Micro-Peace

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1299074234' post='2649548']
Small correction, it is a ridiculous amount considering KoH's size. The timeline provided is even worse.

Heck, even if i were to assume that reps are justified and the namount is reasonable, the fact that terms require the loot to come from KoH nations is even more ridiculous.....at least allow their allies to help by sending the reps.
[/quote]

The timeline is 2 months before half is due. As pointed out, they should(provided they have someone with average economic intelligence working with them) be able to have 4-5 nations capable of repayment by that time. Should they have issues we would cross that bridge when needed.

The initial offer was made for slightly higher monetary reps(the tech reps did not change)that was payable by any alliance/nation that wanted to help. It was turned down.
KoH made the choice to slow its rebuilding and keep the reps in house in exchange for lower reps.

As for reps being offered at all. We dont all have the massive nations sitting in peace mode that can send hundreds of millions at the end of a war. We cant afford to be nice and give everyone white peace. You can play at war like its a suburban little league game where everyone shakes hands at the end and says good game because the match really changes nothing, we choose to treat it like it is. When politics fail and nukes start flying someone is going home the loser, and not the "OMG I HAZ LESS PIXELS BUT ITZ OK WHITE PEACE" loser, but the type of loser that gets to help the victor rebuild a bit and really know that they lost.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1299044082' post='2649290']
I love this institutional belief that everyone who declares war is entitled to white peace, its hilarious. God forbid there might be some negative consequences to losing a war. Its even more hilarious coming from people who have all historically asked for reps. You love reps when you can collect them, but when its not you collecting suddenly they are the tool of the devil.

This kind of stuff is why we never take most of you seriously. You whine and complain over 75 million as if it was the harbinger of the apocalypse, honestly save your whining for something actually justifying it.
[/quote]

Yeah, claiming everyone that's disgusted with your lack of class by saying they're hypocritical in the case of receiving reps is just as pathetic as the reps themselves. I've never accepted reps from war, even when offered to me. When I led VA, we were offered reps on 2 different occasions (from STA and someone else) and we declined them. I don't approve of receiving or sending of reps due to a war.

So that debunks your little theory of hypocrisy. Face it, you're in the wrong here and there's no reason to demand reps for peace, no matter the amount. As I said, it's pathetic.

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1299074234' post='2649548']
Small correction, it is a ridiculous amount considering KoH's size. The timeline provided is even worse.

Heck, even if i were to assume that reps are justified and the namount is reasonable, the fact that terms require the loot to come from KoH nations is even more ridiculous.....at least allow their allies to help by sending the reps.
[/quote]

I missed this.... Thought they were larger.

To the involved parties, please contact me ingame. I'm willing to pay half the amount of the reps. Got three slots available for this indefinately.

edit, who's going to chip in with me?

Edited by erikz

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1299079028' post='2649592']

To the involved parties, please contact me ingame. I'm willing to pay half the amount of the reps. Got three slots available for this indefinately.

[/quote]

My respect for you grows more everyday. I would... but I need to rebuild... desperately. I really hope someone else does though.

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1299076986' post='2649573']
The timeline is 2 months before half is due. As pointed out, they should(provided they have someone with average economic intelligence working with them) be able to have 4-5 nations capable of repayment by that time. Should they have issues we would cross that bridge when needed.

The initial offer was made for slightly higher monetary reps(the tech reps did not change)that was payable by any alliance/nation that wanted to help. It was turned down.
KoH made the choice to slow its rebuilding and keep the reps in house in exchange for lower reps.

As for reps being offered at all. We dont all have the massive nations sitting in peace mode that can send hundreds of millions at the end of a war. We cant afford to be nice and give everyone white peace. You can play at war like its a suburban little league game where everyone shakes hands at the end and says good game because the match really changes nothing, we choose to treat it like it is. When politics fail and nukes start flying someone is going home the loser, and not the "OMG I HAZ LESS PIXELS BUT ITZ OK WHITE PEACE" loser, but the type of loser that gets to help the victor rebuild a bit and really know that they lost.
[/quote]
All you are doing is getting people to facepalm even harder. Dont try and defend what you did, you are only making it worse :S

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1299079028' post='2649592']

[/quote]
Already trying to redirect some of NV's internal rebuilding aid towards KoH. Wont be a whole lot, somewhere around 45~60 mill tops.

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1299079426' post='2649595']
All you are doing is getting people to facepalm even harder. Dont try and defend what you did, you are only making it worse :S

Already trying to redirect some of NV's internal rebuilding aid towards KoH. Wont be a whole lot, somewhere around 45~60 mill tops.
[/quote]

Good. I expect to be contacted by the demanding party(s) and KoH in-game, so I can get nation links and a schedule of where to deliver the tech.

I won't be on irc for a while, so contact me in-game or through the iFOK boards.

[quote name='Callebaut' timestamp='1299041985' post='2649239']
VE did not design or have a bearing either way in the reparations that were asked for.
[/quote]

Then why are they here in such numbers defending it? <_<

I think I also saw one of your number talking about a good fight it was. Since you went the plastic participation trophy route, you don't get to compliment your former opponent for a good fight. Clearly you didn't enjoy it or you wouldn't be demanding the tech/cash for peace, you'd shake hands and walk away.

