Micro-Peace

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1299041658' post='2649232']
I guess 300 tech is worth demanding when your entire alliance has less than a decent sized nation.
[/quote]

It's not that, this is VE's way of saying "hey guys know what would be fun? Let's put in reps in our peace terms with whoever just to see the crying from the masses as they can't do anything about it!" Yes how different from Pacifica, isn't it? Somewhere in their sick attempt to tick everyone off, they're dragging alliances who are small and weak into awful terms for their own sick amusement in a war they contrived to destroy an alliance they dislike. And now they bring in an innocent alliance to do this as a social experiment. Don't think you can stoop any lower, GOONS-lite.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1299041855' post='2649237']
It's not that, this is VE's way of saying "hey guys know what would be fun? Let's put in reps in our peace terms with whoever just to see the crying from the masses as they can't do anything about it!" Yes how different from Pacifica, isn't it? Somewhere in their sick attempt to tick everyone off, they're dragging alliances who are small and weak into awful terms for their own sick amusement in a war they contrived to destroy an alliance they dislike. And now they bring in an innocent alliance to do this as a social experiment. Don't think you can stoop any lower, GOONS-lite.
[/quote]

VE did not design or have a bearing either way in the reparations that were asked for.

[color="#0000FF"]75 million although pretty low, isn't necessary here. I protectorate came to the defense of NpO, much as Misfits did to VE? What exactly did KoH do except join the losing side of the war?

Furthermore, considering that Misfits is still at war with the NpO, are you expecting them to have to aid an alliance at war with their protector (75 mil is due by April 1). Also, KoH really has only two nations in shape to pay these reps. Granted it is possible, but they won't be allowed to rebuild for months (all the more important for them because of the amount of newbies who make up the alliance, and are now less likely to stick around). I know you'll tell me to cry you a river, but at some point reps do just become obscene and unnecessary.[/color]

[quote name='Callebaut' timestamp='1299041985' post='2649239']
VE did not design or have a bearing either way in the reparations that were asked for.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I can believe that actually, considering how terrible your leaders are.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299042715' post='2649253']
[color="#0000FF"]75 million although pretty low, isn't necessary here. I protectorate came to the defense of NpO, much as Misfits did to VE? What exactly did KoH do except join the losing side of the war?

Furthermore, considering that Misfits is still at war with the NpO, are you expecting them to have to aid an alliance at war with their protector (75 mil is due by April 1). Also, KoH really has only two nations in shape to pay these reps. Granted it is possible, but they won't be allowed to rebuild for months (all the more important for them because of the amount of newbies who make up the alliance, and are now less likely to stick around). I know you'll tell me to cry you a river, but at some point reps do just become obscene and unnecessary.[/color]
[/quote]

The reps were designed to give KoH a month of rebuilding without having to clog up their slots. If the war with Polar continues to a point where it interferes with reparation payment, the schedule will be renegotiated. We wouldn't want the uninvolvement term to interfere with the reparations term.

We're reasonable people, KoH is reasonable, it'll get done in a reasonable manner.

Edited by Callebaut

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299042715' post='2649253']
75 million although pretty low, isn't necessary here. I protectorate came to the defense of NpO, much as Misfits did to VE? What exactly did KoH do except join the losing side of the war?

Furthermore, considering that Misfits is still at war with the NpO, are you expecting them to have to aid an alliance at war with their protector (75 mil is due by April 1). Also, KoH really has only two nations in shape to pay these reps.
[/quote]

It's more like one nation....

Edited by erikjsch

[quote name='Callebaut' timestamp='1299042886' post='2649254']
The reps were designed to give KoH a month of rebuilding without having to clog up their slots. If the war with Polar continues to a point where it interferes with reparation payment, the schedule will be renegotiated. We wouldn't want the uninvolvement term to interfere with the reparations term.

We're reasonable people, KoH is reasonable, it'll get done in a reasonable manner.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]They have two nations. To pay the needed 45 mil by April 1 they will need to send it out out before. Assuming their nations come out of peace today, they can get in one and a half cycles of aid to their members. The rest will be heading to you. That's half a month of them being allowed to rebuild. Not an entire month as you seem to think.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1299043156' post='2649264']
[color="#0000FF"]They have two nations. To pay the needed 45 mil by April 1 they will need to send it out out before. Assuming their nations come out of peace today, they can get in one and a half cycles of aid to their members. The rest will be heading to you. That's half a month of them being allowed to rebuild. Not an entire month as you seem to think.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, my mistake, this was just clarified with KoH and us. We agreed to the first deadline being May 1st, I mistyped April 1st in the OP. This has been edited to reflect what was agreed upon in negotiations.

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1299043367' post='2649272']
From Pacifica..... really?
[/quote]

I guess you'd know considering you were there.

And then Pacifica got beat down and taken out from power and then you were not there and now you are here.

You're like Sparta but in micro form.

[quote name='Callebaut' timestamp='1299043413' post='2649273']
Yeah, my mistake, this was just clarified with KoH and us. We agreed to the first deadline being May 1st, I mistyped April 1st in the OP. This has been edited to reflect what was agreed upon in negotiations.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well then, not completely unreasonable then as I thought earlier. Still disagreeable, however, I can't say I would have asked for these myself. I guess I'll just skedaddle then and hope KoH eventually gets every dime of this back.[/color]

[quote name='maskofblue' timestamp='1299043367' post='2649272']
From Pacifica..... really?
[/quote]

Pacifica has changed. You're imbibing our old vomit.. you know.. the things that the world hated that were part of us that were making us ill. I hope you enjoy rancid meat. Then again, it's not new to you.. is it, exile?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1299043430' post='2649274']
I guess you'd know considering you were there.

And then Pacifica got beat down and taken out from power and then you were not there and now you are here.

You're like Sparta but in micro form.
[/quote]

Those that knew our collective founders reasons for leaving Pacifica had nothing to do with they got smacked around. It had everything to do with internal drama that has no business in this thread. Should you wish to hear the reason you are welcome to PM me. However, due to the reason not fitting your "well planned" propaganda campaign I doubt I will get that message.