that the superior party is inferior in character and declaring it as fact.
[/quote]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299288734' post='2652949']
Oh Sardy, this delusional little bubble world you live in is quite funny to hear you rant about.

Second, I think a "reasonable amount of reps" would be in Doomhouse paying NPO for the damage they caused. Collecting the spoils of an aggressive war, like you seek to do, is [i]never[/i] reasonable.

Third, I find it funny that you know so much about the intent of this side. Hm, I don't recall seeing you in the leadership section of our coalition boards, perhaps you choose to simply lurk in our high command IRC channels?

Fourth... I am not some 'crusade' against GOONS, as much as you want me to be. [i]I don't even hate you[/i], as damaging as revealing that fact will be to your over-sized ego. [/quote]

[/quote]

and finally

-portraying a superior party as morally misguided and irrational.
-how we're confused or misdirected
[/quote]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299346555' post='2653586']
It is only in your imagination that there existed some anti-GOONS coalition between then and now.

[/quote]

In conclusion, suck it.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299312766' post='2653355']
Where is the clash? You can be aggressive while participating in a coalition war. Was 10-12 alliances on GOONS needed? Or was it a good way of getting a cheap shot in? Given the history between GOONS and several of the alliances who are not directly treatied to the New Pacific Order that attacked them, they knew what they were getting into.
[/quote]

I agree completely, you were extremely aggressive in starting this coalition war. GOOns shouldn't complain when they are responded to after starting an aggressive war. You were all for no treaty at all being required for Sparta earlier in the Polar front. Now everyone from your side complains that GOOns are responded to by actual treaties. It's bold faced hypocrisy. If you don't want to be responded too, don't start aggressive wars just because you don't like someone.

[quote name='Kyaris' timestamp='1299362372' post='2653777']
NPO isn't going to financially back its supporters like our allies will.
[/quote]

Pacifica sent out billions of dollars that no one even asked for to it's allies post-Karma.

We don't particularly need their money currently, unlike a certain alliance that is simply unprepared to the max for the fire it jumped into.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1299365468' post='2653811']
I agree completely, you were extremely aggressive in starting this coalition war. GOOns shouldn't complain when they are responded to after starting an aggressive war. You were all for no treaty at all being required for Sparta earlier in the Polar front. Now everyone from your side complains that GOOns are responded to by actual treaties. It's bold faced hypocrisy. If you don't want to be responded too, don't start aggressive wars just because you don't like someone.
[/quote]

We're willing to be responded to, but those who respond should be aware of the risks when they have no real obligation, especially when bad blood is pre-existing. Simple as that.