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1299044519' post='2649302']
More like White Peace gets offered and rejected. We inform them in 2 days time we will bring our allies and friends to bear on them and offer White Peace again, it was again rejected. When they realize they lost they come crying for White Peace, we took a card from their deck and rejected it...
We figured giving them two offers of white peace was enough and if they wanted to keep turning it down it must mean they actually wanted reps.
[/quote]
You're being intentionally obtuse.

[quote name='ali5541' timestamp='1299045136' post='2649318']
You seem to have missed the fact that VE has nothing to do with the reps. Thank you very much.
[/quote]
Your name is on the terms. You're guilty by association. Don't want that? Then don't sign the terms. Heck, we've done that before.

-Bama

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1299084043' post='2649668']
You're being intentionally obtuse.

Your name is on the terms. You're guilty by association. Don't want that? Then don't sign the terms. Heck, we've done that before.

-Bama
[/quote]

Is that how we are judging things now? Regardless if you are accepting reps or not, if you sign the terms, you are guilty of being terrible people? Interesting. This could re-write some history. Are you sure you should maintain your treaty with TPF using this new justification? I can guarantee their names are on some of the worst abuses in CN history. Of course they actively participated in said events as well, not just signed their names to things that they didn't accept.

Has TOOL ever accepted reps from a war?

-NotBama

Edited by janax

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1299084947' post='2649677']
Is that how we are judging things now? Regardless if you are accepting reps or not, if you sign the terms, you are guilty of being terrible people? Interesting. This could re-write some history. Are you sure you should maintain your treaty with TPF using this new justification? I can guarantee their names are on some of the worst abuses in CN history. Of course they actively participated in said events as well, not just signed their names to things that they didn't accept.

Has TOOL ever accepted reps from a war?

-NotBama
[/quote]
I was responding to his comment that VE had nothing at all to do with the reps. By placing their name on an agreement, yes, they are endorsing that agreement. I'm surprised that there's any debate about that.

TPF does not claim that they were not party to the things they were party to.

We have not. In fact we avoided signing our names to Legio X's terms because we wanted no part of those unwarranted reps.

-Bama

Congratulations to Celestial Being, Misfit Nations, and Kingdom of Hyrule on achieving peace on this front.

It should be noted that these "micros" have fought longer in this war than many larger alliances on other fronts, with the hostilities including Viridian Entente, New Polar Order, and Siberian Tiger Alliance - hardly a "micro" risk to any of them. I'm pleased that all the "nice knowing you" comments each received in their DoW announcements have, to date, been proven overly premature.

Although I personally would have referred that the Misfits relied on VE for their rebuilding and omitted the reparations, at least I'm willing to recognize that they represent just how far Kingdom of Hyrule had to be pushed before their eventual surrender.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299086961' post='2649712']
The amount of whining in this thread over the reps is ridiculous. I look forward to seeing people's reactions when alliances start surrendering to us.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You know how I feel about reps. I've said I would not be too vocal about non-excessive reps, since it'd be a pointless battle for me to fight, but in this case it is fairly unreasonable considering they have two nations capable of paying reps.

GOONS has always been something not too awful. From Ninjas, FnKa, and NATO you asked for something in the 100 mil to 200 mil, which isn't really excessive at all considering that each of those alliances had about ten or so nations in the rep paying range and a few months to pay. Most alliances who will be surrendering to you will have that and maybe a bit more.

The thing with KoH is that they have two nations, and most of their alliance is composed of newbies. Proportionally it is much more than GOONS has asked. Yes, you did ask for 90 mil from Dopp and the rebel, but they both had huge nations and neither had to support the rebuilding of an entire alliance.

As I said earlier, now that it seems KoH has a month and a half to rebuild before they have to send reps, it isn't as bad as it was. And the reps won't take too long to pay, but it is still a little steep for an alliance that small. I wouldn't have asked for such reps myself.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299089103' post='2649736']
[color="#0000FF"]
GOONS has always been something not too awful. [/color]
[/quote]
Well thanks but oh god that pun.

As to the amount, perhaps they should have asked for more tech and less money to make it easier to pay. It is still on the upper end of manageable though.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299089676' post='2649740']
Well thanks but oh god that pun.

As to the amount, perhaps they should have asked for more tech and less money to make it easier to pay. It is still on the upper end of manageable though.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I never said it wasn't possible to pay. To get the first half done it'll just be three full aid cycles (two nations pay the first one, and one the last). Not too much, but still a little steep in my opinion given KoH's size is all.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299089827' post='2649744']
[color="#0000FF"]I never said it wasn't possible to pay. To get the first half done it'll just be three full aid cycles (two nations pay the first one, and one the last). Not too much, but still a little steep in my opinion given KoH's size is all.[/color]
[/quote]
Well if nothing else, people are offering to help pay it. I certainly doubt anyone is going to offer invicta and legion such charity. :ehm:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299090482' post='2649750']
Well if nothing else, people are offering to help pay it. I certainly doubt anyone is going to offer invicta and legion such charity. :ehm:
[/quote]

I don't think they're surrendering, remember?

'grats on peace y'all.

[quote name='Frodark' timestamp='1299076986' post='2649573']

[/quote]

so your lack of a warchest is why you demanded reps? hows that koh's fault again?